The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Yeah I know, the email I got was messed up was the problem. I got it Friday morning and thought it meant today the beta starts at noon (since it's now 1:00 AM on the 8th). But the email was meant for Thursday. Just had me totally confused.

Edited by K00L

Yeah I know, the email I got was messed up was the problem. I got it Friday morning and thought it meant today the beta starts (since it's now 1:00 AM on the 8th). But the email was meant for Thursday. Just had me totally confused.

ย 

Yeah, I didn't think it was starting until about 10 hours from now, but I clicked the play button just to see and it worked. I think the actual stress test takes place then, but the beta is running just before to sort out the kinks or something (and there is a lot of kinks).

I probably should have actually read my emails and more stuff about the beta BEFORE Thursday night.
It doesn't really matter anyway now, since when I left it to download last night my computer shut off and the download didn't save it's progress. And in 43 hours there really wouldn't be a beta to play in. :tongue:

Eh I'll live, I tried it once and while it was fun and I kind of wanted to play it again I'm not sure I'd actually want to spend all that money on it. Who knows though, maybe once it releases I'll change my mind. :tongue:

it would take me 15hours to download a 20gb game, capped out at 700kbs unlimited, the slowness of my connection right now. So can't wait until i move, the glory of a 6mbit connection for a change, and unlimited.

Edited by Thor.

I am so jealous of your internet speeds. :ohmy:

15 hours... It would've taken me over 43.

Either I'm stupid, you made a mistake, or whoever advertises that lies.

Edit: Someone correct me if I'm wrong but...
Isn't mbit a megabit, which is an eighth of a megabyte? And with 1024MB in a GB, and 20GB to download it'd take longer than 3 minutes even if you got the full speed of your connection (like eight hours or something? Which is admittedly still nice).

Also, it's 2:00 AM so I'm going to go sleep now.

Edited by K00L