I just Installed A Mod that I downloaded

SGTDRE

Hello all, New kid on the block here.

And yes I'm A Real Honest To Goodness N00B to all the Modding and such, I just downloaded this mod.

"Area 51 WHAT - Weapon of Hybridized Alien Technology"

I started the Launcher and ticked the box for the above to load the plug in, everything looks good, but now how or where do I find the item once I start up the game, or is there something else I need to do.

Like run G.E.C.K. to place the item in to the game world?

Thanks much

SGTDRE

Depends... did you read the read me?

EDIT:

Like this part

========

The Area 51 WHAT, taken from Area 51, was transported to Fort Constantine for protection from suspected Chinese spies. For all you cheaters, the ID is xx00154E

A sneaky raider was able to get past all the robots and he snatched the Mk. 2! Check the nearby raider outposts! For all you cheaters, the ID is xx002FF5

Next time (and to avoid people hounding/flaming you) read all the documentation carefully...

I got this from the description...

Next time it may not be someone who is in a good mood that reads your post first... (Sorry if this sounds rude)

>.<

Enjoy

Yes I did read that But was not sure if that is where it would be, or if that is where is was found and uploaded here here for others to use, I only know of this item because, I saw a Short Video on You Tube.

But thanks for reply

SGTDRE

Depends... did you read the read me?

EDIT:

Like this part

========

The Area 51 WHAT, taken from Area 51, was transported to Fort Constantine for protection from suspected Chinese spies. For all you cheaters, the ID is xx00154E

A sneaky raider was able to get past all the robots and he snatched the Mk. 2! Check the nearby raider outposts! For all you cheaters, the ID is xx002FF5

Next time (and to avoid people hounding/flaming you) read all the documentation carefully...

I got this from the description...

Next time it may not be someone who is in a good mood that reads your post first... (Sorry if this sounds rude)

>.<

Enjoy

the XX are the mod number.

if you had say 6 moad files loaded and it was the last one it would be 01.

shameless plug but you can find the rest of the models(the modder used my gun model) here http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4470.

Its actually a set, cannon rifle and pistol in the same theme.

IM actually quite appaled at the number of people that think he made the model, he states quite clearly he didnt.

I dont actually mind NOT getting credit, but I dont like someone else getting credit for my work, ive already had one guy PM me about me stealing the WHAT guys model and how much of a lowlife I am for stealing otherpeoples work....

Ok... I had GECK open so I thought, hell, why not... DL'ed the mod and opened it up and found both guns... Ones in (What the GECK says) the CO Quarters of Fort Constantine and the other is on top of a (What appears to be) a raider controlled satellite dish array... If this helps...

Sorry if I am giving away secrets or what not... but hay...

>.<

@ Phoynix: That has got to be annoying... from what I saw in the geck they look really good... great job dude! +Kudos for the great models...

indeed that readme does not do a good work in explaining how to get the item, better would be creating a quest to give them the 'easy way' ...

To get them by using the console that "xx" the index need to be found and it is the mod's position in the load order (in hexadecimal) ...

for example... if the mod is the eleventh (counting all 'actives' ESMs and ESPs) the xx becomes 0A (the counting begins in 00 ) after the convertion

11 - 1 = 10 = 0A (hex)

any utility that list the load order and gives that number can be used directly, the exact index shown to the mod. If not, you have to count them and use the calculator (in Scientific mode) to do the conversion.

Hope this help.

PS: the console command is : player.additem objID #

where the objID is that hexadecimal found in the last step and # is the number of items to be added, normally 1, but it NEED to be placed.

IM actually quite appaled at the number of people that think he made the model, he states quite clearly he didnt.

That just goes to show how many people don't read anything that modders write about their mods. What kind of git will take the time to PM a flame to someone but not take the time to read the truth first?

@OP I think the first place to ask this sort of question is in the comments section of the mod's display page. The author is more likely to see it there and he should be the most informed regarding questions about his mod.

shameless plug but you can find the rest of the models(the modder used my gun model) here http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4470.

I dont actually mind NOT getting credit, but I dont like someone else getting credit for my work, ive already had one guy PM me about me stealing the WHAT guys model and how much of a lowlife I am for stealing otherpeoples work....

you should pm him & tell him to put a link to yours in the descripton as the origonal model.

iv never got it working frm there about 3 downloads.

i KNOW what you mean and understand, believe me I would never try to clame another's work. It is just what I saw in the you tube video and looked like a Kick Ars weapon, and figured well I might as well get my feet well and try using it. I have yet to load up the game, so I was trying to place it in to megaton player house, but it shows up as all RED and when I went to complete the process it asked to save and name A file I was not sure what to do so I just closed out G.E.C.K. and figured that I would take a better look at some help files. And I thank you for that info. But I must say that if this thing does what I saw in the Video, I want it and would even put your name on it if I could

you know something like " Product of Phoynix Corp" :)