The last poster wins

TheCalliton

dgsgf hands are sore from moving stuff, i can see the finish line soon. Its hard because i work then i come to the realities of moving.

Grr, so I've just spent about two hours putting all my weapons around the place, and as soon as I approach it in-game, CTD. Why the heck did that happen? All I did was put in a new NPC and gave him one of my weapons! That SHOULDN'T crash!

Maybe I'll start a new game and see if that makes it work...

Make sure the npc is not pathing in a quest or a blocked path, or being attacked by bear or something. :blink:

Edited by Thor.

Grr, so I've just spent about two hours putting all my weapons around the place, and as soon as I approach it in-game, CTD. Why the heck did that happen? All I did was put in a new NPC and gave him one of my weapons! That SHOULDN'T crash!

You sure you didn't mess up an AI package? And if you cloned an existing NPC to base yours on, are you sure there's no residual crap like scripts being left behind?

As a sidenote, I'm thinking of trying a passive approach to cooling my CPU. Scythe Mugen 4 is a huge heatsink that keeps my FX 8320 at 36oC on stock voltage and I'm thinking of removing the fans and just putting 2x800RPM fans for case intake/exhaust. It would make my CPU cooling dead silent, and if I were to fiddle with the GPU fan I'd get even more of a quiet factor (me thinks a 92mm AC F9 TC should be nice for my card). :smile:

Edited by Werne

Make sure the npc is not pathing in a quest or a blocked path, or being attacked by bear or something. :blink:

I made sure that I put my NPCs in safe places, so they shouldn't be conflicting with anything. :smile: And yeah, one time my NPC got attacked by a bear, but the bear was no match. :D

You sure you didn't mess up an AI package? And if you cloned an existing NPC to base yours on, are you sure there's no residual crap like scripts being left behind?

Nah, I didn't touch the AI packages. I duplicated a bandit ringleader, which didn't have any scripts attached to him. Anyway, starting a new game fixed the problem. I suppose my other save just went a bit weird because I kept updating the .esp and saving, over and over. Oh well, it's working fine now.

Also, I cleaned the .esp with TES4Edit so any dirty edits I could have done should be gone. :happy:

Just a few more alterations, creations of the optional files, packaging, and description writing, then I'm ready for uploading!

I'll probably upload a test file for you guys to try out first, though. :smile:

EDIT: Muahahaha, it is so fun running along the beautiful countryside, destroying all the NPCs I made and looting the new weapons. I got some wicked screenshots while I was doing it and it will be a great little side quest. :D

Edited by billyro

Hey you know whats missing a really, really insane boss that can't be beat, but can with really, really overpowered weapons. So much you have to cheat your way to victory, skyrim lacks that raid boss type quest.

Edited by Thor.

Oh hell yeah! My latest achievement - AMD FX 8320 Black Edition, passively cooled by a Scythe Mugen 4 heatsink, highest measured CPU temperature is 48oC after 3 hours of Prime95. I am awesome, and my PC is dead-quiet, the only sound I hear now is my GPU fan since my case fans are now two 800RPM Scythe GlideStream fans, and I only hear my GPU fan if I press my head against the case. :dance:

The only downside is that I had to put the CPU on stock 3.5GHz and undervolt to 1.162V to reach that, but who cares - I managed to get an AMD FX eight-core processor to be on stock frequency while cooled by a passive heatsink, something a lot of people consider 100% impossible to achieve due to high power draw and heat buildup (especially with heatsinks designed for active cooling). It's just... beautiful. :smile:

I may need to add some fans to my case soon, and i never go above 43c either with my corsair water cooled heatsink. h80 currently, may upgrade soon to a h100 i

Edited by Thor.