The last poster wins

TheCalliton

<SNIP>

Give yourself time to learn. Books and instructors can teach you the road rules and basic techniques, but the only way to learn the actual skill of driving is experience, which takes time to accumulate. It took me three and a half years to get my racing licence: for all that my profession revolves around cars, I failed my driving test three times, and had to re-take several tests and exams along the way to getting my advanced licence. Driving is a skill that takes years to pick up, and it'll be a long time before you're comfortable.

There's also a significant learning period every time you drive a model of car for the first time, even for veteran drivers like myself. Every make and model of car is unique and brings with it it's own set of traits, requirements and personality, which you as the driver have to adjust to. The last time I bought a new car, it took me four months to get used to driving it, despite having owned a previous iteration of that model. The differences between a 1998 and a 2011 model were so significant that it took me that long to feel confident driving it.

As a final note, if you do find after two years or so that you don't enjoy driving, that isn't a problem-you'd hardly be the only one. There are cars made specifically for people who love cars and driving, just as there are cars built specially for people who hate driving which do most of the hard work for you.

EDIT: new person... I think.. Hi Ashdron, I haven't seen you around before. I'm the resident nerdy person(everything's relative) I say things which confuse/bore people and then when they stop listening I go and bury myself waist-deep in scrap machinery.

Edited by Vindekarr

i dont have that problem vindekarr boredom actually forces me to read

and btw if your goal is beating the world record of 400000 posts you suck at it cuz after 5 years you only filled the percentage bar by exactly

12.7205%

note:(this post included)

so you get there after exactly 39.30663102865453 years WITH this pace :geek:

also can someone explain this to me?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Edited by AsHdRoN

Its a glitch in the system, bing takes over and erases the potential for posts.

For one bing there is one less post, if that bing decided to sign up or log in that post count has a higher chance to reach that goal.

HEREE!!! MEEEE!! bing, you are ruining everything. That's looking at you google and facebook.

Edited by Thor.

Bing and Google stalk us, I suppose.

Having to use public computers to access my email now. I'll be taking the hard drives to IT later tomorrow to see if anything's recoverable. If not, I'll have to order one, which will take another week.

I checked RadioShack, but it seems that all they sell these days is Apple accessories and parts for televisions.

Hey you use Chrome to, good browser, just like firefox. But less secure lol.

You know they say id they found a planet or moon near by they will right away try to get to that planetary system in Question.

http://www.icarusinterstellar.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Project-TinTin-Header-Image.png

See they must have some real motivation to start a company, dedicated to interstellar space flight. A moon perhaps.

Edited by Thor.