⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Premature Release  

225 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of quest's would you like to see the most?

• Quests that introduces well written characters and well written stories.
    • Quests that have riddles and mysteries that you need to solve.
    • Stories that draws upon the Elder Scrolls Lore, and delves deep into many of the unanswered questions in the Elder Scrolls Universe. (Even though we know we're probably getting a biased answer, or probably not a complete answer)
    • Quests that will allow you to explore places you've never been before, or discover places where you thought there was nothing.
    • Quests pop out of nowhere and surprises you
    • I don't really care for stories, or concepts, or anything! I am the Dragonborn! Just point me in the general direction you want slashing!
  2. 2. Do you like the outfits created by this mod? Would you like to see more of these in the project?

• I love it! Make as many as you can!
    • I think this one plain shirt with a few belt and color variations is enough.
    • I do not like what you have made.
    • I think there are enough vanilla outfits in the game. Why create new ones?
    • I have no opinion on the matter.

samv96UK you probably are not going to read this but, can you add a another Fletcher shop to Skyrim ( Bow and Arrow shop)? Currently in the game there are 2, The drunken huntsman, and the Fletcher shop in Solitude; I am a archer in this game, but sadly there is little ways of buying arrows and I hope that you can change that. With hope for this mod- Kaine411

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

samv96UK you probably are not going to read this but, can you add a another Fletcher shop to Skyrim ( Bow and Arrow shop)? Currently in the game there are 2, The drunken huntsman, and the Fletcher shop in Solitude; I am a archer in this game, but sadly there is little ways of buying arrows and I hope that you can change that. With hope for this mod- Kaine411

Another fletcher shop? Of course I can! Unless of course your referencing your message to samv96UK who is working on a completely different mod called Rochebere, I would suggest you post your question to him there. Anyhow what I've built already is a guildhall in Falkreath known as the Hunter's Guild. When I start implementing quests I hope to make a guild-chain there for those who like to play as a hunter. The point is that inside the guildhall there is a bow and arrow vendor. I've planned on adding a fletcher shop to the Riften dock district, as well as add a fletcher to Windhelm. Does this sound good? :smile:

Here is a link to samv96UK's forum page for Rochebere, so if it is him your asking you should post it on his forum page! :smile:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/705069-rochebere-a-brand-new-city-coming-soon/page-49

Edited by Galandil

Here is my fifth trailer for the Mod Project.

This time its the Solitude Dock Tunnel. I've divided Solitude into 4 "levels", and each will have its own trailer. At any rate, hope you will enjoy the second trailer in the Solitude series :wink:

It always bothered me how you could enter a sort of shabby mine-gate down by the sea and get instantly teleported to the top of the mountain. I felt it gave up a good chance to add some extra layers to Skyrim's Capital. I also felt it gave a good opportunity to actually make use of the rotating windmill that is one of Solitude's landmarks. The windmill makes it possible for the Nord's of Solitude to use a lift to get the heavy crates and barrels from the docks up to the main city level. Within the Dock tunnel you will find a general store, a blacksmith, a tavern, a brothel (No there will be no adult content, get a girlfriend!), a small hallway market with a variation of wares, and a shipping center.

Let me know what you think!

I've uploaded five screenshots of some work I started on this weekend. This time it is Windhelm. Here are links to the screenshots I've uploaded here on the Nexus;

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/469964/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/469970/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/469971/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/469972/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/469973/?

I've expanded Windhelm to the west, through the marketplace, it always bothered me how small Windhelm felt, and how it had quite the empty area outside of it. The expanded quarter will include a Bank/City Hall/Courier Headquarters, a new general store, a bakery, a Fletcher, and two houses. I've also added doors blocking the otherwise odd tunnel leading from the Palace of King's towards Aventus Arentino's residence. Reason is; I really would like to add the fighting pit! :)
I've also added an entrance near the wall close to the dock gate, here I wish to add an inn.

I'll be uploading screenshots from Riften's Waterfront district tomorrow. I do feel I need to ask for a little advice on this one as I'm a little unsure how I am going to expand upon Riften within the city. Riften has always felt right to me, and beyond adding a few extra stuff, like... a guard barracks within the main gate (Your normally just teleported to the top of the gate when you enter the door, I'm going to add a barracks within. This is also the case in Solitude near the Cathedral but I've remedied that in a way that does not mess up the "Assassination" of the bride ;) ), and perhaps a little more to the Riften Keep. Beyond that, there just doesn't seem to be much room for additional content without making it feel stuffed and overdone. Do let me know your opinion on this, as I feel kind of stuck! (maybe the best option is to leave it as it is, add the extra content I mentioned above and thereby make it easy and problem free for you to combine my mod with other Riften Overhauls that suit your fancy?).

