The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Hmm, it's too quiet in here, disturbingly so. Wife took the little one to her friend's house to, well, show her off I guess, and now there is no noise. It's so quiet I can hear the thoughts my thoughts have. :smile:

Edited by Werne

after update, Skyrim is screaming fast. No fps jumping like it used to, even with v.sync its a stable 60fps across the board with the new update. Watch Dogs is a shamefully excuse of a pc game, that i have no regret taking back to EBgames, witch is a rare occasion.

E3 Schedule

Monday 6/9

• 9:30am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing
  • 11:00am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing Post show
  • 11:30pm – Hotline Miami 2 (Dennaton Games/Devolver Digital)
  • 12:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview
  • 1:00pm – EA Special Event
  • 2:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Post show
  • 2:30pm – Bethesda (Unannounced title)
  • 3:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing
  • 4:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing Post show
  • 4:30pm – Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)
  • 5:00pm – Dying Light (Techland)
  • 5:30pm – Final thoughts
  • 6:00pm – PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference

Pleeeease Fallout 4

PLEASE

It would have to be. Bethesda wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot by announcing something else...

... would they? :ermm:

I can imagine it now:

The crowd is assembled and waiting. The lights dim, and the last echoes of conversation in the room drown out. Everything is silent.

Suddenly, the projector screen comes alive, emitting a collective gasp from the audience. We see a bleak, war-torn, post-apocalyptic landscape, while a familiar phrase booms out across the room...

"War. War never changes."

Edited by billyro

Could be that mmo, ya never know. Crosses fingers for a New Elderscrolls or Fallout.

Ouch they did it, they announced that flop mmo instead.

http://gamingbolt.com/fallout-4-bethesda-on-why-they-announced-battlecry-instead-of-a-new-fallout-game

In space sim news, there is officially 3 in the works that can compete with Star Citizen

Elite Dangerous, the creator and inventor of the space sim :dance:

Arena Commander

No Mans Sky.

Edited by Thor.

Oh, that game. Well, considering that the E3 Schedule says "Unannounced title", I'd have to say that it's a game that hasn't been officially announced yet. That stupid-looking Battlecry game was announced a couple of weeks ago, if I remember right.

So, I still have hopes that they will announce Fallout 4. :)

Edited by billyro

Not really good at time zone conversion, any idea when PlayStation conference is in ECT, i believe its two hours behind or ahead. Not sure really. Noting pst is Mountain time, could be behind.

Edited by Thor.

Saw something very cool on the news this morning: an aeroplane that can fly indefinitely without refuelling. The aircraft is solar-powered, and generates an excess of energy during the day. It then uses this energy to continue flying during the night, and can continue the cycle of draining and recharging itself ad infinitum. The only time it has to land, is to feed the people on board: there is no need to refuel it, and the engines require very little maintenance.

From an engineering perspective I think it's a work of art. There's an elegance and almost ethereal grace to the design and the way it flies: because the aircraft is so astonishingly light, it almost seems to defy gravity. The mechanical aspects are beautiful in their own way, with Carbon Fibre being used for nearly every component. The complete aircraft has a larger wingspan than a 737 passenger jet, but weighs about as much as a Toyota Camry.

http://www.solvay.com/en/binaries/SVL006367solar_impulse-149252.jpg?size=medium

Actually, that isn't impossible.

Solar power isn't viable for automotive use for a couple of reasons. Cars just don't have the surface area to provide enough solar power to move their weight efficiently. It would be possible to make a purely solar, but there would be no point. Solar cars produce obscene amounts of waste heat, are too large to fit in modern roads, and their internals require a tiny single-person cockpit.

Unless Solar Panels can be made about 800% more efficient per square centimetre, Solar Cars are (sadly) not an option.

So what options do we have?

Hybrid technology is our best short-term option.

A hybrid car has a traditional gasoline combustion engine, and a large electric motor as well. Hybrids are powerful, high-performance vehicles and easily out-perform their more conventional siblings. They still require gasoline and oil, but use it much more efficiently and are our best option until we can make effective pure-electric systems.

Hybrid technology is best demonstrated by Formula 1 racing cars. F1 cars have a tiny 1.6 litre engine and a sophisticated Hybrid system with dual motors. When the system works in harmony, the tiny engine produces around eight hundred horsepower and can hurl the 700KG F1 car to 389 KPH in a matter of seconds. They also use 110% less fuel(half) for the same amount of power, and produce around 70% less Co2 and particulate emission than previous petrol race cars.

Hydrogen should be the long-term goal. Hydrogen can be used two ways by a car: either you can convert it into a Hydrazine slurry and burn it like gasoline, or use it to generate enormous amounts of electricity. Both systems suit different kinds of car: Hydrazine for racing, and Hydrogen batteries for quiet road driving.

The best thing about Hydrogen and Hydrazine, is that they don't produce any harmful byproducts whatsoever and can be extracted from almost anything, including garbage, sewage and nuclear waste. The only thing holding this tech back is the fact you need electricity-a lot of electricity-to generate any quantity of it. Until Heliostatic or Nuclear power comes of age, Hydrogen's refinement process does more harm than good.

On the subject of Heliostats, I strongly suspect we'll see a lot of them in the future. A Heliostat is a reasonably efficient carbon-neutral power station: it uses powerful mirrors to focus a beam of blazing sunlight onto a central tower. This boils water in the tower, producing steam and driving a turbine. They're extremely useful for hot, arid climates like Australia and Spain, and are already beginning to see civilian use. Sevilla in Spain has the world's first commercial one.

Anybody who played Fallout NV will know what they look like. Helios 1 is an example of one, although it's fairly primitive.

Edited by Vindekarr

i was being sarcastic, there is plenty of other renewable energy sources, yet we don't use them.

The word clean scares them off.

Sigh i wish i could go back to ps2, some games are just sitting in my library waiting for that time, when a HD ps2 system comes out.

Edited by Thor.