The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I like little bears, they're so fluffy and cute and they eat dumb people when they grow up. :happy:

And I finished the diffuse map, may adjust it if needed but it looks pretty damn good to me:

SagarisDiffuseDone.png

Mesh has 748 polygons after I smoothed everything out, it really doesn't need more than that. :smile:

EDIT: Completed the normal and specular, the most prominent change being the specular since my render scene is a bit crappy.

SagarisCompleted.png

All in all, I'd say I'm done with this thing. :D

EDIT: Come on guys, I've been winning for a long time now, someone else should have the win. :smile: Also, I'm starting to miss M48A5 and his random mellow face posts. :ermm:

Edited by Werne

SagarisCompleted.png

Sick! That turned out really good. And what do you mean that you're not very good at texturing? That looks wicked to me. :happy:

EDIT: Lol, I just got two more ESO Beta invites today, so I have three now. The first one I obtained using that curse website, the second one I obtained via an email from Zenimax, and the third came with the second and is intended for a friend. :tongue:

I've given one to my brother and I'll probably install the other on my Mum's computer for my sister to play. :smile:

EDIT 2: I've uploaded a screenshot containing all the swords. If you guys want to make some suggestions, you can do that on its page. :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/Images/145271/?

Edited by billyro

So are you going to make some Shields and one handed axes by any chance :teehee: Hey and that sword good be ported to Billyro's collection if Werne allows it. Call it the Werne Impaler.

Edited by Thor.

Hey to everyone who has trouble streaming youtube, and downloading stuff at the same time at 1080P, Cat 7 Ethernet is the way to go, it makes multi tasking a possibility.

You can with cat7 ethernet watch 1080P and download stuf. Even with the fastest connection you would get packet loss with a cat5 ethernet cable, because of the max data rate of 300mhz. Cat 7 doubles that and then some.

http://www.amazon.ca/Fosmon-600Mhz-Shielded-Snagless-Network/dp/B00FBTZ7NA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1393390728&sr=8-8&keywords=cat7+ethernet

Edited by Thor.

I have have a crap connection to, but this saved so much bandwidth. Instead of it being lost forever,

Instead of it being like this ------- ---- ------- -- ---- -------- its like this -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Thor.

SagarisCompleted.png

Sick! That turned out really good. And what do you mean that you're not very good at texturing? That looks wicked to me. :happy:

The texture on that axe is a pile of stock photos that are aligned and modified to serve my purposes, while the normal and specular were tweaked to perfection to compensate for the lack of a baked normal.

All this is without baking the normals down from a high-poly model and without making high-res textures then scaling down, that's just a texture-based normal map that was made from a 2048x2048 diffuse map. I can't sculpt high-poly meshes on my PC or work with huge images cause I'd need to cough up a bunch of money on hardware and software so I compensate by making a decent specular and tweaking texture-based normals instead.

My own textures, those would look like someone took a crap on the mesh and smeared it all over, hence the "I cant texture worth s***" statement. I'd get the wood right, I've done it countless times before, same goes for leather too, but I'm yet to get the metal to look decent and the string below the axe head would have to be scrapped entirely since I can't make it. All in all, the end product with textures made from scratch wouldn't even look close to this.

And I think I'll be releasing this for Oblivion, I still can't figure out how to export the mesh for Skyrim from Blender.

Edited by Werne