[WANTED] A Dalek!

AlienSlof

Before I plunge in and have to make one myself, I was hoping there might already be a Dalek model made out there that I could use to save a bit of time. It doesn't need to be animated, a static will do just as well.

Daleks.

They've always been my favourite Dr Who bad guys, though I find them more funny than scary!

I would be very grateful for any help. :)

Thank you very much! I got a blend file one from TurboSquid for a nominal price!

I am much grateful! :thumbsup:

It will save me a lot of modelling time - I just need to UV and texture him up. :)

I know for a fact that there is another modder on these forums that has one already in-game but due to copyright issues with the BBC, he never released it (same issue I had over the creation of the Cyberman armor).

I also have a Blender model by SamTherapy (100,000+ verts) and a heavy weapons model (author unknown) (23,000+ verts)

LHammonds

I did m a Dalek (almost 1 year ago ) , now I did improved it, and I am proud of my new model.

Since I can make animation now, I could make some Dalek companions (creature) with sound and animation, but sadly BBC dont want to.

I am a big fan of Dr Who BTW http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/135/tardspin04.gif

Looks like I won't be releasing my Dalek for public use then! Not that it matters, as I want it for my own game anyway. My Xiv boy and his companions use the TARDIS mod for their housing needs, and I wanted a Dalek as an ornament.

However, if you're still interested in animating them, I'd love those models set up as companions!

Exterminate!

Been a Dr Who fan since the first episode - so deliciously different from anything else. :)

However, if you're still interested in animating them, I'd love those models set up as companions!

Well yes, do you want animation for your mesh or mine ?

Looks like I won't be releasing my Dalek for public use then!

When it's done, we could share the mod via PM ? (not only you and me)

That sounds good with me! Do you have a pic of your mesh? If it's significantly different, we could use both meshes. Animation set should work for either. Do you know how to do sounds for it too?

I have no problems with sharing them privately. :)

I've converted the quads to triangles on the model now. I just need to assign materials and uv it, and check its positioning, then it's ready to be textured.