The last poster wins

TheCalliton

@werne,

You're right. You cannot pee on the seat if you are sitting on it. And you sort of explained how it happened in your post. It might have been a really urgent pee.

Perhaps, but in my case it's still something that is unheard of. Hmm, this phenomena requires further study...

@ub3rman123 Glass is liquid in a sense, and it's solid if looked at from a different perspective. It's a weird material. :confused:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/General/Glass/glass.html

Glass according this is a solid.

:confused:

You are not technically wrong, because science doesn't even know.

ub3rman123 i suggest correct that statement and tell him we are both wrong. Glass is a mysterious thing indeed. Its neither Liquid or a solid, It might be even a new form of matter that has not yet been discovered.

This would be a neat thing to ask a Quantum Computer ehh. Its a paradox in Molecular form

Conclusion

There is no clear answer to the question "Is glass solid or liquid?". In terms of molecular dynamics and thermodynamics it is possible to justify various different views that it is a highly viscous liquid, an amorphous solid, or simply that glass is another state of matter that is neither liquid nor solid. The difference is semantic. In terms of its material properties we can do little better. There is no clear definition of the distinction between solids and highly viscous liquids. All such phases or states of matter are idealisations of real material properties. Nevertheless, from a more common sense point of view, glass should be considered a solid since it is rigid according to everyday experience. The use of the term "supercooled liquid" to describe glass still persists, but is considered by many to be an unfortunate misnomer that should be avoided. In any case, claims that glass panes in old windows have deformed due to glass flow have never been substantiated. Examples of Roman glassware and calculations based on measurements of glass visco-properties indicate that these claims cannot be true. The observed features are

more easily explained as a result of the imperfect methods used to make glass window panes before the float glass process was invented.

Edited by Thor.

The professor specifically stated that glass will flow downwards over a long period of time. Regardless of the molecular structure (Which is the bit we're on now, ionic solids), glass doesn't do that.

I would've immediately launched into a lecture on old-timey glassblowing techniques and the creation of crown glass, but I figured, another time, another place.

It's not like I can set a brick down onto a glass table, come back in a thousand years, and find that the brick has somehow fallen beneath the table without breaking the glass.