The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I hate CK.

EDIT:

Main.jpg

All done, ain't fiddling with it anymore, if I keep doing that I'll never finish it. I spent all day modifying the specular map and after 6 hours it was perfect, but it was the same exact specular I wanted to change in the first place. :facepalm:

Edited by Werne

I got an invite to watch a guy on TED.com about his worry about what will happen when computers become smarter then us.

They already are.

A computer competed with two very smart humans on a television show and even could respond to Alex when having a regular conversation.

Answer: What is JEOPARDY?

DOINK!

And then...

:laugh: Curtain stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

And then the curtains close for another evening.

It looks like death isn't excepting visitors. My time on this plane isn't up yet.

Looks good, Werne! Are you gonna release?

Also, paids mods have been taken down from the workshop! I can't say I'm surprised, to be honest.

Yup, would've done it yesterday but the pics were all showing broken image thumbnails and when I tried to scale one for the header, it stretched all vertically. Now they actually work but take ages to load.

I didn't release any mods for ages so I forgot how half-broken the upload process is, now I remember. :thumbsup:

By the way, since I plan on treating the model itself as a modders resource (as is the case with all my models), I'm not sure how to handle permissions for your cubemap. All my resources so far had "no need to ask me for permission to use it, credit required" as permissions but I'm not sure if you agree with that.

And yeah, I read about Valve removing paid mods on OCN, I'm not surprised either. Seems like the backlash was too nasty for Bethesda to handle. Understandable, considering how sudden they sprung it, and that they did it on a 4 year old game that had millions of users using mods by the time changes were implemented.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5mxVzvvxQo

:laugh:

Edited by Werne

By the way, since I plan on treating the model itself as a modders resource (as is the case with all my models), I'm not sure how to handle permissions for your cubemap. All my resources so far had "no need to ask me for permission to use it, credit required" as permissions but I'm not sure if you agree with that.

Yep, no need for permission but credit is nice. The original cubecross was made by Humus, too, so you might want to credit him for the cubemap - all I did was make it work in Skyrim.

Yep, no need for permission but credit is nice. The original cubecross was made by Humus, too, so you might want to credit him for the cubemap - all I did was make it work in Skyrim.

Okay, then it's the same permission line I always use but slightly tweaked. I love copy/paste.

And now that you mentioned Humus, I googled it and damn, those are some nice cubemaps. :yes:

I know, I spent aaaages going through all his stuff and trying out all the cubemaps. :tongue: Good quality work, too.

Today I decided to play some Skyrim again, and I was wondering what follower to take on my adventures. I decided on Jenassa (the merc in Whiterun) but her vanilla face was too ugly. So, I remade it!

http://puu.sh/hu23Y/e598731aad.jpg

However, and I don't know how I didn't see this when I was making it... she looks like a pixie, not a murderous assassin. :wallbash: I thought that by adding those slight markings to her face she would look more sinister, but that doesn't alleviate the soft-looking face.

Oh well, back to the drawing board...

The new image is better, but the frickin' EYEBROWS need to be fixed. SADNESS is what those piddly eyebrows represent! DAMN YOU KREKH!

THIS is what the eyebrows need to be like:

http://puu.sh/hu1Xl/6289d00046.jpg

(evil facial hair not included)

Edited by billyro

It's amazing how, long ago when, Fallout 3 was getting new mods by the hours and days here. I remember how I was sharing ideas for a mod I had a story emerge into a daily writing. I wasn't surprised when I saw the word I used in my modding theme, "Hotel" repeated on several other threads here.

A few months later, it became evident the word Motel appeared in the title of another DLC which emerged from the Bethesda offers. It made me wonder and think, "Hmm? I wonder if their idea has any similar story and lines of the images my story?", which I never fully shared I had saved on my computer?

Nope! I realized after playing it the only thing in common was, Just the word, "Motel to Hotel". The only resemblance throughout the entire DLC was that a Motel and a Hotel are: Living spaces rented to travelers and rich tenants.

Maybe you remember it? They charged us a small amount of money for their creative thinking that their team had come up with.

I wondered if any of us gave them some enlightenment, via the cyberspace grape vine chatter. You know, "popular interests" growing on the cyberspace grapevine at the time, so they gave the "Motel" idea a go.

Where do those people, who charge money for their video games and mods, they sell as DLC's, get their ideas? Hmm?

And then...

:laugh: Curtain stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

And then the curtains close for another evening.

It looks like death isn't excepting visitors. My time on this plane isn't up yet.

http://puu.sh/hu1Xl/6289d00046.jpg

(evil facial hair not included)

You're a genius! An evil, brilliant genius! I'll make that a warpaint as soon as I finish math. :D

Speaking of which, I hate circle equations. I even hate letter O right now.