The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Boooorrreeedddd!!!

Do a backflip off the roof and see if you can land it. :smile:

Lol actually, that reminds me of something that happened a few weeks ago. I was at my uncle's place with my brother, and we were in the public pool. There, I did a backflip into the water and nearly kicked the side and hit my head. Also, we set up some chairs near the edge and we would rock back and forth until we fell backwards into the pool.

The moral of the story is: we are idiots.

EDIT: Argh, screw this stupid claymore! Why the hell are the normals inverted? I did not do that! Also, why can't I fix it when I flip the normals? Doing that should make it work, but for some reason it does absolutely nothing!

EDIT 2: OMITTED.

EDIT 3: OMITTED ALSO.

EDIT 4: I forgot to re-convert the mesh to and editable mesh in 3ds Max, so that's why the UV maps were stuffed up. Oh well, at least it is fixed now.

EDIT 5: Not fixed. Not fixed at all. :wallbash:

I honestly cannot find the problem. I have tried EVERYTHING to fix it, but I just can't make it work. Aside from remaking the whole effing thing from scratch, I don't think it will ever work.

The problem is with the metal bits on the hilt: they are frigged because the reflection from light sources appears to be from the wrong direction (a face normal problem), the cylinder below the crossguard has a glaring seam despite there being NONE in 3ds Max, and for some reason the material is shiny despite the use of apply_modulate instead of apply_highlight.

http://puu.sh/6T2Er.jpg ← Facing away from the light source...

http://puu.sh/6T2Fk.jpg ← Facing towards the light source...

As you can see, it should be the opposite way around to what it is now. Can I make it so? Hell no!

The blade and the leather grip work fine: no problems with them at all. Obviously I have done something differently with the crossguard and now it refuses to work.

The only thing left to do is to extend my middle finger at it!

Oh my god... I am the biggest dunce in the world. That whole time, that whole debacle, was due to a single normal map which didn't save properly. These past 2 hours of trying to locate the problem now seem ridiculous, since the only thing I did wrong was accidentally save a normal map with DXT1 instead of DXT5.

I am so relieved but I feel so ashamed at the same time... :tongue:

Here's Temreki in-game.

http://puu.sh/6T4FZ.jpg

Edited by billyro

I feel like I forgot something... Or something like that... Weird.

Yourself perhaps? Happens to me all the time.

Sometimes I'm already halfway somewhere when I notice I forgot to bring myself along. Really annoying since then I have to go all the way back to for myself again.

Yourself perhaps? Happens to me all the time.

Sometimes I'm already halfway somewhere when I notice I forgot to bring myself along. Really annoying since then I have to go all the way back to for myself again.

Must be. I don't know what I thought I was forgetting. :laugh: