The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Looks like the new Borderlands game is pretty bland. I guess I'll wait until it's ten dollars in the next Summer Sale.

Wasn't the new Borderlands game supposed to be an RPG like The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us? Or am I thinking of a different game?

Today I pre-ordered Dragon Age: Inquisition and Assassin's Creed: Unity. Now comes the long wait... :ermm:

Edited by billyro

Wasn't the new Borderlands game supposed to be an RPG like The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us? Or am I thinking of a different game?

Today I pre-ordered Dragon Age: Inquisition and Assassin's Creed: Unity. Now comes the long wait... :ermm:

That's another new one by Telltale. Tales from the Borderlands or something I believe. AND they have a Game of Thrones game in the works. Telltale Games must be busy. :o

Jealous. I still need to pre-order DA:I. I'll get around to it. Or maybe not. I'm not sure yet.

Edit: So I was looking at Morrowind mods (comments in particular) earlier, and wow. People coming from Skyrim to Morrowind seem really rude. A lot of complaining about "y no NMM" and "wow s*** dascripshon" and "no pics no clix bro u kno da rulez" and things like that. Only less stupid. I just like to type stupid when people sound bitchy about things like that. It's like they fail to realize how long most of those mods have existed (or read the post date... I like when it says things were made in 1969).

If I ever make a mod again I will purposefully make it not compatible with NMM so that people have to manually install it (the horror of dragging a folder into another folder is too much for most to bear apparently).

EDIT: OOPS. It's late. Early. Really early. I lost track of time.

Edit: Guys come on! I've been winning for 12 hours. :tongue: I need someone to reply to since I'm sick today and have nothing better to do.

I woke up with an awful headache (probably a migraine actually). And then I went into town and had to turn around because I thought I was going to puke. I was almost inside my house but I had to stop and run to the grass instead. I feel like my left eye is twitching too. And I'm shaky and still feel like s#*!.

Edited by K00L

I sat and watched TV a lot. :tongue:
Laying down made me feel worse. I'm feeling quite a bit better now though!

That's another new one by Telltale. Tales from the Borderlands or something I believe. AND they have a Game of Thrones game in the works. Telltale Games must be busy. :o

Jealous. I still need to pre-order DA:I. I'll get around to it. Or maybe not. I'm not sure yet.

So that's what it was... right. I may give Tales from the Borderlands a chance, but the other ones, nah. Also I hope the Game of Thrones game has some good action in it. :smile:

Yeah, I pre-ordered it so now it's all done and good - just have to wait until it comes out, now. It's quite annoying how Unity and Inquisition are released within a week of each other though: I was hoping that I'd have more time to play Unity before Inquisition came out, because Dragon Age is the much more important game IMO. AC Unity was supposed to release at least 2 weeks earlier, but somehow that got moved to just 1 week.

Oh well, I suppose I can always go back to it. After about 10 play-throughs of Dragon Age, that is! :tongue:

Edit: So I was looking at Morrowind mods (comments in particular) earlier, and wow. People coming from Skyrim to Morrowind seem really rude. A lot of complaining about "y no NMM" and "wow s*** dascripshon" and "no pics no clix bro u kno da rulez" and things like that. Only less stupid. I just like to type stupid when people sound bitchy about things like that. It's like they fail to realize how long most of those mods have existed (or read the post date... I like when it says things were made in 1969).

If I ever make a mod again I will purposefully make it not compatible with NMM so that people have to manually install it (the horror of dragging a folder into another folder is too much for most to bear apparently).

Yep, on the whole, Skyrim mod users (though generally not really the mod makers themselves) are much more self-righteous and demanding than that of the Oblivion and Morrowind modding community. I suppose Skyrim's popularity contributed to that though - more people in the pot means more idiots among them. Also, laziness. Some people are too thick to follow manual installation instructions, because installing with NMM is oh, so much easier. Truth be told, I've barely ever used NMM - I like installing mods manually because then I have maximum control.

