Playable Fallout Mech

devinpatterson

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, how tragic.

Any idea what's left to do before we've got it sorted?

I think most of the stuff is listed in the thread; requests like the radar, bugs like alienzerox has found, misc stuff (reducing falling damage, etc). I'd say knocking out some of the keys (which are easy) and building new weapon models (which is moderate) are the things I'm most likely to work on next.

I also noticed somthing that bugged me, when I was walking in the mech. Should the camera shake because when I move around, and should the camera be bit slower?

are you using the enhanced camera mod? ... I was and when I removed it everything was so much better.

my bug report

VATS still operational in the mech good if we want that function with weapons that will be mounted on the mech ... crouch and sneak is also active ... I still have blurry vision but I know what is causing it ( I am using an enhanced zoom mod )

okie dokie ---> my thoughts are that so far so good ... it's stable I ran around in it for 2 real time hours without a CTD but I would have loved to have a mini map overlay to see where I was going and not have fatigue enabled while piloting because that does not make sense

It's getting near one busiest times of the year, so we all understand if you break here or there, we got you back man. Or at least I do, I don't know about the other...

Edited by jesterskull25

It's getting near one busiest times of the year, so we all understand if you break here or there,

It's actually RL I could use a break from, but enough of my whining. Regarding the next steps, I'm going to work on finishing up the new mech model (the pic on the 1st post of this thread) and at least one hand cannon.

So off the top of my head we need to address a few issues. I think it would be best to knock out vats completely, considering the problems it creates (which alienzerox has detailed), but it *might* be possible to side step those.

i like writing code. got any scripts for me to write

Sure, if you could hit a few issues it would save me time and allow me to focus more on the models etc.

#1 hook the vats menumode (1056) and shut it down, have it exit under the block, and you'll need to do the setscale again (I think I used 3.3, but check the script) as vats defaults the armor back to 1.0.

#2 knock out the mousewheel, it's allowing weapon selection (even though I'll be making the weapon unequipable in the next version), bypassing the disablePlayerControls function. NVSE has a disableControl or disableKey and the directX code for the mousewheel should be listed on NVSE's documentation page.

#3 change the falldamange setting. With setscale, what can look like a fairly modest drop (say, one mech sized body height) can be terminal to lower level characters, as the player will take a hit equivilant to 3.3 as far. Make sure to use setNumericGameSetting not setGameSetting.

*Note* we may also want to swap some of the damage settings for the the damage formula while in the mech. By changing them (ie raising the minimum damage that gets through, in the DT formula) we can make the mech immune to small arms fire. The way it's currently setup you take 20% of damage no matter how much DT you have....even if it's a freak'n BB gun.

#4 if you could troubleshoot why the getEquippedObject function isn't storing the helmet and upper body armor for alienzerox (or is fubard somewhere in the process). He's reporting that when exiting (unequiping) the mech he's naked. That shouldn't be happening, as I'm hooking a equipment slot via getEquippedObject, storing it in a var and using it with equipItem to put the items back on when exiting the mech.

There's a lot more, but off the top of my head (without being able to check my notes or the mod in geck) those are some issues to start with.