The last poster wins

TheCalliton

@Billyro and Vindekarr, I got Dark Souls 2 on my PS3 since it released for consoles yesterday (also because my laptop would never run it well, and my Xbox controller is falling apart and I imagine the mouse/keyboard controls are annoying). Anyway, the thing I encountered was not a bug. I don't know why it does what it does, but that thing was put there on purpose.

Edit: so it goes from being 60F and even reaching 75F yesterday to snow/sleet and everything being frozen today. Yay weather.

Edited by K00L

@Vindekarr I got a Logitech G25, it's a pretty damn good controller, looks the same as that one you posted. And I had issues with it too, but in Skyrim, couldn't figure out for the life of me why my camera was spinning to the left all the time until I tripped over the cord and the controller got unplugged. :laugh:

Couldn't use it right until I made some modifications though, I can't handle the stick being as high as in that pic (aka, where the manufacturer designed it to be mounted). So I had to install an extension to my chair (just screwed in a piece of wood) to mount it where it's supposed to be - on the right side of my arse. It feels hell of a lot better that way. :thumbsup:

I couldn't get into that game, couldn't see the appeal of dying all the time.

Once you get a good grasp on the game you can easily beat it without leveling up (and using deprived so you are level one, I tried and it's quite simple when you've played before) or only using a shield (dunno how that's done but people do it) or whatever other crazy stuff is done by people. And without dying. Well mostly. :P

Edited by K00L

Also, is that your photo? Just asking because I'm wondering why the gear thing is on the right-hand side if you're an Aussie...

Not my photo. The cluster on the right actually houses your Menu controls and D-Pad, hence it's placement. The wheel actually has two gear-shift systems, the stick and a set of paddles. Because I prefer the paddles, the stick is obsolete, which means it doesn't factor into where I put the menu controller.

Very few modern sports cars have gearsticks, or conventional gearboxes. A manual gearbox as seen in a road car, just can't keep up with the stresses and rapid gearshifts that sports driving requires, which resulted in the development of DSG(paddle-shift) gearboxes.

As for Dark Souls, the dying is just your training. To beat Dark Souls, you have to be a true badass: the constant dying is the game's way of honing you into that badass. It's like a really mean Mr. Miyagi, bashing you over the head for showing weakness. It's cruel, it's harsh, and it's mean, but it'll shape you into a far better gamer.

Edited by Vindekarr

As for Dark Souls, the dying is just your training. To beat Dark Souls, you have to be a true badass: the constant dying is the game's way of honing you into that badass. It's like a really mean Mr. Miyagi, bashing you over the head for showing weakness. It's cruel, it's harsh, and it's mean, but it'll shape you into a far better gamer.

The only thing it shaped me into was a better shouter and kick-boxer. :whistling:

There's a Steam sale going on today, 75% off anything that's been nominated for this year's BAFTA awards. This includes several really brilliant games for under $10, including Bioshock Infinite. Just thought I get the word out.

http://www.wrackgame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/steam_sale.jpg