The Official Currently Listening To Thread

Dark0ne

Oh dear, those were some rough days on the internet. I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed by how few people on the internet don't see the obvious, or don't want to see it, even though the clues are right in front of them. Unfortunately, I had the same problem today. I couldn't find the original of the following song for all I cared. lol I probably just needed to dig a little deeper. Well, it's not that bad, I found these hilarious videos instead. Have fun with them.😂

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@ZckeZckT  You weren't looking for this song?

Spoiler

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, first day of sommer holiday. 😄

Billy Joel - When in Rome

Spoiler

Billy Joel - We didn't start the fire

Spoiler

Billy Joel - I go to Extremes

Spoiler

Edited by Morticia01
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Morticia01 said:

You weren't looking for this song?

Exactly, my dear friend, that's the one i was looking for. Thank you so much. I just couldn't find it, even though I usually find everything on the internet and have already looked at it a thousand times. Can you believe it?🤣 Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. Well, now you're apparently getting the like for it. Hmm, was that perhaps intentional? I don'tknow, i don't remember anymore 😛😁

That's nice, have a lovely holiday.

No Doubt - Simple Kind of Life

Spoiler

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Morticia01 said:

No Doubt was always a underrated  band. The lyrics are always meaningful...

Yea, I completely agree with that. I really like the girl, she looks like someone I know very well.😉

Anyway, here have something beautiful and something to drive your neighbors crazy.😎

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1

I like the Original of Summer wine of Nancy Sinatra + Lee Hazlewood, but the cover of Ville Valo + Natalia Avalon is also good.

Spoiler

Hmm, if i want to get neighbours crazy, i play this load ^^:

Spoiler

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Morticia01 said:

I like the Original of Summer wine of Nancy Sinatra + Lee Hazlewood, but the cover of Ville Valo + Natalia Avalon is also good.

Oh yes, I really like listening to both of them. Admittedly, I first came across the song through the VV&NA cover.

Ty, that's a nice song, but I'd probably go for Rammstein in that case.😉 Have a nice weekend bud.😇✌️

Spoiler

Judy Garland - Over the Rainbow

Spoiler

• Like 2

While I was on a The Time kick last night while busy with something:

777-9311 - The Time

Spoiler

Cool - The Time

Spoiler

Get It Up - The Time

Spoiler

The Walk - The Time

Spoiler

Jungle Love - The Time

Spoiler

Edited by AaronOfMpls
added titles outside spoilers, too
  • Like 2

H by Tool.

I referred to the original post and there's no requirement for the YouTube supplement so I'm not going there. However, I will supplement it with a personal anecdote about the music of Tool. 

Some years ago I was in a chatroom and the subject of favorite music bands or something similar came up. Being that Tool is one of my most respected bands, I mentioned them and furthermore labeled them as such. It wasn't long before a troll chimed in by replying, in paraphrase, "I can never get through a Tool song without contemplating suicide." And I thought, "Huh?" I didn't get to reply because my internet was disconnected by an incoming call. Damned dial-up! I did say this was years ago. By the time I finished with the call, it was too late for a reply so I didn't bother.

I realize now that that person was just trolling. But back then, it bothered me, I must admit. With songs like Forty-Six and 2, Lateralus, Parabola, Third Eye, and H, how could you ever feel suicidal? I find the lyrics to those songs in particular to either be inspirational or highly thought provoking and wholly enlightening. Their last album, Fear Inoculum, had yet to be released so not relevant at the time but... the song Pneuma! The majority of that album really. Maynard can write. Drop the pen!

Jimmy, from the album Aenima, is one glistening gem of a song, by the way.

Some of their songs are admittedly dark and/or angry but I've always come away with something to think about after listening... and it wasn't suicide. If with nothing more than awe at the drumming skills of Danny Carey! Possibly the most talented and technical drummer to ever bang a gong! If someone can tell me in what song he does that, you'll win a prize. You get to tell us all because I've actually forgotten.

Thanks for reading... or listening.