The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I'm considering getting it, even when its not on sale. I had my eye on it fro the longest time.

Edited by Thor.

Bloody hell, I hate university. Why do they make us do crap we don't want to do? I went to university to learn about modelling, texturing, animation, etc. because that's what I like to do! So then, why do I have to learn all these things I don't care about like networks, programming, and hardware? And it's not optional either: I have to complete that if I want to do things I want to. STUPID IDIOTIC LOGIC!

In the four subjects I have this semester, two I really enjoy and had fun with (and got distinctions for my assignments), and two SUPER BORING UTTERLY USELESS subjects that I WON'T EVEN BE USING - and since I failed those subjects (because those subjects are my polar opposite) I cannot progress through my course to do the things I want to. TOTAL BULL!

EDIT: Okay, so I looked into those scores a little more and it turns out that my marks (16 and 26) were not out of 100, so I actually passed those subjects (MASSIVE relief). I am no longer angry at the university, and it is, in fact, quite good.

Edited by billyro

Hmm, the forum has been pretty slow to load for the past few days. That sucks.

Anyway, I got a good ol' Athlon 64 3200+ Venice today and I tweaked the f*** out of it this morning. Currently running at 2503MHz (x10 multi with 250MHz FSB) at 1.474V, got a stick of old DDR-400 memory which is running at 415.6MHz CL3 (5:8 RAM divider), HyperTransport runs at 1000MHz (x4 multi) and I even got the PCI-E/SATA bus running at 130MHz (30% overclock). Motherboard is crap so I can't go over 2.5GHz, but 25% ain't bad either. :smile:

I have to say, while the CPU used to be so slow it was unable to play YouTube videos without stutter, now it works pretty good, YouTube videos still abuse it but it stands strong and doesn't stutter anymore. :happy:

Edited by Werne

That sort of thing is what drives me insane. I have no idea how you can just pick up a new piece of hardware and tweak it like that! :tongue:

My brain would literally explode. Like, literally.

It's because I spend more time in BIOS than using the PC, I build PCs solely for the purpose of overclocking, and I do it good. Give me any piece of hardware for a few hours and I'll have it running way out of factory specs. :D

Except Intel hardware. No overclocking Intel processors unless you buy an unlocked CPU and pay the premium. Intel sucks. :smile:

Oh, I forgot to include the obligatory picture of that machine...

DSC00347.JPG

And the Arctic F8 on the stock AMD 125W cooler is mounted with... wait for it...

DSC00348.JPG

A shoe lace! :woot:

Now, try and guess what the tin can is for. :tongue:

That's a cute computer shoebox.

Is the tin can a fan? I dont recognize that white cable at all

It's actually a box for pastries, there were cupcakes there before I decided to cram a PC inside, and they were delicious. :yes:

As for the tin can, it has a hole in the bottom, the white cable you don't reconize is a rear USB header that I separated from it's slot and screwed into the can, and a wifi dongle is plugged into it. Simlified - it's a signal booster, two weeks ago I bought a USB wifi dongle for $1.6 off eBay that had only 17% signal strenght and I got it to 45% signal strength by putting it into a can.

Just don't ask where I got the idea for a tin can, I don't know either. :laugh:

looks small enough to fit in a micro atx case.

Nope, that's a standard ATX board, a little narrower than a 970A-UD3 but it's the same lenght and form factor.

That's a cute computer shoebox.

Is the tin can a fan? I dont recognize that white cable at all

It's actually a box for pastries, there were cupcakes there before I decided to cram a PC inside, and they were delicious. :yes:

As for the tin can, it has a hole in the bottom, the white cable you don't reconize is a rear USB header that I separated from it's slot and screwed into the can, and a wifi dongle is plugged into it. Simlified - it's a signal booster, two weeks ago I bought a USB wifi dongle for $1.6 off eBay that had only 17% signal strenght and I got it to 45% signal strength by putting it into a can.

Just don't ask where I got the idea for a tin can, I don't know either. :laugh:

"Trust me, I'm an engineer" :P

This is uncalled for, the vocab war is more active then the last poster wins, this shall not beee!!!

Edited by Thor.