The last poster wins

TheCalliton

You were in a coma? Or was that a figure of speech? And yeah, the mod monetisation crisis (unofficial name) certainly has caused some destruction.

I was really in a coma and, funny enough, I didn't do anything stupid to end up in a coma (you know, like breaking a bar counter with my head). I just went to the store, tripped on the curb and ended up French-kissing the ground, knocked me out for a week.

K.O. - Pavement wins. :tongue:

And I figured out how to properly use the Steam Workshop pay-for-mod stuff. You put half-finished and possibly broken mods up for, say, tree fiddy, as an "exclusive access to new versions". That is just a fancy way to say "Beta testing" but dumb-dumbs don't know that.

Guys who pay extra for "exclusive access" are very likely to report bugs cause you can't have bugs when you're exclusive and you paid more than others, it has to be squeaky clean. Think Apple but in mod terms, it has to be bug-free and they'll yap until it is.

Once you iron out the bugs, release the stable version as free on the Nexus and make more changes for "exclusive access" guys to beta test. It's a win for everyone - guys who don't pay get a good, stable mod, exclusive pricks get their exclusive stuff and most importantly - you get paid. :D

I don't think it's possible to get a cleaner unwrap than that. Good job! :smile:

That unwrap is one of the best I did and I didn't even try, I just clicked unwrap and scaled the parts randomly. Then I generated the UV testing map by accident, clicked New instead of Open, and I just had to take a screenshot of it cause it's just so good.

Also... heh heh heh heh.

I didn't think of it first and that makes me sad. If there is one mod that deserves to be FOTM, that mod is it, and it has my vote. :smile:

Edited by Werne

Wow! Protestation: the many protestations did not stay the execution of greed and power among the children playing monopoly.

And then...

:laugh: Curtain stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

And then the curtains close for another evening.

It looks like death isn't excepting visitors. My time on this plane isn't up yet.

I might of been able to help you a bit with that bit. Even if I did; I realized; I didn't have the address to address where to send the bit, if indeed I had taken the time to make a new bit. If only the rules the people I met, would allow me to, they seem to think I have a vet, not a Cadillac and I am not allowed to cow tow and tow it the old magically way, forward the bit you need, so you can bore some holes on your own board, so you can practice the techniques of old school too. :laugh:

And then...

:laugh: Curtain stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

And then the curtains close for another evening.

It looks like death isn't excepting visitors. My time on this plane isn't up yet.

You were in a coma? Or was that a figure of speech? And yeah, the mod monetisation crisis (unofficial name) certainly has caused some destruction.

I was really in a coma and, funny enough, I didn't do anything stupid to end up in a coma (you know, like breaking a bar counter with my head). I just went to the store, tripped on the curb and ended up French-kissing the ground, knocked me out for a week.

K.O. - Pavement wins. :tongue:

And I figured out how to properly use the Steam Workshop pay-for-mod stuff. You put half-finished and possibly broken mods up for, say, tree fiddy, as an "exclusive access to new versions". That is just a fancy way to say "Beta testing" but dumb-dumbs don't know that.

Guys who pay extra for "exclusive access" are very likely to report bugs cause you can't have bugs when you're exclusive and you paid more than others, it has to be squeaky clean. Think Apple but in mod terms, it has to be bug-free and they'll yap until it is.

Once you iron out the bugs, release the stable version as free on the Nexus and make more changes for "exclusive access" guys to beta test. It's a win for everyone - guys who don't pay get a good, stable mod, exclusive pricks get their exclusive stuff and most importantly - you get paid. :D

Wow, that pavement must have been a dirty fighter. :P

I just had a look at the Steam workshop then, to see all the paid mods that are currently under review. It's funny because 75% of them are joke mods that are taking the crap out Valve and Bethesda, such as a retextured iron greatsword to be green and is called "I Am Rich" and costs $99.99 to purchase, or a mod that is called Ultimate Gameplay Tweak: Iron Dagger which tweaks its stats to be highly immersive and will change the whole feel of the game (only $0.25!)

Seriously, go check it out. I am not even kidding when I say most of the mods are joke mods. :laugh:

Finally, the sites got faster. :dance: Yesterday's good news [/sarcasm] brought the forums down to their knees, it took a minute just to load the front page.

@billyro Yeah, the pavement was one mean mother. And I checked out the Workshop yesterday, laughed my ass of. Funny enough, no one released horse armor for $9.99 yet. :tongue:

EDIT: Guys, did anyone else figure out that Skyrim is now officially cheaper than some of the mods on the Workshop? Skyrim is €3.74 while Wet and Cold is €4.59. :laugh:

Edited by Werne