The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Also i get around 89.98fps in cinabench in opengl.

Whut? DId you swap that GTX 780 for a 500 series or something? My GTX 670 got 137.07 fps in Cinebench. Didn't even overclock the thing.

Hell, even my 7770 gets 89.86FPS in Cinebench OpenGL. Guess Thor's "single fastest video card on the market" ain't that far ahead of my low-end Radeon after all. :laugh:

Nah, don't have it at 4.2 Ghz atm. Currently running at 4.0 Ghz. (ram at 2166 CL9 timings) Don't really have a good cpu cooler at the moment. Gonna ask for one of those "Be Quiet" cpu coolers for my birthday. (probably the Dark Rock Pro 2)

Have you considered Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme? That thing is a monster, huge and expensive but cools even the hottest of CPUs like a boss. Or a custom water loop, been thinking of making one for myself but I ain't got the time or money so it's still just a thought.

For got to mention, when it comes to Cinebench frequency, it's sometimes off. When I benched my CPU at 4.8GHz it said it's still at 3.5GHz while the score was way ahead of that. :laugh:

@Iv000 Budget?

Edited by Werne

Figures, just tried Dead Space but the arrow keys can't be reconfigured. A must if you're a leftie like me.

Fortunately the game is already over 5 years old so people have found workarounds by now, but it does show just how stuck up EA is.

Workaround in case there's others here with the same issue: http://www.kennynet.co.uk/2008/12/22/dead-space-with-arrow-keys/

Have you considered Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme? That thing is a monster, huge and expensive but cools even the hottest of CPUs like a boss. Or a custom water loop, been thinking of making one for myself but I ain't got the time or money so it's still just a thought.

It's about € 69 here, which is € 20 cheaper then the Be Quiet I mentioned. Certainly a possibility. Thanks for the recommendation.

Edited by BlackRampage

That would probably be Visceral Games, since I know there are other EA games that definitely have configurable controls or at least an option for lefties. :tongue:

6500Kn - 8500Kn

But let's say that I'd like to go for something like this:

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G46VW/

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G56JR/

Something like that? On our market? In the 6500-8500HRK range? Stop teasing me. :tongue:

...oh wait... you're serious. :mellow:

The best I've seen in that price range that even remotely resembles the hardware in those is the Acer Aspire V3 722G that has i7-4702MQ with GeForce GTX 760M and runs Linpus Linux (some Fedora-based distro, I personally think it's crap). Saw it in Links for 8500HRK when my wife started drooling over it, other laptops in the same price range generally have pretty much the same CPU (or an i5) and they mostly run on Intel graphics (which suck, in case you don't know). And that Acer I mentioned is using Linux since the one I saw with Windows is over 9000 ( :teehee:) in Sistem Servis in Zadar (actually 9200HRK), so it's not really a budget-friendly choice in your case unless you find it cheaper in some local store.

You also have the APU-based laptops which, ermm... well, let's just say they suck so I can avoid having to write a paragraph regarding architectural differences between Richland and Kaveri APUs. :smile:

Personally, I'd go with a used laptop instead, there's plenty of used laptops around that have decent hardware and won't cost you an arm, a leg and left kidney. Especially in Zagreb, that place is full of them, I've seen a guy selling a used Alienware with an i7 and GeForce 770M for 8000HRK, it was even under warranty.

It's about € 69 here, which is € 20 cheaper then the Be Quiet I mentioned. Certainly a possibility. Thanks for the recommendation.

If you got money to burn, Phanteks PH-TC14PE is the best air cooler I've seen, even better than SA-E due to a larger fin surface (especially great in a triple-fan configuration). That's the cooler I considered buying for my 8320 but it couldn't fit into my small case.

There's a downside to it though - it's huge, SA-E is tiny in comparison.

And it seems I've hit the thermal limit on 4.62GHz at 1.392V. CPU is stable but it throttles, my VRMs are overheating and this stupid board has pathetic LLC so I can't drop the voltage down to 1.380V where it would be under control. My CPU is also running at 58C at that voltage and frequency, not happy about it. Guess I'll have to give up on 4.6GHz for now, that makes me sad. :sad:

Edited by Werne

Something like that? On our market? In the 6500-8500HRK range? Stop teasing me. :tongue:

...oh wait... you're serious. :mellow:

The best I've seen in that price range that even remotely resembles the hardware in those is the Acer Aspire V3 722G that has i7-4702MQ with GeForce GTX 760M and runs Linpus Linux (some Fedora-based distro, I personally think it's crap). Saw it in Links for 8500HRK when my wife started drooling over it, other laptops in the same price range generally have pretty much the same CPU (or an i5) and they mostly run on Intel graphics (which suck, in case you don't know). And that Acer I mentioned is using Linux since the one I saw with Windows is over 9000 ( :teehee:) in Sistem Servis in Zadar (actually 9200HRK), so it's not really a budget-friendly choice in your case unless you find it cheaper in some local store.

