The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Cool! Have you uploaded any mods with custom models and textures? I'd go and check but navigating to someone's profile on the actual Nexus game sites is infuriating.

Mostly my old models from Sketchup, some like this one for FO3 are newer from Blender:

http://static-4.nexusmods.com/15/mods/120/images/17182-1-1325151354.jpg

I also have some that are unreleased cause my old hard drive died (electronics went to s**t), like these:

BladePresent2.jpg

Elven Royal Sword I was making for Oblivion, this particular pic has some shading problems but they were fixed later on when I split the blade. The model is lost for good, I'm thinking of remaking it though, I really liked this blade. Texture was hand-made in Photoshop from scratch, my proudest texturing work so far.

Cleaver2Resized.png

This one was my best model, and the last one I made. Made it for FO3 and it looked freakin' amazing once I applied the normal map to it. It used stock photos for texture with slight modifications.

KhopeshFinished.PNG

Khopesh, texture was hand-made but the normal sucks in this pic, it was updated later on. Also one of my proudest texturing works even though it was missing a specular map - just look at the detail on the hilt:

KhopeshStiches.PNG

And that's just a bent cylinder mesh with a texture and normal map, a low-poly model. I'm so proud of this one it makes me tear up knowing it's lost for good. http://forum.bjbikers.com/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon_cry.gif

There was also this war glaive that was based directly off that khopesh:

WarGlaivePresentationFinished.jpg

Unlike the rest, this one actually survived for a while, someone used this model somewhere in a Skyrim mod I believe. Not sure if that mod is still up, or which mod it is for that matter, I don't even remember who made it (I think Ironman but not sure).

And finally:

Banhammer.PNG

It was half-made when I took this pic, splitting and specular weren't made yet.

Any with Linux 3.11.2 and up, that means recent distros or cutting-edge ones.

These are the ones I know of - Ubuntu 14.04 (Linux 3.13), Arch (Linux 3.13), Gentoo (likely Linux 3.13, maybe even mainline 3.14), Fedora 19/20 (Linux 3.13/3.14 respectively), Debian Jessie/Sid (Linux 3.12), and openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.6). There are likely more but I don't know.

I just loaded Ubuntu 13.10 and for some reason my mouse is working on that one. It wasnt working on earlier builds, so idk what happened there.

Now my only problem is that my keyboard isn't working in BIOS, if I could fix that then I could get rid of the additional mouse/keyboard I have next to me all the time.

Now my only problem is that my keyboard isn't working in BIOS

Which motherboard? Is it UEFI or the good old blue BIOS? And is it a USB or PS/2 port keyboard?

ASUS M4A87TD-V EVO, it's good old BIOS and the keyboard is a USB one (Microsoft Sidewinder x4). Maybe I need to enable USB support in BIOS or something, I have never bothered to check really. PS/2 ones work, I have one plugged in right now as well as the USB one since I'm doing BIOS stuffs.

(Sidenote: My keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine on 13.10 and I didn't do anything. I guess the sharkoon support kernel is in this version too?)

I've just found out about UEFI a few hours ago as well, I have never heard about it before for some reason, is it new?

Edited by Iv000

ASUS M4A87TD-V EVO

AMD Phenom 1090T and no VRM heatsink? Wasn't expecting that.

Anyway, that mobo does have problems accessing BIOS with some USB keyboards, regardless of options set. You can get a USB-to-PS/2 adapter for about the price of a Macchiato in your local coffee shop, that should do the job right.

Sidenote: My keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine on 13.10 and I didn't do anything. I guess the sharkoon support kernel is in this version too?

Doubt it, 13.10 uses Linux 3.10, drivers weren't backported from 3.11 if I recall correctly. It's more likely that guys compiled the kernel with #define HIM_MAX_USAGES 64000 to increase compatibility with different peripherals. Either way it's good for you. :thumbsup:

I've just found out about UEFI a few hours ago as well, I have never heard about it before for some reason, is it new?

It's been around since Vista, all modern motherboards use UEFI instead of BIOS. My board has UEFI and supports the new GPT partitioning table along with the old MBR table. The only thing new is that it has an actual GUI interface, you can use a mouse, and the new GPT table supports partitions over 2TB in size.

I personally hate it, I prefer the old BIOS. The only reason to use BIOS is if you're overclocking, building a computer yourself, or work in a store that builds machines, and you should know how to use the damn BIOS in all three cases. 2TB partitions are nice though.

Edited by Werne

:thumbsup: ,. Try to brake a record, how about 100 unique weapons.

... 100? That will take about a year. I am not that patient, you know. :tongue:

@Werne's creations:

Wow, nice. Into the exotic weapons, eh? :P

That first unreleased one looks great.

Edited by billyro

Hmm hey werne should you be putting them on your ignore list, they seem to be talking pc.

Except Billyro of course :thumbsup:

Edited by Thor.

Is my avatar broken? :ermm:

Nevermind, fixed it.... That was odd.

Edited by K00L