The last poster wins

TheCalliton

good night people, fun time we had

oh and wish me luck as i go to sleep

me and Vaermina... haven't been on good terms recently :ohdear:

ive been calling on sithis for assistance but well... Im nothing but a loyal servant to him

and worshipping him is all i ask for..

Any way just wish me luck will ya? :dry:

Anyone want to see a gtx780 ti gigabyte windforce edition benchmark Metro 2033.

Impressive test results with 32x antialasing

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2qvcgtz.jpg

Edited by Thor.

Wow, I really got tired suddenly. It's so dark and quiet here.

I know that probably makes me sound crotchety in the extreme, but I miss the days when this thread meant more than just emoticon spam.

I actually understand, I thought about blocking everyone who posts mellow faces too. This thread used to represent a place where you'd sit back, relax, grab a beer and every second spent here was worth it. You'd joke with the guys and damn near every post made you at least chuckle. It kinda felt like your favorite bar, or the guy's room with a minibar, pinball and a pool table.

Now we have this - Thor benchmarked his 780 Ti, M48A5 posts a mellow face, Thor benchmarked his 780 Ti again, M48A5 posts a mellow face, Thor brags about his 780 Ti temps, billyro posted something that gets pushed into oblivion, Thor can't sleep, M48A5 posts a mellow face, Thor brags about his 780 Ti performance, slayerpaul posted something that gets pushed over into oblivion, new page and everything repeats again.

Or we have worse - Thor posts a mellow face, M41A5 posts a mellow face, AsHdRoN posts a mellow face, Thor posts a mellow face, M48A5 posts a mellow face, Thor posts a mellow face, someone posts something with actual words but no one seems to notice, Thor posts a mellow face, AsHdRoN posts a mellow face, Thor posts a mellow face, rinse and repeat.

It turned from a great place to be in, into a mental help institution. And not in a good way either, it's more of a "everyone is pumped full of sedatives and act like mindless zombies" kind of way.

*sigh* I miss the good old days, I want by favorite bar back. :sad:

Very true post. I remember at the start of last year, this thread was much more lively and I really enjoyed coming here to post stuff. Lately, it's been quite boring with the bloody mellow faces and 80% of the time I check this thread, I just end up not posting anything.

Perhaps we could make a new thread called "The Lounge Bar" or something which is only for proper stuff, and the mellow faces and random one liners can stay in this thread. I don't really care about "winning" anyway - hanging out and talking about stuff is what I'd rather.

HOLY CRAP! This game looks absolutely amazing! I was kind of expecting it to be bad, but this is definitely something I want now!

Far out, there are going to be so many good games coming out soon. I won't have enough money for them all! XD

It looks and feels like a mod for Assassin's Creed.

The "wraith world" thing looks like eagle vision from AC, gaining recruits is the same just with a twist to it, combat, assassinating, sneaking all look like AC. Even the story seems the same, building an army to destroy your nemesis, that's what Brotherhood is all about.

It does look nice for a re-skin though, I'll give them that. I feel like it will become boring in a few hours though, after 7 years of AC this won't really feel fresh.

I think it looks a lot more fluid than Assassin's Creed gameplay, and it's set in Middle Earth which I prefer over AC's lore. There hasn't really been much information regarding the storyline yet, but from what I can glean it will be a little bit similar. The game will apparently have good replayability due to the enemy system they're hyping so much, but we'll have to wait and see.

Also you can cut heads off. :D

*Sigh*, I'd uninstall Skyrim if my sister didn't play it. I just cannot enjoy it - there is too much that is wrong with it, too much that needs fixing, too many mods that I need to install, too many tweaks to make it load faster... just too much work.

Edited by billyro

*Sigh*, I'd uninstall Skyrim if my sister didn't play it. I just cannot enjoy it - there is too much that is wrong with it, too much that needs fixing, too many mods that I need to install, too many tweaks to make it load faster... just too much work.

I'd uninstall Skyrim if I was finished with Dragonborn. Ugh... I want to beat the main quest of the base game before the DLC, but it's so boring and long. I'm at Blackreach now. I don't remember how much more there is. I don't even know if it will make a difference if I beat the main quest.

Divinity: Original Sin seems like it might be fun.

Also, car mechanic simulator. Simulators are silly. I understand that maybe someone might like working on cars, but how could it make a fun game?

Also, car mechanic simulator. Simulators are silly. I understand that maybe someone might like working on cars, but how could it make a fun game?

I love cars, they're a hobby and a passion of mine, but I draw the line at Car Mechanic Simulator. It focuses on the most boring, tedious chores involved with owning a high-performance(and thus high-maintenance) car, while stripping away the tactile sensation and thrill which attracts people to sports cars in the first place. It's like making an FPS game where you spend the entire game cleaning guns, and never once get to fire one.

Owning a sports car is about tactile sensation, challenge and thrill. It isn't about tighening screws or cleaning windscreens, it's about the thrill of driving in it's purest form, it's about being challenged, and it's about racing: this game misses the point entirely, strips the joy and the thrill and the challenge out, and replaces it with mindless menial chores.

Not all car sims are like that, though. http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

Assetto Corsa is an example of the formula done right. The game itself is an open-ended sandbox: the player chooses from a wide selection of real-world hyper-performance road and racing cars, and then drives and races them however they like, wherever they like without consequences or constraints. The game presents itself like a video game, and doesn't force any progression or chores on the player; it's just about racing and having fun at your pace, and that's why it works: it's a game about doing what car fanatics love doing: racing, exploring they and their car's abilities, and challenging themselves to be that 1% faster.

The only actual simulation aspect to Assetto Corsa is the physics engine: the cars are all computer generated using scans and physics data from the real thing, which makes them incredibly realistic. You don't have to tighten wheelnuts or clean windshields, but when you're shrieking through Curva Grande at 188 MPH in a $1.2 million dollar Pagani Zonda R, it's about as realistic as you can get without actually being there. In short, it's fun: it's about racing and fooling around in really expensive cars, without any of the boring crap and chores that make Mechanic Sim suicide-inducingly boring.

http://youtu.be/cYP1MlDGfUE?t=50s

MFW car mechanic simulator

Edited by Vindekarr

I enjoy cars, and racing games, just not working on cars. After spending so much time with my dad working on his two or so cars, I think a lot of people thought I enjoyed it, but I didn't. Not enough that I would want to play a game based solely on it.

Speaking of car games, there was one I used to play a lot that my dad owned. Hot Rod American Street Drag. I specifically remember a car with a lizard in it. Or something weird.

Edited by K00L