You also have the APU-based laptops which, ermm... well, let's just say they suck so I can avoid having to write a paragraph regarding architectural differences between Richland and Kaveri APUs. :smile:

Personally, I'd go with a used laptop instead, there's plenty of used laptops around that have decent hardware and won't cost you an arm, a leg and left kidney. Especially in Zagreb, that place is full of them, I've seen a guy selling a used Alienware with an i7 and GeForce 770M for 8000HRK, it was even under warranty.

I said something like those, I've never been laptop hunting before.

I just googled and youtubed some gaming laptops and came up with those.

I'll search njuskalo or something, I knew that Croatia is s*** when it comes to hardware, I just wanted to know how much I can get out of it, if anything at all.

And is there a way to buy things outside and import them here? For less money, that is.

and thank you

Edited by Iv000

And is there a way to buy things outside and import them here? For less money, that is.

Let me tell you a little story... I tried to buy a watch once, you know. Vostok mechanical watch with an automatic winding mechanism, 600HRK with express air delivery from Germany (475HRK watch, 125HRK delivery). It's a quality watch that costs half the price of that battery-powered crap around here. But our max non-customed import price was 150HRK, so I called our beloved customs for a price estimate on the import fee of a 600HRK object...

The end result - 1,200HRK without shipping, 1,500HRK with shipping price included (since they also slap a tax on that as well). That's just the taxes, the watch wouldn't be staying on the customs terminal which is another 600HRK per day and 400HRK for releasing it. Assuming the same price inflation gets slapped on a 6,000HRK laptop, you're looking at a 15,000HRK price without it staying at the customs terminal. If it does stay, add at least another 1000HRK if they're quick to notify you, 600HRK per day more if they're busy.

So if you want to get things from outside Croatia, you need to smuggle them, just like I did with my watch - went to Berlin, bought it, drove it back home. Ended up being much cheaper than importing it, and I got a chance to go sight-seeing. :wink:

And by the way, gaming laptops are expensive everywhere, guys in US shouldn't even look under $1000 unless they want to play a slideshow instead of a game and guys here shouldn't look at anything under 10,000HRK at all. Unless you're traveling every day, you'd be better off with some cheap 2000HRK laptop and a gaming desktop, you could build a monster of a gaming PC for 6500HRK by using some of your current PC's parts and still afford a half-decent laptop without crossing over your budget.

Let me tell you a little story... I tried to buy a watch once, you know. Vostok mechanical watch with an automatic winding mechanism, 600HRK with express air delivery from Germany (475HRK watch, 125HRK delivery). It's a quality watch that costs half the price of that battery-powered crap around here. But our max non-customed import price was 150HRK, so I called our beloved customs for a price estimate on the import fee of a 600HRK object...

The end result - 1,200HRK without shipping, 1,500HRK with shipping price included (since they also slap a tax on that as well). That's just the taxes, the watch wouldn't be staying on the customs terminal which is another 600HRK per day and 400HRK for releasing it. Assuming the same price inflation gets slapped on a 6,000HRK laptop, you're looking at a 15,000HRK price without it staying at the customs terminal. If it does stay, add at least another 1000HRK if they're quick to notify you, 600HRK per day more if they're busy.

So if you want to get things from outside Croatia, you need to smuggle them, just like I did with my watch - went to Berlin, bought it, drove it back home. Ended up being much cheaper than importing it, and I got a chance to go sight-seeing. :wink:

And by the way, gaming laptops are expensive everywhere, guys in US shouldn't even look under $1000 unless they want to play a slideshow instead of a game and guys here shouldn't look at anything under 10,000HRK at all. Unless you're traveling every day, you'd be better off with some cheap 2000HRK laptop and a gaming desktop, you could build a monster of a gaming PC for 6500HRK by using some of your current PC's parts and still afford a half-decent laptop without crossing over your budget.

I thought us being in the EU now gets rid of those fees?

http://www.vecernji.hr/kompanije-i-trzista/online-kupnja-u-eu-jeftinija-jer-se-vise-ne-placa-pdv-ni-carina-579013

If you got money to burn, Phanteks PH-TC14PE is the best air cooler I've seen, even better than SA-E due to a larger fin surface (especially great in a triple-fan configuration). That's the cooler I considered buying for my 8320 but it couldn't fit into my small case.

There's a downside to it though - it's huge, SA-E is tiny in comparison.

Hmmm. That Phanteks and the Be Quiet are exactly the same price. They're both about the same size though. The Phanteks seems to perform a little better, but at a hefty price: It's twice as noisy.

Not really planning on doing any serious overclocking anyway, so it's gonna be the Be Quiet.