I've also put a lot of effort this weekend in weeding out the "holes" in the ground. These are amazingly common in Whiterun and in Windhelm. They are essentially these missing portions of a city, could be a hole in the wall, or a hole in the ground. They are most commonly found next to buildings and I have done my utmost to cover them up. I found these in Whiterun by the Warmaidens Blacksmith, by Uthgerd's house, by the stairway to the Halls of the Dead, The exit from Dragonsreach prison, under a small stairway near Ysolda's house, the Drunken Huntsman, the wall leading up beneath the main gate bridge(where one of the many water canal entrances will be), and very often under the walls surrounding the marketplace and stretching all the way down to the Warmaidens, often only revealeble by the shadows looking a little off.

I found two area's in Solitude, the stairway down the windmill tower where my entrance to the dock tunnel is located, and by the marketplace.

I found some in Windhelm as well, the road up to the market, the low road to the east of Candlehearth hall, ... Too many of these on the rooftops in the Grey Quarter (But I've covered them ;) ), I found two holes in the wall coming into the grey quarter from the Palace of Kings, and I found one near the Blacksmith quarter.

If you've encountered any "holes" in your play-through, please let me know! So I can cover them up!

And do let me know what you think of these screenshots and its concept! ;)

nicely done man. this mod is definitely headed in the right direction, can't wait to try it out.

Photos are a tad on the dark side, but I enjoyed them nevertheless.

Sorry about that. I am used to uploading one screenshot and adding a bundle in the comment section to get past the restriction here on the Nexus. Sadly Imageshack wouldn't let me upload for some reason. The images I uploaded were taken at midnight, and I noticed this halfway through and tok a few new screenshots during daytime. Sadly of course! I forgot about the five image restriction for non-premium members and uploaded the dark images first. I didn't even have room to upload the overview picture of the new district, the area at the end of the district, nor the new inn, or Fighting Pit gate. Sorry about that.

Glad to hear you like what you saw regardless! This project's first stage completion is near! :) I cannot promise a release before Christmas but there is really not that much left to be done now. The cities are designed, the NPC's are written down and all that remains is to furnish up a few remaining interiors add the remainder NPC's, give them proper AI and then finally clean up the Navmesh issues. And then we're done. After that I'll be releasing content like dialogues, quests, and more tech-heavy features (Which I am hoping someone out there will be willing to give me a hand with) like banking and ship travel ;)

Looks great! Only suggestion I would offer is to setup the emmitance data on the buildings. That way the windows change color over the course of the day. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Ah! Good idea! I can't believe I didn't think of that. I did notice how beautifully the windows in the Valunstrand District was lighted. But must've completely forgotten about it when I started adding the cluttter. I will take care of it! Glad you mentioned it, thank you! :smile:

Edited by Galandil

Here are links to the screenshots of the Riften Waterfront District!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Images/470287/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Images/470288/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Images/470289/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Images/470290/?

I fear to report that for the next two weeks I'll be working on an examination project at school and will therefor have less time to work on the mod, at least for these next two weeks. I do not think it will effect my weekends but the weekdays will definitively have to be spent on schoolwork. Sadly after those two weeks are through I got the winter exams to look forward to. This year I've made amazing progress on this project and I did for a time believe that I could finish this in time for Christmas - New Year. However I do not think that will be possible at this rate.

What I have on my machine right now is in my opinion a very playable and enjoyable mod with minor issues. I did some stress testing yesterday and found that there is a slight lag spike about 1 second upon arriving by fast travel to Dawnstar and Falkreath. This only happenes when you turn very fast the moment you've arrived, after that it doesn't happen which tells me its having problem loading everything...... or that perhaps something I'm theorizing a little, is that the multiple civil war event boxes that I have purposely not deleted so that it doesn't mess anything up, may be hissing a little; The more important point, it does not cause a crash, and if you don't fast travel, you do not get a lag spike, so...... Odd! Another issue I found is that at nighttime there is an actual crash to desktop, when you enter the Dawnstar cutthroat alley and try to enter "The Salty Alley" tavern. I have absolutely no clue as to whats causing this, probably one of the AI's that activate at a certain late hour that causes mishaps. I've looked through the papyrus log but I'm unable to understand whats gone wrong, could use a helping hand with this :)

These two reasons and the deleted Navmesh needing a good smack in the back of the head is why I will not release this mod before 2015. Hopefully I can get this done early 2015 but I dare not come out with any fixed dates fearing I'll be releasing something unfinished, I feel it is bad enough that the first release will be without dialogues and quests... But if I were to implement that as well before release it is possible we'll all be old and grey before this releases.

Hope you like the screenshots! I have yet to clutter them properly but I this is the layout I've designed for the Waterfront. I hope someone out there can give me a hand with these issues I've posted :)

• 1 month later...