Its lame to be Evil.....

evilmicevil

Have you ever noticed that most of all of the evil things you can do in fallout you only do cuz your an jackass not just a crook who wants to make it big quick, i mean think about blowing up megaton that punk said he would pay you...what was it....... 500 caps to slaughter at least 30 people and leave a black cloud over the smoked hole you made that will be there for hundreds of years to come.....and what 500 caps i know you get a home in the deal later but remember you didnt know that at the time......know that, thats just no fun all you get is a lame house next to a bunch of rich snobs and 500 caps.....also another lame evil moment, you've battled your way threw hundreds of deadly enclave troops make your way to the top of the moble platform and now you come to a computer with the launch codes and the targets.......and you decide to blow up the brotherhood of steel mine base in DC.....why....you felt like it.........WHAT!! it doesnt make any sense why would you just kill the people you worked with for so long for no reason other then just being a jackass i like a reason to be evil like you hungry and dieing in the wasteland...then you see a family with food so you hold em up and take it...and maybe shoot one of them if they move...those are good reasons to be Evil....not just...i felt like it

but fallout did have two good Evil parts in it like tranquility lane and the pitt in tranquility lane as we all know you were locked in with no way out then to play along with the evil deeds of some man who seemingly lost his mind a long time ago...and the pitt where you had to deside what to do with a town of slaves and a family and there baby

its not that i just don't like to be Evil in games i know for a fact that i do, i played both Fables and walked down a endless path of mayhem while i did i just need a good reason to be a bad person

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reference to what I think you are implying here: A bunch of master criminals planned to rob a train. They succeeded. After getting the loot though another mystery occurred. In which some say, "They Great Train Robbery" was a failure. So again, it is the amount of cash and the lazy lifestyle being rich evokes in us that spawns Evil and I agree with you in respect to your post, and it's the PRIZE which sweetens the challenge whether being EVIL or good. Without Evil the NPC family member who challenged you, you mention doing in would not have gotten you thinking to do one of them in.

And your story might have ended with, "The nice people saved me by sharing a sandwich with me." instead of the threat of one of them causing you to flinch and kill him. Muaah ha ha haaa.

I found many Evil acts were overlooked in the Good Guy actions that should have brought the characters Karma down, but did not. While other acts where, "Finding a trader and his bunch had been ambushed by raiders I picked them clean" we get treated as though we became EVIL. And now my mind has switched sides I am going to kill all good people in Fallout 3, just because their guardian Karma watchers kept spanking me when I did nothing Wrong. tee hee teheheh heh, waaaaah, Muah ha ha ha Haaaa!

It isn't just evil that gets shafted. Being good is frequently "lame" as well (see: Tenpenny Tower, Oasis, Trouble on the Homefront, Nuka-Cola Challenge, Blood Ties, Strictly Business, and pretty much the whole main quest). In theme park terms, we get a lot of slides and bumper cars in this game, and few geniune roller coasters.

I just do what I feel like or need to do to survive. As one of the tips says something like "If you slight someone, prepare to pay with your life." Sure, but the same applies to everyone else. Give my character some sass when she has full power armour and a fully automatic increased clip combat shotgun? Well....you pay for it. Silly rude NPCs. As far as it goes, I don't care what the Karma system says about me. Considering how many people I've murdered, stolen from and the various other nasty things I've done apparently my karma is still towards the good end of the spectrum. heh.

It isn't just evil that gets shafted. Being good is frequently "lame" as well (see: Tenpenny Tower, Oasis, Trouble on the Homefront, Nuka-Cola Challenge, Blood Ties, Strictly Business, and pretty much the whole main quest). In theme park terms, we get a lot of slides and bumper cars in this game, and few geniune roller coasters.

Yes I recall, After being a good guy and getting the Ghouls into Tenpenny Tower I went back to their private metro underground lair and picked a few items up only to find, YOU GUESSED IT, Bad Karma, bad, Bad Karma. Ding, ding!

Oasis?! What? I missed something there?! Something to knock my kind spirit another notch down into the evil dark place just below my heaven seeking brain cells? What?

In oasis you can set Harold on fire to kill him for a Karma loss.

Some of the scripted quest choices for good or evil are fairly lame, but I think it's more than your quest choices that make you evil, it's what you do every day in the game on a regular basis. If you are a thief and take everything of value that's not nailed down, no matter who owns it. If you kill anybody who even looks at you funny or has an attitude that gets under your skin. If you give in to your baser urges and consume the corpses of your victims. It's things like enslaving defenseless children (Bumble & Bryan Wilkes). For me it's the small things you do under your own initiative because you take pleasure in causing misery that make you evil, not the the large things that you get a reward for. I think there are plenty of opportunities to act like a truly evil person present in Fallout 3, it's just a matter of how you look at it.

@First post: The problem with the end of Broken Steel is that you can only choose between the mobile base and the citadel. I understand that an evil character would not destroy the base, but maybe something different than the citadel. Bombing the base is pretty senseless anyway, since the soldiers are dead already and the BOS could use it's technology. Maybe an evil character could bomb something to impress a gang. Be that in The Pitt or Point Lookout.

most of the targeting options are rather stupid, why bomb the rather useful and tech filled mobile base, or the brotherhood that has helped you for so long, there's no reason to bomb ether rivet city or the purifier.

the target that should have been on that list was vault 87. sure it was built to survive a nuclear near miss, but we've seen how little damage the nukes of 2077 did to Washington. the concentrated orbital bombardment may have been able to destroy the vault, or at least cave in the entrance and deny the super mutants a way in or out.