The last poster wins

TheCalliton

HA! A sly little fox got caught in the hen house, while the chickens were all away. :tongue:

The farmer planned well, to catch the fox, do tell; and now the Rooster will crow happily for another day. :laugh:

The day the day the Digital download for Dragon Age: Inquisition is nearer. Download on the 14th for those who bought it early. The 17th it will become activated.

The time to procrastinate grows short.

:laugh: Stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

Applause, Applause.

Encore!

HA! I found a little demon in my soup. I shouted at the waiter, "What's this Demon DOING IN MY SOUP?"

The waiter stared, in complete surprise, stuttered, and said, "I think it's doing the backstroke!"

EDIT: Nevermind, it came through! :tongue:

EDIT 2: Well, I've been able to play an introduction mission for Assassin's Creed: Unity while the rest of the game downloads. So far, I like the controls and the combat, but what I don't like is my framerate. I've got all the settings on the lowest they can go, and I only get about 20 frames per second. Maybe getting the most recent graphics driver will improve things...

I really wish it ran as good as Far Cry 3. How can Far Cry 3 run better, look nicer (on my laptop) and also be older than Unity?

I reckon if there was the option to reduce the amount of objects/foliage/people in the game, it would load 3x better on this laptop. Oh well, maybe they'll implement those options in the near future...

EDIT 3: Woohoo! New driver update and it specifically caters to AC Unity. :D

EDIT 4: Hmm, framerate is still low. However, the difference between high and low settings is only about 5 frames, which means that the main performance drain is related to the sheer amount of objects rendered on the screen at once. Seriously, they weren't lying when they said thousands of people could be on the screen at one time. I really wish there was a way to tone it down, though - laptops aren't good for GPU-heavy stuff.

EDIT 5: Well, the driver update didn't do much for Assassin's Creed, but it did improve Skyrim a lot. It's much smoother than what it was before. Or maybe that's just because I've been accustomed to Unity's 20 fps and then suddenly Skyrim's 40 seems like it's silky magic. :P

Aaaaand I think that's enough "edits" for tonight. I have to leave my laptop on so UPlay can download the rest of this bloody huge game (40GB in total) so yeah.

Edited by billyro

Current setup is more then capable to run AC unity. But reminds me of Watch Dogs all over again.

i pre ordered the deluxe Dragon Age inquisition for ps4. Comes out Tuesday. :dance:

plus got me one of the best phones on the market.

Edited by Thor.

@Billyro
22 MORE GEMS....
Pretty, pretty greeeeeeeeeeen will be mine! :teehee:
And I passed 600,000 without ever getting a Legendary. :c

Hmm? Multi-Player? Sounds like a plan. Oh...If only there were 3 more PC gamers buying Dragon Age: Inquisition that were all awake at 7:00 PM Mountain Standard Time. All you Easterner's, and Central time, AU, de, jp, Euro, etc., etc. Clock zones are either asleep or rubbing the sandmans dream dust out of your eyes; when I am playing.

Even Thors clock is two hours later in his zone. When I'm at seven pm he's at nine pm. Made for some interesting crashing over and over on my my PS3 trying to play Borderlands with him as a team. He must of had all sorts of strange ideas when I was sending him messages saying my PS3 had crashed again, and again over and over after barely five minutes into the game: each time.

:laugh: Stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

Applause, Applause.

Encore!

Aw, shoot! I forgot that DA:I would have multiplayer. Now I have to get it on PC. If it's as fun as Mass Effect 3's multiplayer was (and gets as many updates) then I'm going to get it on PC. And eventually get a PC. :laugh:

No! Assassin's Creed: Unity?!

Not 40 Gigabytes! NOOOOOooooo!

Most of that is probably high resolution textures, which I can't even use. :pinch:

@Billyro

22 MORE GEMS....

Pretty, pretty greeeeeeeeeeen will be mine! :teehee:

And I passed 600,000 without ever getting a Legendary. :c

Yay! Let me know who you get. :D

Also, is there a way to check how much coinage you've spent? I want to see mine...

EDIT: Well... apparently when I said I spent over 500,000 coins, it was a little bit off. I've actually spent over 2,000,000. :tongue:

AC:Unity I've heard has some pretty poor optimization. TotalBiscuit was unable to get it to run smoothly on the highest setting, and you know what a beast his computer is.

Yeah, hopefully Ubisoft releases a patch or something in the near future which will increase performance. Or at least have an option to reduce the amount of objects visible on the screen, which I think is probably the main culprit (if I look down at the ground, my fps goes up to about 40, but as soon as I look up again, back to 20).

Aw, shoot! I forgot that DA:I would have multiplayer. Now I have to get it on PC. If it's as fun as Mass Effect 3's multiplayer was (and gets as many updates) then I'm going to get it on PC. And eventually get a PC. :laugh:

Just remember that Bioware is releasing it on Xbox 360 and PS3, so chances are you'll be able to tweak the graphics to a great extent and maybe (maybe) make it playable on your current laptop. :smile:

I heard that in multiplayer you can't create your own characters and you have to choose from a selection of pre-made ones. I'll still give it a go, but I'll still be using most of my time to play single-player.

EDIT: I've been playing Assassin's Creed: Unity again today. I have to say, aside from the low framerate, this is the best AC game I have played. It is a real step-up from previous games. :)

Edited by billyro

Yay! Let me know who you get. :D

Also, is there a way to check how much coinage you've spent? I want to see mine...

EDIT: Well... apparently when I said I spent over 500,000 coins, it was a little bit off. I've actually spent over 2,000,000. :tongue:

I definitely will. I'm at 331 now so this event should finish it up quickly. I'm kind of stuck on the main quest and mastery though.

Now I don't feel as upset for not getting a legendary yet. :laugh:

Just remember that Bioware is releasing it on Xbox 360 and PS3, so chances are you'll be able to tweak the graphics to a great extent and maybe (maybe) make it playable on your current laptop. :smile:

I heard that in multiplayer you can't create your own characters and you have to choose from a selection of pre-made ones. I'll still give it a go, but I'll still be using most of my time to play single-player.

That's true. The thing is the newest game I've played on here (besides indie games, but all of the ones I play on my laptop are 2D) is Skyrim. I've been meaning to get a new computer for a long time now so maybe it's time to just do it.

That's how ME3's multiplayer was. I want to go play that kind of. I loooooove my Geth trooper. :tongue:

Found a video. Looks cool. Sounds a lot like ME's multiplayer.