The last poster wins

TheCalliton

If you're an Origin user be sure to snag Dead Space while it's free.

Edit: My post was horribly short and sounded like an advertisement, I had to jump up and run downstairs because I heard one of my dogs knock something over in the garage. Also, tornado watch, yay spring weather.

Edited by K00L

Maybe I'll give it a try too, see how my processor scores compared to those other ones.

i7-3930K at 4.2? You'll be ahead of that Xeon. When I benched a friend's 3930K at 5.1GHz with quad-channel DDR3-3400 CL15 it went over 2000CB so a 3930K at 4.2 with dual-channel 2133 should be anywhere from 1350-1450. Though it's kinda clocked low, those things can hit insane clocks if you can keep it cool.

And you know, I was actually considering an Ivy Bridge-E (4820K) but then I wouldn't have had money for a motherboard to put it in. I also considered an i7-3770K but then I wouldn't have money for anything except the CPU and motherboard, and a BCLK that blows up hard drives is not something that appeals to me. I went for a 3570K in the end and it blew up, so I chug on a Piledriver.

Now the only joy I have when it comes to PCs is overclocking that Piledriver to beat the Intel mainstream flagships. Luckily, the AM3+ platform actually is an enthusiast platform and it's as tweakable as Intel's 2011, so that's actually a possibility. :D

Edited by Werne

Beware origin is watching you literally with your eyes open, its the worst kind of spyware and they are getting away with it. Especially everything from backing up your emails and everything you do online.

If you do use Origin please use sandboxie, its the only way to stop it.

Also i get around 89.98fps in cinabench in opengl.

Edited by Thor.

Beware origin is watching you literally with your eyes open, its the worst kind of spyware and they are getting away with it. Especially everything from backing up your emails and everything you do online.

If you do use Origin please use sandboxie, its the only way to stop it.

Don't you think you're being a little bit paranoid? Sure, they probably monitor some of the things you do related to Origin games, but I doubt they're actually spying on you.

Also, tornado watch, yay spring weather.

Oh, cool! If you see one, can you take some photos?

Nope its been proven, if you check your logs you would see it for yourself, its been well documented.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Says-Origin-Isn-t-Spyware-Although-It-Does-Scan-Your-Entire-PC-36690.html

I'm paranoid for a reason, if you knew the ins and outs of your pc, you would understand.

When i did install origin, my antivirus was ringing ROOTKIITT!! as loud as i could here it. Especially when Crysis 3 was in beta.

Edited by Thor.

I don't believe that, I've used Origin for a few years now and haven't had any trouble with it. It gets all kinds of bulls*** said about it and I'm almost certain it's just because it's from EA. Never has any antivirus I've had said anything about Origin.

Also, tornado watch, yay spring weather.

Oh, cool! If you see one, can you take some photos?

I hope I won't be seeing one. :laugh: I think the watch (or warning maybe since there were actually tornadoes) is over now anyway.

Edited by K00L

Nope its been proven, if you check your logs you would see it for yourself, its been well documented.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Says-Origin-Isn-t-Spyware-Although-It-Does-Scan-Your-Entire-PC-36690.html

Yes, it scans your computer for games related to EA. "Origin captures limited information that is necessary to allow users to buy, download, and play games and gaming content", says that EA Rep on your link. They do not steal email addresses. They do not steal credit card details. They do not do anything to your computer besides checking up on their games.

I'm paranoid for a reason, if you knew the ins and outs of your pc, you would understand.

:mad:

Ok, sure, I may not know as much about the inner workings of my PC as some of you guys here, but I'm not a computer illiterate buffoon.

Look at it this way: if Origin did do all those terrible things you think it does, don't you think that something would have been done about it by now? Origin would have been shut down within the week if it did infect your computer and spy on you. But, it's still here, and it won't be going anywhere - so that must say something, no?

When i did install origin, my antivirus was ringing ROOTKIITT!! as loud as i could here it. Especially when Crysis 3 was in beta.

Antivirus programs do make mistakes, sometimes. Just because your antivirus thought Crysis 3 had a virus, doesn't necessarily mean that it did have a virus. It was most likely just a false-positive - a common problem with various mods on the Nexus regarding .dll files.

If you're still concerned about it, then just don't play it. It's as simple as that. What's not okay, is trying to convince other people not to use a program based on your insensitivities.

My apologies if I sound a bit prickly. I'm not taking a stab at you, I'm just trying to show you a different perspective.