The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I got my Certificate in Advanced English :D I had 90% on the test and I got an A. I can also work as a translator now :happy:

And in a few weeks I hope I'll pass my driving exam. If I do, this will be the best summer ever ^^

I'm not actually that surprised, your English is perfect-your written English is better than most Australian gamers.

In my experience, it seems to be a feature with people who learn a second language: they often have excellent spelling and grammar in that language, relative to a native speaker. I think I think it's because they speak much more deliberately, wheras Australians particularly tend to rush through sentences and cut corners wherever possible(a feature of the Australian dialect).

Thanks a lot! Compliments about my English from native English speakers are very special to me.

I picked it up along the way as I existed, I don't even know how, I just know English since always (Better than my native language I must say, not sure if that's sad or impressive :P)

I'm happy with it, i can download 30gb''s under a hour now, so ya. Thats a second in internet terms.

Unlimited, no cap. I gave bell a scathing report card last time, i hope they don't mess around again, or i will cut the dls cord, and switch to cable.

Edited by Thor.

It took me a week to download Far Cry 3, since I could only download at night. Waaaah.

Whining aside, it would be nice if someone here would give my ISP some competition.

I am tempted to go premium because my internet last time didn't qualify as great, stuck around 700kbps, so now i have fantastically fast internet, i am thinking about it. The exchange rate always concerns me.

You Get deals if you use the same phone service as your Internet provider, never had any problems with that. I'm paying 40$ for unlimited and 50mbps, they dwindled down the price after i threatened to switch. :dance: . They knew i could of got it cheaper else where.

Edited by Thor.

Whining aside, it would be nice if someone here would give my ISP some competition.

I agree. We had two for a while, but one kind of just disappeared. I guess there's some satellite internet that I could get but... blegh. :yucky:

For now I'm stuck with some company that keeps buying out all these little ones (the little company they bought was the one we had before), and they're kind of shitty. It took them half a year to finally come out and fix a problem we had (phone related). I think my speeds are still better than what you said you're getting though. :tongue:

they dwindled down the price after i threatened to switch. :dance: . They knew i could of got it cheaper else where.

I have a friend who does that all the time to their TV company. And they keep getting free stuff from it.

Edited by K00L

I'm wondering if any of you have more than one ISP option to choose from. Three companies I have to choose from are: the wired phone company, a cable company with wired cable, and a cellular phone service with the Cantenna.

All the third parties ISP sellers in and about the state where the phone company has the monopoly usually branch off of the same backbone. That is the same fiber optic cable the phone companies use.

Even though they may not share the same paring's, in (download) and out (upload) lines, they are likely using the same fiber optic cable coming to your town/city.

Heres the inside poop. The closer you are to the fiber optic cable the better, (within 3 miles of its core station is needed to even get 1.5 Mb/s - 1 mile is best for 3 Mb/s). If they have a repeater outside the 2.75 Mile limit they can boost the signal to the next 2.75 Mile area.

If you live outside the 3 mile lines limit, and I mean if the Internet Line were stretched out straight to your modem from the CO you might be able to get a 3 times the speed of a 56.6 KB/s

3 x 56.6 = 169.8 KB/s

Secondly: Does everyone on the Internet in your area not have a Wi-Fi enabled modem?

Do you turn off the Wi-Fi on your modem while you are downloading?

Wi-Fi can interrupt your download throughput if it is on.

Someone so much as passes by within your Wi-Fi range and their wi-fi hotspot seeker causes interruptions when Wi-Fi is being checked to see if it is "open (public) or password protected (private).

In neighborhoods where several modems are on 24/7 it can have affect on all of them, because all of them have their Wi-Fi enabled they can cause lower upload and download speed, just because they are there in your neighborhood from the same phone service. Not just because they likely are the same kind of modems.

Even other models of modems with Wi-Fi enabled can see the others if their Wi-Fi is enabled. They ALL try to share their signals. Doesn't matter if they are open to the public or with a secure password.

The Wi-Fi on each modem is like a hotspot for the other to sense.

They want to chat to see if they can share their Wi-Fi connection, and naturally, while they do they slow down "the modems internal function's" and impair your downloads and upload speeds to a certain degree.

I leave the Wi-Fi off on mine, unless I need to setup Wi-Fi connection on another device for testing. Therefor, "No hotspot checks while Wi-Fi enabled is disabled!" Cleaner, uninterrupted, download speeds