what do you do??

joeman9

Ok guys/girls i have been bored in oblivion, and i dont know what to do! so tell me what do you guys/girls do in oblivion?? (besides questing and dungeon diving)

I have become addicted to modding and am spending more time making mods then playing the game.

I like to play Oblivion a variety of ways. If you are bored with Oblivion, you might want to try playing a totally different character class, race, or play-style. If you are always a warrior, try being a mage or a thief. Have you been a vampire? Have you ever been a hermit who avoids cities? Have you played a character of the opposite alignment from what you usually play? You could disable all your mods and try to beat the game plain vanilla with no cheats. You could play a character of the opposite sex. You could play a character with some insane obsession. (Like you could believe that Mehrunes Dagon is plaguing the land with wolves, and that if you can fill your cave completely full of wolf-skins, you will be transformed into a god and become the tenth divine.) You could pick some really bizarre character class like Bard. You could play with the Birthsign Atronach, which is in my opinion, the worst birthsign.

But if Oblivion is boring to you, you might just give it a rest and stop playing it until it sounds really fun again.

• 1 month later...

Atronach birthsign sucks? Wow. :\

Download Realistic Physics, go to dive rock, bring the most annoying NPC , tell him to stay, slice/blast/overpower-thrust/shoot an arrow through his throat and watch him tumble down dive rock. Its much more fun than vanilla oblivion ragdolls.

Play yourself! You can use use one of the alternative start mods-- I like the shipboard start-- and take it from there. Translate what you do IRL into what you could do in Cyrodiil. If you're into the paranormal, go with Mysticism! If you can't read enough true-crime stories, put together your own Investigator class! Can't tolerate fools? maybe you're reborn as a ranger-type, or a hermit. Use your personal flaws for a more interesting storyline. If you're hopelessly uncoordinated, stick to strictly above-the-neck skills like security. If you're angry at the world in general, isn't that what Destruction is for? Tired of being broke? Mercantile and Speechcraft may fix that fast. Speaking of money...

Start penniless, with no gear but what you're wearing-- not even a dagger or a club. Just you and your stats. That means hand-to-hand until you loot your first enemy, and having to scavenge healing supplies from the countryside. (Mod tip: Maybe save up for a bolt of cloth, then activate one of the portable bedroll mods?)

For a psychological edge-- how would you handle the reality of literally fighting for your life on a regular basis? Maybe instead of skipping from dungeon to dungeon, you spend a day or two in the local chapel, or in a quiet corner of the woods, trying to get your head together. After all, in this scenario, you don't know if you're ever going home. It makes joining a guild a very smart move, too. After all, if you use the mod above, you're either disembarking in the IC or Anvil. Imagine just popping up in London, or Moscow, or Washington DC, with nothing but your clothes, and no idea what happened. If you keep in mind that a city of either size would have hundreds of people pushing past you and each other, the idea of having SOME allies, especially fighters and mages, becomes much more appealing.

Anyway. Sorry for the novel, but I've obviously had a LOT of fun with this concept. :biggrin: