The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Yeah, they're like that. The green guy is an Ork; a creature from a serious of books I'm reading.

The Orks are actually pretty creative as fantasy aliens go. They were bred for war, and have all aspects of warfare ingrained as instincts; they also have an innate desire to fight, which manifests like human sex drive. It's a powerful instinct and biological response, rather than the generic, inexplicable "hatred for all things" you see in other sci-fis. They're asexual fungus-based organisms and reproduce by dying; a dead Ork rots away after a few hours, it's carcass forming a host for fungal Ork spores. Within about two days you've got six adult Orks from one dead one.

The writers stick to that, too; the Orks aren't smart or organised enough to threaten the Empire on their own but when they appear their exponential reproduction makes them nearly unbeatable-they actually win most of the time they're featured as antagonists.

I'm quite proud of the way War Hammer is evolving. It's really grown over the last 15 years, and the most recent books have been excellent. Not Game Of Thrones or Dragon Tattoo good, but still well above average for pulp Sci-fi. The universe is really, really good if very unusual; it's a mishmash of Cyberpunk and Steampunk, with some Classic Fantasy thrown in.

Edited by Vindekarr

I would be bringing the flame throwers just in case they try dying and reproducing lol. Burn the dead bodies to cinders.

Edited by Thor.

Yeah, they're like that. The green guy is an Ork; a creature from a serious of books I'm reading.

The Orks are actually pretty creative as fantasy aliens go. They were bred for war, and have all aspects of warfare ingrained as instincts; they also have an innate desire to fight, which manifests like human sex drive. It's a powerful instinct and biological response, rather than the generic, inexplicable "hatred for all things" you see in other sci-fis. They're asexual fungus-based organisms and reproduce by dying; a dead Ork rots away after a few hours, it's carcass forming a host for fungal Ork spores. Within about two days you've got six adult Orks from one dead one.

Holy cow, those are a lot different than orcs I played with in Warcraft III, though WC3 orcs are badass as well.

As a side note guys, does anyone know why New Vegas starts stuttering like hell when capped to 45FPS? Skyrim runs smooth at that framerate but NV runs worse at 45FPS on my 7770 than it did at 25FPS on ye olde 4350. :blink:

EDIT: Solved the NV stutter crap issue, all it needs is setting the iFPSClamp=0 setting to the stable framerate in Fallout.ini, FalloutPrefs.ini and Fallout_default.ini, for me that's iFPSClamp=45. Same works for Skyrim but it was a long time since I did that setting.

Edited by Werne

What's the frame-rate when it's uncapped? Do you have an ENB mod enabled? I think the FPS capper with ENB doesn't work properly. Also, have you tried New Vegas Stutter Remover? It's a good mod for smoothing out the gameplay.

Other than those, I'm not really sure.

Also, can you guys who play Oblivion here try out my mod? It's that Morrowind sword (Fury) I was showing a while back (image), and I just want some final opinions and critique before I start making a quest and uploading it. I've just put it in the weapons warehouse (accessed from "coc testinghall").

Dropbox Download Link (remember, it's for Oblivion, not Skyrim or Morrowind.)

EDIT: You'll also need the icon: Icon. I forgot to add it in. Just drop it in the textures folder and it'll be fine.

It's only about 3.8MB and I'd really like some feedback before I release it. Thanks! :smile:

Edited by billyro

What's the frame-rate when it's uncapped?

61FPS minimum, 84FPS maximum, 69( :teehee:)FPS average.

Do you have an ENB mod enabled? I think the FPS capper with ENB doesn't work properly.

Nope, I get all the ENB stuff like colors, etc through AMD Catalyst and monitor's display adjustments, which in turn means no FPS loss. :D

Also, have you tried New Vegas Stutter Remover? It's a good mod for smoothing out the gameplay.

Already using it, does a good job.

