The last poster wins

TheCalliton

That's a nice looking load-order. There are even some mods in there that I might check out later... :)

Witcher 3 has finished downloading - 21GB in total (smaller than I was expecting). Now comes the painful wait...

Witcher 3 has finished downloading - 21GB in total (smaller than I was expecting). Now comes the painful wait...

Jeaaaaalllllooouuuuuusssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...

I considered getting it pre-ordered but I haven't even beat the second one. I don't think I could beat the second one... Not sure if it would even run on my laptop, and last time I tried to play it, something happened during after I updated and the menu screen went black. Maybe I'll give it a try again soon.

My old laptop could only just barely run The Witcher 2, and it was quite powerful. Unless your laptop is really good, I wouldn't recommend it.

You've got a PS4, right? Or was that a PS3? Anyway, if you do have a PS4, it would probably be worth getting it on that.

I've been reading up on adding things to leveled lists using scripts in Skyrim to avoid conflicts. From what I gather, this is how it should work...

ScriptName DistributionScript extends Quest

LeveledItem Property LeveledList Auto
Item Property Item Auto

Event OnInit()
    LeveledList.AddForm(Item, Level, Count)
EndEvent

If I'm right, that would work. If I'm not, that would flop. But if it does work, I wonder if it could also work like this...

ScriptName DistributionScript extends Quest

LeveledItem Property LeveledList Auto
LeveledItem Property MyLeveledList Auto

Event OnInit()
    LeveledList.AddForm(MyLeveledList, Level, Count)
EndEvent

I'll go fire up the CK and see if these things even compile. :smile:

EDIT: Success! Well, I guess it's success. The following script compiles:

ScriptName WerneDistributionScript extends Quest  

LeveledItem Property WerneVanillaList  Auto
LeveledItem Property WerneList Auto 
Weapon Property WerneItem Auto
Weapon Property WerneItem2 Auto
Weapon Property WerneItem3 Auto

Event OnInit()
    WerneList.AddForm(WerneItem, 1, 1)
    WerneList.AddForm(WerneItem2, 1, 1)
    WerneList.AddForm(WerneItem3, 1, 1)
    WerneVanillaList.AddForm(WerneList, 1, 1)
EndEvent

Adding items to leveled lists? Check. Adding leveled lists to other leveled lists? Check. Still can't figure out how to add leveled lists to containers directly though, I'll have to read up some more on that.

Will this work in-game and more importantly, will this persist? I have no idea.

Edited by Werne

Sounds like a good idea for people who don't use Wrye Bash. :happy:

Yup. You basically bypass editing Skyrim's leveled lists completely by adding things through scripts instead, no conflicts at all. :smile:

Oh, and the script seems to be working. It runs only once on game start, changes seem to be persistent through reloads. I stripped the Warmaiden's container and made it serve as a controlled environment for testing.

Edited by Werne

I saw an article about it being sold early

(probably illegally) somewhere...

And random, but a game I bought in an early access type thing (I've mentioned before that the game has been silent for over half a year or so) has decided that the next three "stages" have to be bought as DLC when they were originally going to be free. Well, those stages include switching over to Unity and the rest of the story. So I paid for a game that is essentially going to be a permanent beta unless I pay more. Nice. They think they'll get the money they need to continue development with this plan...

Yeah, I saw that too, but didn't think any of the popular Youtubers would do it (TheRadBrad was the one I saw - 4 million subscribers so I don't think he'd risk it) so it's strange. Maybe they were given the game early just because. :confused:

Punch the game in the face - that'll teach it to be greedy.