Things that dont make sence FO3 version

iavor55

Good/Evil is a judgement placed on others. Whose definition of good/evil are you using? Personally I do not believe in the concepts of good or evil.

The question of good and evil has been long settled. There is no dispute over what it means, and only pride would dictate otherwise. The truth of the matter is that evil is not only "lame" in any realistic sense, it is also self-defeating. There is simply nothing worth gaining that requires you to destroy others to get it.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a lot of inconsistencies, unexplained, background-less things going on in FO3, but some stood out like huge, glowing question marks.

The pool in Megaton hosting the unexploded bomb is irradiated. My PC stands in it to fulfill Moira's quest. Yet, the preacher-dude stands in that puddle seemingly 24/7 and lives on.

Doing above quest mutates my PC, heck, it even gives her a perk because of said mutation. However, when she (my PC) uses the mutated FEV in the purifier, she lives on (having Ms. Lyons do the activation, of course), while almost everyone else dies.

I have Hawkes and Charon with me at the time, one more or less immune to radiation, the other one actually gets healed by it. Yet, both refuse to help their 'leader' out by stepping in and punching in the code. (I don't have any DLC's and I wont get them - unless I find them in the bargain bins)

D.C. looks like it was hit by carpet bombing of the non-nuclear kind, plus the whole wasteland looks as if the bombs fell 10 - maybe 20 years before, not 200. I know it's build on how the 50's people viewed nukes, but being called 'Fallout 3', it should have at least stood by the cannon of FO/FO2 a little bit.

The White House is still heavily irradiated, but step a few feet away from the fences, and lo and behold, no more radiation.

The elevator in the monument still works? What? I've lived in the area while going to University in the US (in the City of Bethesda, no less, which is often called a suburb of D.C., objections from Bethesda's citizens notwithstanding). The whole of the monument shouldn't be standing any longer, let alone with working elevators.

Harold's (oh, poor Harold) seeds are 'blown about by the wind to grow vegetation', but said wind miraculously doesn't blow those seeds outside the settlement of Oasis. Stopped cold by the wooden fences. Strong fences, I say, with invisible shields above.

When Moriarty dies, Gob and Nova run the bar, they even change the sign. Yet, Gob still lives in fear of Moriarty, his dialogue never changes. Mayhap Moriarty's ghost haunts the bar?

Killing Roy the Ghoul gives me 'bad' Karma. Okay, I can live with that, life can throw you curve-balls where you have nothing but a lose/lose situation. I can live with that. But after discovering the carnage, I still get 'bad' Karma killing Roy and his disciples. So I guess getting justice for the murdered is... bad? Trying to stop a mass-murdering psychopath from repeating this over and over on people around the wasteland is... bad? How come?

There are so many more inconsistencies, unexplained happenings, and just bad parts in this game, I won't be getting the DLC's unless I find them somewhere cheap. I'll go back to Daggerfall, Morrowind and even Oblivion. With the help of the wonderful modding community here and elsewhere, Oblivion keeps staying alive despite its obvious flaws. Aside from this, FO3 made me buy FO/FO2, and boy do I love those.

Doing above quest mutates my PC, heck, it even gives her a perk because of said mutation. However, when she (my PC) uses the mutated FEV in the purifier, she lives on (having Ms. Lyons do the activation, of course), while almost everyone else dies.

those seeds outside the settlement of Oasis. Stopped cold by the wooden fences. Strong fences, I say, with invisible shields above.

I always wondered about that. As Eden told me it would wipe away all mutated forms, I always declined to use the FEV even when playing Bad Karma. I -apparently wrongly- assumed if I implemented the FEV I would inevitably be killed as well -having gotten the mutation related to Moira's Survival Guide quest.

Alehazar

I thought so too, but in my second play-through I went to vault 87 the front way. Just to see what was going on, you know. I was caught in the intense radiation, and only barely survived.

But then I did the ending as I described in the other post, and survived despite being irradiated almost to death, which most certainly would have caused my DNA to change at least some. I decided to re-load a save from before going to vault 87 and do Moira's quest. I was quite surprised that I survived the Eden inspired holocaust in spite of being mutated to the point of acquiring a perk from it.

those seeds outside the settlement of Oasis. Stopped cold by the wooden fences. Strong fences, I say, with invisible shields above.

I always wondered about that. As Eden told me it would wipe away all mutated forms, I always declined to use the FEV even when playing Bad Karma. I -apparently wrongly- assumed if I implemented the FEV I would inevitably be killed as well -having gotten the mutation related to Moira's Survival Guide quest.

Alehazar

it actually does affect you. if you download Broken Steel and use the FEV virus, then if you drink like 4 bottles of purified water the virus kills you.

I thought so too, but in my second play-through I went to vault 87 the front way. Just to see what was going on, you know. I was caught in the intense radiation, and only barely survived.

