The last poster wins

TheCalliton

ya the problem with software costing that much, is the fact its a artificial price. Blender is a good example of something free yet powerful. In a sense its a giant rip off.

ya the problem with software costing that much, is the fact its a artificial price. Blender is a good example of something free yet powerful. In a sense its a giant rip off.

In a way, but then again it's actually worth it to some. 3DS Max is designed for professional work and it excels there, you won't see Blender being used by a professional game studio, they all use 3DS Max, Maya and the like.

Comparing Blender to 3DS Max is like comparing an FX 8350 to an Opteron, they are both nearly the same thing (FX-series are basically overclocked Delhi Opterons) but Opteron is for professional work while FX is not, there's a reason why Opterons cost a lot of money. Blender is powerful and it can make models just as good as 3DS Max, but Blender lacks some things like OpenCL which speed up workloads by 2-3 times (it's experimental in Blender 2.6x) and it lacks professional support.

This internet is so SLOW! Why does it take 20 seconds to load up Google? GOOGLE of all things?!!

EDIT: Literally took 5 minutes to post this.

And I thought my internet is slow. :blink:

Edited by Werne

I know there is one for 3dstudio max

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5622/?

I know but 3DS Max costs €4,000, I'm not willing to give that much money just so I can export a few models to Skyrim. :ermm:

Just get the student version. It's free and you can do what you wish as long as you don't use it for commercial purposes. The trial lasts for a few years too, and I believe you can also renew it. I've got the student version of 3ds Max 2012 - it's got every single feature and functions exactly the same a licensed version. :)

You can download it from Autodesk's website.

This internet is so SLOW! Why does it take 20 seconds to load up Google? GOOGLE of all things?!!

EDIT: Literally took 5 minutes to post this.

And I thought my internet is slow. :blink:

It has only been doing it today... :pinch:

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Hey Oxides game demo Star Swarm is out, that mantle demo that was show cased on a youtube video.

Its under software section on steam.

Edited by Thor.

Just get the student version. It's free and you can do what you wish as long as you don't use it for commercial purposes. The trial lasts for a few years too, and I believe you can also renew it. I've got the student version of 3ds Max 2012 - it's got every single feature and functions exactly the same a licensed version. :smile:

You can download it from Autodesk's website.

Hmm, good point, will try. :thumbsup:

@Thor Star Swarm has been out for a while now, but it's Mantle segment doesn't work with Nvidia hardware, only DX11 (which means my 7770 runs circles around your GTX 780 Ti in Star Swarm despite being a lot weaker :tongue:).

EDIT: I gotta learn three years worth of high school math (technician course math) in about 3 hours. Began 30 minutes ago, right now I understand 70% of given tasks, enough for a decent grade so I shall stop now and enjoy life instead. :smile:

Edited by Werne

EDIT: Lol, I just got two more ESO Beta invites today, so I have three now. The first one I obtained using that curse website, the second one I obtained via an email from Zenimax, and the third came with the second and is intended for a friend. :tongue:

I've given one to my brother and I'll probably install the other on my Mum's computer for my sister to play. :smile:

This time I should start the download early. :laugh:

And your swords look great by the way.

I got me a new phone, I did...

The back of my old was falling off so... yeah. And it wouldn't charge. A dead phone is kind of useless. :tongue:

EDIT: I gotta learn three years worth of high school math (technician course math) in about 3 hours. Began 30 minutes ago, right now I understand 70% of given tasks, enough for a decent grade so I shall stop now and enjoy life instead. :smile:

What.

Teach me master, please