The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Trojan

std

:laugh:

I couldn't help it.

Anyway... I finally played through Dragonborn... I'm not sure how I feel about it. I liked it more than the rest of Skyrim, but it still was... just okay. I guess I shouldn't expect much from Bethesda.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought about that specific part of the code... :P

I thought Dragonborn was alright too, but it felt like the ending wasn't much of an ending... As if more could have been done with it... It's been awhile since I last played it, so I can't remember it too well.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought about that specific part of the code... :tongue:

I thought Dragonborn was alright too, but it felt like the ending wasn't much of an ending... As if more could have been done with it... It's been awhile since I last played it, so I can't remember it too well.

You presented the perfect opportunity by also having Trojan in the sentence above. :D

That's one of the biggest reasons for me too. And there isn't much choice in that whole quest, something that really could have been done but wasn't taken advantage of.

Which I thought was odd because following the whole quest and all the books is like an evil thing, though I just jumped off the edge after beating Miraak so I could avoid becoming Herma(eus) Mora's bitc... I mean champion. I also don't like how those damn books are stuck in your inventory afterwards. Must... have... clutter-free inventory!!!

I love the atmosphere/landscape it has, but... I guess I'm kind of disappointed with most of it. I do like the Nordic Carved armor, except for that clipping it has. With everything except bows. I guess this stuff is to be expected of Bethesda. I do like the lore and stuff they have, but they can really mess stuff up (and then come up with stupid reasons why it's that way. Cyrodiil... Fantasy terraforming lol) or just make things very bland (by leaving things out, etc and generally being Bethesda) in the games.

Edited by K00L

Bethesda's high point (IMO) was Morrowind. Even though it has its problems, is severely outdated and has aged terribly, it is probably the best game they've made (again, IMO). It had a very unique setting, interesting characters, a heap of content, mod support, excellent expansions, and a quest line that isn't super boring (I'll admit, it is a bit drab and requires a lot of running around the place, but it's better than Skyrim's).

Oh well, Bethesda will hopefully get back on the right track soon. Maybe Fallout 4...?

Also, watch this. It is hilarious.

Good night everyone, zzzzz....

I built a self sustaining strip mine, complete with semi automated wheat farm, underground, in minecraft.

Some of the things you can build is wacky, like the egg shooting dispenser :teehee:

Edited by Thor.

My sister is going absolutely insane. The had the biggest freak out today: she was crying and screaming and threatening everyone (Dad in particular), calling up Mum and saying that she wants to get out of here and how she's being tortured, lying that Dad punched her in the face and threw her into the fan... all because we wanted to watch a TV show that comes on once a week, and her favourite show (that comes on about 4 times a day) happened to be on at the same time.

This is completely ridiculous behaviour from an 11 year old. I honestly have no clue what the hell is wrong with her.

It saddens me though. I know she's had a rough time this last year like the rest of us, but she's making too much of a drama out of everything. It's really starting to irk me and I just want her to get over it. :dry:

EDIT: I just don't get it. She's still going, and it's been over an hour. :wallbash:

EDIT 2: It has finally stopped, so on a happier note, here's a screenshot of Oblivion with an ENB. I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

http://puu.sh/6DyD9.jpg

Runs about 40-50 frames, which is more than I expected. Still doesn't run as nice as Fallout NV though (somehow that game just works perfectly with an ENB). If I could have got the injector version to work, I reckon it would run a bit better, but I can't so yeah. Might have to go down to the "medium" graphics preset to improve the performance though.

Edited by billyro

@billyro Have you tried punching her in the face? That always works with siblings, I tested it personally. :devil:

Then again, if it's the same sister of yours that got hit in the face with a basketball and just shrugged it off, she may as well beat the crap out of you. That's something I'd like to see, may even bring popcorn. :laugh:

Edited by Werne

Sadly it is. :tongue:

I've given her a few bruises when she has annoyed me personally, but when she's being a cow to everyone, I don't think I'd get away with it. And she does fight (viciously) and generally goes for the head or the crotch, so I try to keep her at arms length. She's kicked me in the balls a few times and it isn't very nice. :ermm:

I've given her a few bruises when she has annoyed me personally, but when she's being a cow to everyone, I don't think I'd get away with it. And she does fight (viciously) and generally goes for the head or the crotch, so I try to keep her at arms length. She's kicked me in the balls a few times and it isn't very nice. :ermm:

So... you got beaten by a girl, an 11 year old girl at that... :laugh: And if she is getting on everyone's nerves, giving her a few smacks could result in cheers of joy. :wink:

Just for future reference (since you obviously need help, beaten by an 11 year old girl... :laugh:), you win fights by giving your opponent no chance to counterattack. You don't have to hit as hard as you can, what's important is to hit as fast as you can until you see a window of opportunity. And when that window appears, you hit as hard as you can but don't aim for the head, aim for the guts, right below the ribcage. Whoever you hit will have trouble breathing (you hit the diafragm) and will feel nauseated (you also nailed the stomach), which allows you to beat the crap out of that someone before they recuperate.

Another spot that works well is the neck, properly measured impact in the front of the neck can make a person feel like suffocating and sometimes even dizzy, even though they have enough air to breathe, effectively making them a big boxing bag. Not recommended for beginners though, you can kill the person if you use too much force. Hitting someone in the head is the least effective, someone without experience can break the bones in his own hand (which can lead to reduced motor skills and permanent damage) and it only becomes effective after multiple hard hits that wear you out, missing the target means you're the one who'll be beaten up cause you'll be tired in no time.

What can I say, fighting is more art than pure violence, and I've got plenty of experience which is why I am an artist. :devil:

Your sister does not fall in the artist category though, those who go for the crotch are mere peasants. :armscrossed:

I think Starbound's community is getting soft in it's old age. When the game launched it was infamous for it's trolls, now the forum's just full of wannabes flopping around like jellyfish on a beach. I've already managed to convince two trolls today to delete their threads and go somewhere else with a single sentence response-I'm slightly disappointed; the wild west isn't wild anymore.