Dual-Wield Mod, allready done?

JakeVicious666

• 7 months later...

Yeah.

Besides, of all the things that even might qualify, attempting to recreate the lobby scene of the first Matrix is probably one of the most enormous wastes of resources possible. Wasteland survival is all about efficiency, not BALLS TO THE WALL ACTION.

Even ignoring that aesthetic perspective-- they called it. The game is specifically built for use of one weapon at a time, and even if you could manage to put a second gun in the other hand, it'd be little more than eye candy-- assuming the animations didn't eventually screw things up.

Duel Wielding, like Multiplayer, will never, ever happen in Fallout 3.

That was kind of defeated by the Pitt DLC since after that you can make you own ammo, plus you can in theory disable tracers and muzzle flashes

• 1 month later...

Maybe a posible way is to make a hole new set of weapons (both melee and ranged) that trigger the dual wield animation. In that way, you wouldn`t have the different ammo problem, though you could not use, say a 10mm gun and a .32 revolver at the same time.

Same would happend with melle weapons, making a set of dual wield chinnese swords or police batons or whatever.

Besides doing a hole new group would also leave the vanilla guns alone

It would totally be eye candy but until a better solution is found, i gotta say i don`t care, i would like that anyway.

The animations shouldn`t be a problem, you should only increase the attack speed to compensate the other weapon, but appart from that it shouldn`t be any different than the one hand attack, in fact, the game would "think" you are just using a very fast one handed weapon.

Of course, making the new animations will require some skill, but let`s face it, if people can make dancing animations this should be easy.

To all those who think it wolud not fit with the game aesthetics: please, there are mods adding things like a Batman suit or even super powers. If you think this is the mod that would break the lore i`m sorry to tell you but that ship has sailed... long ago.

Evilneko: Actually it`s better to bring back old threads than creating lots of new ones about the same, don`t you agree?

Edited by Vartoz

• 2 months later...

Yeah.

Besides, of all the things that even might qualify, attempting to recreate the lobby scene of the first Matrix is probably one of the most enormous wastes of resources possible. Wasteland survival is all about efficiency, not BALLS TO THE WALL ACTION.

Even ignoring that aesthetic perspective-- they called it. The game is specifically built for use of one weapon at a time, and even if you could manage to put a second gun in the other hand, it'd be little more than eye candy-- assuming the animations didn't eventually screw things up.

Duel Wielding, like Multiplayer, will never, ever happen in Fallout 3.

If efficiency is key in, "wasteland survival", I am sure you are an expert on it by the way. Then why, oh why, are there gatling guns which expend massed amounts of ammo with no semblance of accuracy?

If this was real wasteland survival, like they made this game to really dig on realism, then hardcore mode would be the only mode, ammo would be as scarce as water, and a headshot is an instant kill on anything but an amorphous mutant blob.

Plain and simple, dual wielding is smart, but in limitations. Only certain weapons have the "can be dual-wielded" on them, and most of them would be small arms and the sawed-off shotgun.

I would like to see dual wielding, weapons with durability status, as in the more you use it without cleaning or fixing it up, it will jam. Or you find just rusty weapons, or makeshift guns that only have whatever bullets in them that you picked it up because the rust is jamming the clip into place, etc.

Things like this are in a few different games, Farcry 2 having rusty weapons and jamming, no game has perfected dual wielding guns, because it is difficult to perfect, some people want it one way, some another. Hell I know someone who wanted dual wielding miniguns.

Point is, there are lots of ideas about how someone should play a game, but opinions are all yours, and bringing in the, "its not halo/CoD," bull is unbecoming, just because you can effectively dual wield pistols and small arms in either game.

It would fit in fallout, because its a world built on the previous one, and you cannot tell me, not even once, that someone didn't see two pistols and say, "hey, what if I used both instead of one?"

No. Also 2 swords=/=2guns. 2 guns requires 2 sources of bullets, 2 mag reloads, 2 shell ejection ports and 2 hands held correctly. In short: to do this you need to have 4 things that are impossible... well 1 is imposssible without screwing over every other pistol type weapon.

I do understand why it's harder for guns and why dual-attack animations are a pain in the rear, but TBH I would even settle for holding a melee weapon in the off-hand for the looks. It doesn't even have to do anything at all, except be held. I wish I knew how to do that...

"Armor List: The Form List containing Armor, or Armor Addons, which an actor will wear when they equip the weapon. For example, the Shishkebab uses a Form List containing the Armor Addon "ARMAShishkebabGlove" (an oven mitt worn on the right hand)."

Imagine instead of the oven mitt being worn on the right hand, it is worn on the left. And that it isn't an oven mitt... it is melee weapon.

When you equip the weapon you will at least appear to hold 2 weapons... except the hand probably won't really close properly around it. Unless you tweak the animation. Which is doable ,and it wouldn't even invalidate other weapons animations, you'd never notice the hand being held in a sort of grip like fashion. but you might notice it not holding the weapon correctly.