The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Ah the good all days of computing, the 368 can play doom, it was ahead of its time and then some, at 20fps.

I swear we had one in the 80's, must be an early build from the ground up. Something my father may have brought from work. although it was worth 2.000$ at the time, even if it was second hand stuff.

By the 1991 i was with the snes, don't recall ever using it in the 90's. Obscure release date i guess. Although ares came with a set of speakers and the mighty creative sound card, not to mention games and then some.. Commander keen the original release..

Edited by niphilim222

Thanks Paga, been forever and a day since I last listened to that great Tom Petty hit. Did you know that Tom played the Mayor of Bridge City in that movie The Postman?

Theme for the day ... Damn the Torpedoes !!

Thanks Paga, been forever and a day since I last listened to that great Tom Petty hit. Did you know that Tom played the Mayor of Bridge City in that movie The Postman?

Theme for the day ... Damn the Torpedoes !!

Tinking about sailing I couldn't help but remember : He's got gills!

If you hear a really long blast from the horn, keep your eyes open for guy with a long beard floating along on a NeoAir yellow mattress using some patches made from suede shirts for sails.

About the this time of year when one of Kevin Costners fillms was out in theaters I was watching a movie with the lines: If you build it, they will come...

It might be time to drop by Mktavish's place and see if he would mind singing the lead while we pick up instruments and play.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwjN5aWIk6zoAhWUuZ4KHbAtB_oQwqsBMAJ6BAgMEAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxnKOVPXhlnE&usg=AOvVaw1qcS-8Tlrzzr5JAWU7wb2g

"Jambalaya (On the Bayou)" is a song written and recorded by American country music singer Hank Williams that was first released in July 1952. Named for a Creole and Cajun dish, jambalaya, it spawned numerous cover versions and has since

Lets have some fun on the bayou

Well done once again Paga (and even a times two for this one).

Worked with a guy who made an awsome Jambalaya and would bring some in for all the team occasionally. You have me droolin' and it's just after lunch. All of a sudden supper's lookin' a long way off !!

That song I haven't heard in forever plus about a century !!

I can be roadie for the musician duo maybe (I do get some experience in the summer helping out a friend who toured with the Beach Boys as a summer gig covering for Brian Wilson ... he puts on a show for the marina every summer).

So you're thinking maybe Mktavish can hook us up with some eats?? Maybe we should bring Niphilim along to broaden his horizons/put some meat on his bones ... whadaya think, eh?

- Edit - Waterworld ... the quote comes from a line Deacon (Dennis Hopper) says (if I'm not working off the memory chip that has read errors and other errata that is).

- Edit 2 - "Well if it isn't the gentleman guppy"

Edited by Striker879

Dennis Hopper, yup, the smoking Deacon. Where did they get all the paper for cigarettes? I don't remember seeing a paper mill onboard with that ship of zombies.

He was taking some stuff to trade when a guy spotted his gills. On the floating city. They caged him to prepare to throw him in the slop ooze.

Niphilim needs some meat on his bones?

Dennis Hopper, yup, the smoking Deacon. Where did they get all the paper for cigarettes? I don't remember seeing a paper mill onboard with that ship of zombies.

He was taking some stuff to trade when a guy spotted his gills. On the floating city. They caged him to prepare to throw him in the slop ooze.

Niphilim needs some meat on his bones?

I love to speculate ... Niphilim just happened to be on the receiving end this time.

Concerning where the cigarette paper comes from, I'll tell you the same thing I tell my grandkids ... "it's only a movie". Not even the laws of physics have jurisdiction in that realm.

Line: Your daughter doesn't say she is a demon; she says she's the devil himself.

All the other dorms came to our dorm party to watch us cut a movie apart for all it's missing parts or props and dress changes of the times of our times. And to partly because we were the only dorm with a big enough parlor so all could watch a bunch of vets that were drafted, who survived Viet Nam, and returned home to get some college time while looking down their noses at us from the Alpha Beta Delta through Zeta dorms to see how we were using the money we earned for college for all the years we spent in the military. Most of us knew their parents were the ones we would be working for when we graduated.

We were prepared to compete to see who found the most props and stuff so far off. Anyone who played, anyone that wanted to, any of the guests as well, to describe stuff in the movie that was out of place or time, and cut it to ribbons.

It was a shock to many of us that we found so few difference to the book in the movie. On the other hand; props, clothing style, hair style, and a few other things got attention.

What was the name of that movie.