The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Found another Unique in FNV tonight, the sixth on this character(my first ever full FNV playthrough). This time it was, get this, a Unique-tier Varmint rifle. Sounded like absolute crap, but I tested it out and, lo and behold it's the best stealth weapon I've found thus far. It's quieter and lighter by far than the Sniper Rifle, and shoots a plethora of ammunition: it's actually extremely practical and surprisingly powerful, to say nothing of it's absurdly high crit chance. So yes, despite now being level 27 I am proudly using a Varmint rifle: I play a stealth character so it's actually a very, very effective stealth killer, and there's little funnier than popping a Super-Mutant's head off with a gun most people discarded in disgust after the end of the tutorial.

http://www.tesmagic.ru/foto/weapons_falloutnv/ratslayer.jpg

The RatSlayer: looks pathetic, sounds pathetic, feels pathetic, it looks for all the world like a shinier version of the most limp-wristed gun in the game...

...Well, until you see it decapitate a Legionnaire Centurion with a single HAX-strength stealth headshot critical that is.

Edited by Vindekarr