The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Yay! I'm getting sick and my brother used all the cough medicine. So instead I made tea using some cheap tea bags that have been sitting in my cabinet for far too long... At first I thought it helped, but it already seems to have worn off.

I'm blaming the denizens of Walmart since I felt sick shortly before leaving there today.

And on that note about Walmart, I'll post the story I tried to post earlier and then accidentally closed my browser instead. Not much of a story to be honest, just another example of how Walmart is overflowing with etiquette (and failed attempts at whispering).

Spoiler because it somehow became a longer story than I thought, but I felt the details were necessary.

I was in a vitamin aisle with my grandma, who was searching for some specific brand of thing her sister was talking to her about, and three women shove past. I hate to say this because it's rude, though them shoving past without even saying, "Excuse me," wasn't exactly nice, and only slightly necessary to the story, but two of the women were big. Really big. The older one used the scooter cart to get around, and the third woman, who was pretty average, handed off a baby to the big woman not on the scooter and plopped down to take her blood pressure. All three reeked of cigarette smoke, and looked like the kind of people that smell like that, someone you would look at and say, "Meeeeeeeth," after all, it is Missouri. It wasn't the smell of someone who smoked a few cigarettes a day, no. This was the smell of a whole household who sits around and collectively smokes twenty packs in a day between three people.

Back on topic, the younger big one slowly approached the older one and, in what I believe was a failed attempt to be subtle, glances around before near shouting, "YOU CONSTIPATED?" in a voice that was a mix of the effect of years of cigarettes and a light Southern accent.

It took a surprising amount of effort to prevent myself from bursting into laughter in front of them. It wasn't even that the nature of the question was embarrassing. It was the fact that the woman seemed to be trying to act furtively with her quick glances, approach to a close proximity of the other woman, and the failure of a whisper that forced me to turn away so they wouldn't see my smile.

P.S. My grandma never found the stuff her sister told her about. She also had to turn to leave the aisle after hearing that.

Oh no, now you're getting sick too! :confused: Why is the whole world sick at the moment?

Yeah, some people just don't get it. Or maybe their brains get lost in their own skulls.

EDIT: If anyone hasn't seen this yet...

Just so you all know, once this game is released, you probably won't see me for a few weeks.

Edited by billyro

I'll be gone soon, too. ESO, Dark Souls 2, and the official launch version of Assetto Corsa will all soon be demanding my total attention. Plus I'm spending the long-weekend on holiday in Melbourne, which means I won't be around Friday-Monday.

There are just too many awesome games coming out this year. I think all of us will have periods where we simply aren't here... :P

Speaking of new games, I checked out Destiny for the first time today. I never really looked into it, but it seems like it will be a really good game. I added it to my already extensive list of games to get. :D

I pre-ordered Destiny on principle. Bungie is one of my favourite studios of all time, and I've been hoping that they'd make an RPG since I was 12. Bungie's strengths as a studio make it perfectly suited to making a really landmark RPG, and I'm greatly looking forward to seeing what they can achieve.

The main reason I'm looking forward to Destiny, is Bungie's last game, Halo 4. Halo 4 could have been a generic FPS, a bit like Call Of Duty, and still broken sales records. But it wasn't, it tried to be so much more, and that's why it's my favourite FPS ever made. It did nearly everything right, but the single-player Campaign mode was the real star. It was a very unusual story, but told well and paced perfectly. If Bungie puts that much effort into the story of a console FPS, knowing that a lot of people will just jump straight into multiplayer, imagine what a Bungie RPG would be like. That's why I'm excited.

The other thing that Halo 4 had was some exceptional moments. Normally I don't associate quiet moments and complex characters with either faceless protagonists or Console FPS games, but that's how Halo 4 is. It's cutscenes rate among the best I've ever seen, in any genre-every bit on-par with Mass Effect. The ending is especially good. Even the far less serious Multiplayer campaign has some amazing cutscenes.

I would link the Halo 4 ending, but it's really quite long-being the end of a franchise, so you'll have to search that on Youtube for yourself. I can recommend it though, it's the previous-gen of console pushed beyond all it's limits in both quality and graphics. Search term would be "Halo 4 legendary ending" since all Bungie Games have different endings on their highest difficulty-as a special reward.

Edited by Vindekarr

Mehhh not interested in that call of duty clone people are calling it.

http://segmentnext.com/2014/02/15/titanfall-vs-call-of-duty-game-modes-compared-who-trumps-who/

judging by the game modes, seems like another generic mmo to me.

vs

LOL if you like titanfall you might as well get call of duty as well, I'll passs!!...

just for kicks i threw in battlefield 4 vs, pretty much the same idea.

Edited by Thor.