How'd you do that? I tgm'd it one day and it was up to 4,000 rads per second

___

Why are there 1-3 nuka cola bottles in EVERY vending machine? Realisticly, there would be none at all (they had already been consumed) Or there would be 50, considering thats how many are in a vending machine.

My PC was highly Rad-resistant (modded suit, prior perks, etc.), plus Rad Away. 4000, wow. It never got that high with her, I guess she wasn't close enough yet. She was hit by 700+ and I immediately went into TGM, got her out of there, and pumped her full of RadX, Brahmin Milk, and anything else she had on her.

Usually I would've let her die and re-load, because I believe cheating cuts into the game experience. However, I hadn't saved in a long time, so I chickened out. I really didn't want to play all over again.

As far as downloading a DLC goes, no thank you. I want a disc, and if I ever get a FO3 DLC, it will be from the bargain bin.

It might sound childish, but I was very put out that the game ended so quickly, and about the way it ended. You see, I did the MQ first, and was quite shocked that the game was over afterward. I re-played ignoring the MQ, sure, but I never really got into the game again. Don't get me wrong, the game isn't so bad, but it wasn't worth what I payed for it, in my personal opinion.

I've been keeping an eye on the modders, and when I find everything I want, I'll most certainly try again. Meanwhile I play other games. I re-installed Morrowind, and I'm in the process of checking the MW modding communities for new things to try out.

Perhaps one day a big team effort will mod the game Fallout 3 into something more playable.

It they can do it with Hellgate London (and they are) then anything is possible.

well here's a couple more things:

1. if you have Broken Steel, you can send companions into pro. pur., however the end credits still b*tchslap you for not going in there yourself. UHM hello ? I send in someone (lets take Fawkes, if he can survive +900 rads in front of vault 87, he should not have a problem surviving the 20 rads you get from activing the purifier (this is messed up as well, from entering the room till you entered the code and its all good, i end up with like 40 rads if I'm slow and this is in underwear without rad. res. perks or rad-x, srsly. i could punch in the code run around that thing 5 times and leave before i got 500 rads in total) who is immune to radiation just so everyone can live happily ever after and i get the same audio i would have gotten if i send lyons in there ?

then we have point lookout: how the hell do you get the feeling thats your brainpiece in the jar ?

sure, who doesn't walk in a room full of jars with brains and simply pick one cause you feel like its yours. wouldn't have killed anyone if they just went with something like: "you look at the jar and see that it has your name on it" after all, you spend 1 freakin month on that boat, its fair to assume that you tell tober your name during the cruise.

then we got uncle leo, you tell him to hand over everything he has and he tells you its a gift - WTF?!

also a mess up in scripting i think it is: first time i encountered uncle leo was close to an area that had normal sups, and i just had a fatman equipped , so I see a sup, i blow him up. uncle leo spallters all over the place.

uncle leo can be killed by everyone/everything unless you try to reverse pickpocket him, then he turns hostile and gets flagged essential, this is pretty much the only time he doesn't run from a fight and you have no chance of winning.

next one: for vault-tec being all over the place, it makes no sense that there is literally nothing of value in the vault-tec headquarters, not to mention that its a pain to get to the building and its only an optional. one would assume, since its the godd*mn headquarter, there'd be some kind of übervault around that still has residents (offspring from vault-tec headquarters vaultdwellers) but all they have is a mentioned "demonstration" vault, thats supposed to be functional, but doesn't offer anything special compared to normal vaults. there ain't even a bobblehead in that building. that entire building is a waste of space, not to mention that its bugged and if you do stuff not in the correct order, you can't even get to the mainframe without console unlocking the door.

there's loads of stuff goin down in post-apocalyptia and none of it makes sense.

btw. someone mentioned bryan and lamplight, you can put him there, thats the neutral karma solution (good = vera and bad + a bag a caps = slavers)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm VERY new to Fallout 3, but heres the things.

Why drinking from urinal in Men Restroom in Megaton gives you the same effects as the sink in the same place?

Why as soon as you escaped from Vault, that lady running the shop with Wasteland Survival Guide in Megaton knows about you?

Why drinking the water from puddle near the nuke in Megaton gives you the same effects as the toilet water?

If you stand near the nuke addict telling the stories, you'll see that you get 1 radiation per second, while he remains unnafected?

Why when you try to pick the Easy lock, when your skill is 24 pipboy is starting to tell you a joke about not enough skill?

Why the mighty Overseer got killed in one shot when I accidentally missed the enemy officer?

Why there's no purified water in the Vault? They're only from sinks I know, but what if you're at the work, can't you just take some with you?

Why, just why when I shoot radroaches they don't explode? They got the same chance to explode as people, but the legs! I hit the legs with gun in VATS, and nothing.