The problem was that the frame transitions weren't smooth, they were sharp instead, like I was playing at 15FPS on old Intel G31/33 graphics chipset. Setting iFPSClamp to 45 made the game run butter smooth at 45FPS, which is awesome. :happy:

By the way, I'll try that sword of yours once I find my Oblivion disc, I can't for the life of me remember where I put the damn thing. :wallbash:

Whoa, nice. No wonder you wanted a cap. :laugh:

Do you have an ENB mod enabled? I think the FPS capper with ENB doesn't work properly.

Nope, I get all the ENB stuff like colors, etc through AMD Catalyst and monitor's display adjustments, which in turn means no FPS loss. :D

Oh ok, that's a good idea. For me, ENB mods tend to work a lot better with New Vegas than in Skyrim, so I rarely go under 50 frames and I get juicies like god rays (jealous?) :tongue:. No ambient occlusion or detailed shadows though, they're bloody intensive and have graphical glitches. :dry:

My computer isn't very powerful unlike some Norse gods around here... :sweat:

Also, have you tried New Vegas Stutter Remover? It's a good mod for smoothing out the gameplay.

Already using it, does a good job.

The problem was that the frame transitions weren't smooth, they were sharp instead, like I was playing at 15FPS on old Intel G31/33 graphics chipset. Setting iFPSClamp to 45 made the game run butter smooth at 45FPS, which is awesome. :happy:

Ah right, so you fixed it? Awesome. :thumbsup:

By the way, I'll try that sword of yours once I find my Oblivion disc, I can't for the life of me remember where I put the damn thing. :wallbash:

Cheers!

Edited by billyro

Whoa, nice. No wonder you wanted a cap. :laugh:

It's an advantage of having an older 1440x900 monitor, means the card pumps 1,296,000 pixels instead of 2,073,600, which in turn means it performs ~50-70% faster. :D

My computer isn't very powerful unlike some Norse gods around here... :sweat:

Yeah, but unlike Thor I'm perfectly fine with 45FPS without all the fancy crap, I never cared much for the fancy stuff either.

Though I am thinking about getting my hands on a factory overclocked GTX 660 Ti, I know a guy who's upgrading and is willing to sell it cheap, it comes under the price of a Radeon 7790. That thing should be more future-proof than R7770. :happy:

Cheers!

Yeah, looking for the disc will have to wait a few hours, gotta go drive some stuff to some god forsaken place in the middle of nowhere. Damn relatives and their damn stuff. :dry:

What's the frame-rate when it's uncapped? Do you have an ENB mod enabled? I think the FPS capper with ENB doesn't work properly. Also, have you tried New Vegas Stutter Remover? It's a good mod for smoothing out the gameplay.

Other than those, I'm not really sure.

Also, can you guys who play Oblivion here try out my mod? It's that Morrowind sword (Fury) I was showing a while back (image), and I just want some final opinions and critique before I start making a quest and uploading it. I've just put it in the weapons warehouse (accessed from "coc testinghall").

Dropbox Download Link (remember, it's for Oblivion, not Skyrim or Morrowind.)

EDIT: You'll also need the icon: Icon. I forgot to add it in. Just drop it in the textures folder and it'll be fine.

It's only about 3.8MB and I'd really like some feedback before I release it. Thanks! :smile:

Nice looking sword. Not overly long for a two handed sword and looks balanced for length on my character (a nord). The pommel and hilt/grip look good and are detailed, but not overly so. The decoration on the guard/quillon shows up nicely without being excessive in contrast to the rest of the sword, so they look quite good. The blade looked a bit flat to me, but not having a fuller makes it hard to judge. I like the coloring of the sword and blade as it isn't too bright and is a bit dull which I prefer to see on a sword.

The sword sits properly on the back of my character and didn't interfere with the quiver of arrows, which is very nice to see.

The havoc seems to be good as well as placing it on a table by other items, it sat flat and I was able to place it quite close to other items on the table. I placed it in a sword vertical display rack and it sat properly - didn't fall through the rack or have parts into the rack and went fully into the rack and didn't move out to the front of the rack.

I'd say you have a winner technically and visually. Let me know when you have the mod done and uploaded.