I pre-ordered Destiny on principle. Bungie is one of my favourite studios of all time, and I've been hoping that they'd make an RPG since I was 12. Bungie's strengths as a studio make it perfectly suited to making a really landmark RPG, and I'm greatly looking forward to seeing what they can achieve.

The main reason I'm looking forward to Destiny, is Bungie's last game, Halo 4. Halo 4 could have been a generic FPS, a bit like Call Of Duty, and still broken sales records. But it wasn't, it tried to be so much more, and that's why it's my favourite FPS ever made. It did nearly everything right, but the single-player Campaign mode was the real star. It was a very unusual story, but told well and paced perfectly. If Bungie puts that much effort into the story of a console FPS, knowing that a lot of people will just jump straight into multiplayer, imagine what a Bungie RPG would be like. That's why I'm excited.

The other thing that Halo 4 had was some exceptional moments. Normally I don't associate quiet moments and complex characters with either faceless protagonists or Console FPS games, but that's how Halo 4 is. It's cutscenes rate among the best I've ever seen, in any genre-every bit on-par with Mass Effect. The ending is especially good. Even the far less serious Multiplayer campaign has some amazing cutscenes.

I would link the Halo 4 ending, but it's really quite long-being the end of a franchise, so you'll have to search that on Youtube for yourself. I can recommend it though, it's the previous-gen of console pushed beyond all it's limits in both quality and graphics. Search term would be "Halo 4 legendary ending" since all Bungie Games have different endings on their highest difficulty-as a special reward.

I didn't get Halo 4, but I liked Halo 3 (I think it was by a different company, though?). And yes, Destiny already looks amazing and it's still got a few more months until it's released.

Normally, I'm not very interested in science-fiction. A lot of sci-fi games I have tried out usually got boring because they just didn't appeal to me. Destiny, on the other hand, looks very appealing - it looks more like a fantasy RPG based in a (lush) post-apocalyptic science-fiction world, with other players dropping in and out seamlessly like they were always there. From what I have seen so far, it looks amazingly polished and a heap of thought has obviously gone into it; Bungie's attention to detail is astonishing.

Plus, I like the fact that it's more of an action game with multiplayer, than an MMO. That somehow just emits a sense of freedom.

Mehhh not interested in that call of duty clone people are calling it.

http://segmentnext.com/2014/02/15/titanfall-vs-call-of-duty-game-modes-compared-who-trumps-who/

judging by the game modes, seems like another generic mmo to me.

vs

LOL if you like titanfall you might as well get call of duty as well, I'll passs!!...

We are talking about Destiny, not Titan Fall. I'm not concerned about Titan Fall - I won't be getting it because it does seem quite CoD-ish. Destiny is another game completely, though. You should watch this video if you're in doubt:

Just note though that it's a 40 minute video, as it covers pretty much everything in depth.

Also, I just got into the Hot Files for the first time. :D

... Granted, I only needed 4 endorsements, but that's good enough for me. :happy:

Edited by billyro

I was tired i didn't see Destiny i saw titan fall.

Still not a fan of the mmo, never was... I miss the good old days of single player games.. Fires up the snes.

If its a pay once and play i will consider getting Destiny, but if it has micro transaction you won't see me playing it.

Online gaming in my mind is heading in the wrong direction.

Edited by Thor.

I was tired i didn't see Destiny i saw titan fall.

Still not a fan of the mmo, never was... I miss the good old days of single player games.. Fires up the snes.

If its a pay once and play i will consider getting Destiny, but if it has micro transaction you won't see me playing it.

Online gaming in my mind is heading in the wrong direction.

Destiny plans to be an action game with multiplayer built in, as opposed to a flat-out MMO - that's the appeal, I think.

There will be no subscription fee for the game, and while I'm a bit sketchy on the details, I believe there will be some form of microtransactions, though Bungie said that the game will not be pay-to-win. I assume this means you can buy apparel and weapons instead of upgrades and power-ups.

I generally don't like online games either, but when it's done right, it can be a lot of fun. :)

Assetto Corsa is another game coming soon that I'm really excited about. I joined the project in early November as an Early Access backer, and I've been watching the game grow ever since. It's been a lot of fun, Kunos has made a lot of good decisions, and the project's ahead of schedule and has grown beyond their highest funding targets. Cybergods willing, I'll get my 1.0 copy in about five weeks.

It's been a really interesting experience. Kunos has given the Early Access backers an unprecedented level of control over how the game gets made: they've let us choose what cars and tracks they add, and what features we want. It's the most community-made game I've ever seen: player funding is what pushed the budget off the chart, and players chose the finalised 50 cars. Players fine-tuned the physics engine, and players chose what locations are available.

Edited by Vindekarr