When you upload mods, you can untick an option called "Allow NMM Downloads" which will disable the big, green NMM button on your download page, forcing the user to download manually. Be warned though, the first 5 comments will be a bunch of slack-jaws asking, "can yu plz mak it nmm plz?"

I reckon the nicest modding sub-community on the Nexus is the Dragon Age one. I've barely seen a negative comment on any of those mods, which is strange considering that Dragon Age Origins and 2 have arguably the hardest installation process. I guess it helps that the mod-makers are helpful instead of disdainful, too (you can't exactly say, "just download with NMM," with Dragon Age mods.)

Edit: Guys come on! I've been winning for 12 hours. :tongue: I need someone to reply to since I'm sick today and have nothing better to do.

I woke up with an awful headache (probably a migraine actually). And then I went into town and had to turn around because I thought I was going to puke. I was almost inside my house but I had to stop and run to the grass instead. I feel like my left eye is twitching too. And I'm shaky and still feel like s***.

Today I feel more talkative than yesterday - *reads above paragraphs, shakes head at magnitude* - so hello!

If you're feeling sick and vomit-y, maybe you could carry around a bucket for emergency purposes. Better to clean up a bucket than the floor or a nearby wall. :P

Also, drink lots of water, or hot beverages or stuff like that. :)

-snip-

I'm in agreement with that, I'll probably give Telltale's Borderlands a go when it comes out, but I'm not sure I'll be buying any more of the main games after how I felt about the second game.

There's too many things being released soon and I'll have to ignore all of them for Dragon Age (and because I'd like to not go broke buying a s*** load of games). :laugh:

You're probably right with the bit about Skyrim's popularity. I also pretty much always do manual installs unless there's a billion patches/optional files included. Which usually means that I'm now ignoring mod authors' advice since quite a few recommend NMM now. I remember some mod for Oblivion was set up to not work until you changed something in it's INI file or something... I wonder how people would react to that now.

The last time I uploaded something was probably pretty soon after the Skyrim Creation Kit was released. And then deleted the only three files I had on the Nexus, they really weren't that great. I've been tempted to make some things recently (my creativity is about to cause me to explode into rainbows... or fireworks... I don't know, I'm just feeling like I have too many ideas in my head and I have been to busy and now sick to really feel like doing anytihng), but Skyrim's Creation Kit is so different from the older ones that I'm not sure I like it (that and Blender is being a jerk recently). I guess I've only used it once or twice though.

I think the fact that Dragon Age's mods are a bit more difficult for most people to install is one reason the community there is a little nicer. It scares people away. Aaaand the modding isn't nearly as big as for Bethesda's games so I don't think it gets much traffic at all.

My headache has been off and on all day and I already took something for it twice. My stomach hasn't exactly been feeling great either, but I haven't been sick since 1:00 or whenever. Overall, I feel much better than earlier.

I should sleep though. I probably spent too long typing this, and then trimming it down. I blab. A lot. Like right now. I just keep adding things on that are completely meaningless. Edit: Weird, I apparently typed a sentence twice, and the second time I typed it I put it in the wrong spot.

Edited by K00L

The CK isn't that bad once you get used to it. I agree that it is a pain to use it when a lot has changed, but a lot of the changes are for the better (like the search filter - so much streamline-ness). Most of my mods are additions to the game, though, like weapons and stuff. I once made a voiced companion using a text-to-speech program, which was pretty fun. :P

When I first started playing Dragon Age and I found out there were mods for it, I doubt even a brick wall could have prevented me from downloading them. :yes:

Also today I figured out why Skyrim wasn't loading particularly good: I did a complete re-install a few months ago, and forgot to follow the steps in the Speed and Stability Guide (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50214/?). I did that today, fixed up Skyrim, and now it's back to being smooth and (most of the time) above 30 frames per second (with my ENB). I really want an awesome computer that can run Skyrim at 60 frames per second with a super high-quality ENB and a sea of grass...

Also, I re-downloaded Heroes of Dragon Age a few weeks ago. Damn, but it is frustrating. I've got like 8 epics (red) but I need a freaking GREEN (legendary) pleeeeeeease! :wallbash: