Alternative Start Simpler Version Request

daventry

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9557/?

I know about the Alternate Start - Live Another Life Mod by Arthmoor, but how does it effect the Helgen Starting point with Alduin or can you just go to Helgen with the City already Destroyed.

If i start the Game differently with that Mod, do you still Report to the Jarl of Whiterun that Helgen is Destroyed and does the Gate Guard still say the City is closed with the Dragon about.

Wheres Ralof and Hadvar.

Are there Mod Conflicts with that Mod, because i hope that Mod doesent effect Racial Powers or Perks, hence i have Mods for that. Thats why im asking for a Simpler Vanilla Character Starting Point.

I suppose you can just Install Helgen Reborn, because with that Mod you must First Escape Helgen and then activate the Mod.

Anyway, i would like the Character Creation to immediately start just like ASLAL, then when you are done setting up your Character, you just sleep in the Bed with No Statue and Start the Game outside the City depending on the Race you chose.

You shouldent get a list of starting places to choose from, you should start the Game with your Character Race in Prison Clothing depending on who you are at the City that seems Logical for your Race.

The reason for not the List feels Unrealistic, i mean you are a First Timer in Skyrim, so why would you Immediately have a House or be part of the Companions or be a Guard of a Khajiit Caravan or start the Game somewhere in the middle of a City with Gear and all. No, you are a Prisoner and should Suffer like a Lowlife.

The only Logical Starting Point i see from the List of ASLAL is the Shipwreck one.

Altmer:

Start the Game outside the gates of Northwatch Keep with nothing but your Prison Clothes.

Argonian:

Start the Game outside the gates of Morthal with nothing but your Prison Clothes.

Bosmer:

Start the Game outside the gates of Falkreath with nothing but your Prison Clothes.

Breton:

Start the Game outside the gates of Winterhold with nothing but your Prison Clothes.

Dunmer:

Start the Game outside the gates of Windhelm with nothing but your Prison Clothes. - I would like a Starting Point in Solstheim at Ravenrock, but many People dont have Dragonborn.

Imperial:

Start the Game outside the gates of Solitude with nothing but your Prison Clothes.

Khajiit:

Start the Game outside the gates of Riften with nothing but your Prison Clothes.

Nord:

Start the Game outside the gates of Windhelm with nothing but your Prison Clothes. - The Dunmer would start here aswell, depends on if People dont have Dragonborn.

Orc: Start the Game outside the gates of an Orc Stronghold with nothing but your Prison Clothes. - I guess you would start the Forgemaster's Fingers Quest immediately if that happens, thus the Stronghold you should start at must have a Box Message to tell you at witch Stronghold you would like to start from.

Redguard:

Start the Game outside the gates of Markarth with nothing but your Prison Clothes.

Now that you are outside the Chosen Race City, a Quest should pop up that says Talk to a City Guard where he (Vanilla) tells you about Helgen being Destroyed by a Dragon to avoid Silent Dialogues the ASLAL Mod gives, so another Quest should pop up that says Investigate Helgen.

Now when you find Hadvar and Ralof, a Vanilla Voice (if there is one) should ask to give one of them a Potion when they ask for it. So now you choose who to help.

Edited by daventry

With LAL, you can just go to Helgen anytime you want and you will see Alduin just as he leaves the town. You will find a corpse inside the town with a journal. Read it and it will point you where to find Ralof and Hadvar. You can only choose one of them to save, then the part where you go to Riverwood starts.

Plus some of your suggestions won't make sense. Why would you be in prison clothes if you aren't a prisoner?

When you start the Game with LAL is there a Quest that tells you to go to Helgen, because with that Mod, i would play Half the Game where the Helgen Reborn Mod would completely mess everything up, so i think its Important to Force the Player to get to Helgen, then Activate Helgen Reborn.

The reason for starting in Prison Clothing is the fact that you are a Lowlife in Prison Clothing as a sort of a punishment, so now you can just enter the City to get Money somehow and Buy Clothes for you to wear.

Edited by daventry

You get a quest about rumors of war activity in Helgen, which you follow until you arrive at the settlement and as chanchan05 said - find a body with a journal - you continue on from there until it brings you back round to the normal game quest of going to Riverwood.

When choosing any of the LAL options you start off with a set of clothing/armour/weapons suitable for that beginning, so you won't pop up as a tavern patron in prison rags, like for starting as a homeowner in one of the towns, or a guild member.

From the readme (which is on the mod's page):

Starting the Main Quest
=======================

Skyrim has a lot more flexibility in pursuit of the main quest, even when playing the default Helgen scenario. Alduin's appearance does not force one to pursue the main quest beyond Helgen. So this mod is mainly providing a mechanism to bypass Helgen and not encounter Alduin either. The game will patiently wait for you to follow along. So there's no special effort really needed to avoid it, just don't do it :)

For most starts, you'll be given an initial quest to investigate rumors of war activity near Helgen. Ask around, people will point you where you need to go to follow this. It will eventually lead you to the encounter with Alduin in the campsite near Helgen. From there, the main quest starts in earnest and you can go straight to the Jarl in Whiterun, or follow the objectives to the corpse and into the cave with Hadvar and Ralof.

Choosing the campsite start skips the startup quest, you will begin immediately with the encounter with Alduin. Choosing a civil war start bypasses all of this, by necessity, so you won't need to deal with Helgen at all.

Using this mod to follow the default Helgen sequence will play out the same as the vanilla game.

Im not fond of Silent Voices with Text, thats why im asking for a Simpler Version of ASLAL

Just hear it from a City Guard and your on your way.

The only Mod i have with Silent Voice Text is the Paarthurnax Dilemma Mod where we tell Delphine to stick it and that one i can forgive, since theres no Voice Actress to match Delphine.

Edited by daventry

And on a similar note, no voice actors to match Hadvar or Ralof either :P

Besides, voice acting isn't as easy to secure as you seem to think. It took quite awhile before someone finally agreed to do the Mara statue.

• 1 month later...
I don't really understand what you're asking. LaL is already oretty simple. Make character, choose scenario (or not), sleep, BOOM, play. The Helgen start is automatically disabled if you use Helgen Reborn.

I think the reason you're allowed to pick something like that is because people were a little miffed that they HAD to be new to Skyrim and couldn't have, oh you know, actually lived there. Because we all know that people join a civil war in a place their second month living there, right?

EDIT: What confuses me is that apparently he wants the parts of the mod that add choice out. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of alternate starts?

Edited by Guest

If you just want a quick way to start without the cart ride and head chopping the Dimes Quickstart mod will allow you to start the game in the last section of the cave (just before you start the journey down the road to Riverwood). The only choice you get is who it was that saved you (Ralof or Hadvar). Simple and quick.

If you return to Helgen later you will see it all destroyed as per the normal game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8207/?

Cheers,

dePog