The Official Currently Listening To Thread

Dark0ne

Agreed- there is something appealing about music from somewhere else. I don't think for me it's the different languages so much as the different styles of music. I like this one very much. It's sang by Idir, and Karen Matheson of Capercaillie. It's actually a second version of the song - the first was sang as a duet by Idir and another Kabyle (female) singer. But Karen's voice blends beautifully with Idir's.

A vava inuva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pEtht3MM3c

• Like 1

Breakfast Music ^^

VNV Nation - Carry You

Spoiler

Solar Fake - Where Are You

Spoiler

Lord Of The Lost - Raining Stars

Spoiler

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drsemmel said:

VNV Nation

I'm a little sad with VNV Nation. They did that curse of making an album so good nothing else they did before or after compares. I loved VNV so much for so many years, loving them nearly as much as Dead Can Dance (which I held on a super high pedestal for about a decade) or up there with Joan Sutherland from the 1970s Verdi's Requiem. But then VNV Nation came out with their Nova album, and that ruined everything else they did to me. As much as I loved their earlier works at the time, when I think of VNV Nation I can only listen to the Nova album  now.

Some other bands had similar problems. Yazoo (or Yaz) comes to mind with their "Winter Kills" song. Before that I loved Yazoo so much with their dancy toons, but after Winter Kills I lost in interest in everything else they ever did.

• Sad 1

@Karna5 NOVA is really, really good and very different from the rest of VNV Nation´s work. For me there are very few bands whose entire work I really like. VNV Nation isn´t one of them, BUT I like quite a lot of their song. 
Also, most bands evolve over the years (or decades) and when a band that I know to be mediocre (subjective) hits it out of the park with a new release, I get excited too. But I treat it as its own thing.

Novelle Vague - In A Manner Of Speaking

Spoiler

• Like 2

Also, most bands evolve over the years (or decades) and when a band that I know to be mediocre (subjective) hits it out of the park with a new release, I get excited too.

That is what a good creative band is doing, its evolving.

Granted the first three albums of Metallica are exceptional, but the following albums were good too, atl for me.

As we are talking about breakfast... 😄

Simple Minds - Dont' you forget about me

Spoiler

My favourite char in this movie as teen ^^

b7092a025da1230a80bdba6d9f65e367.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Morticia01 said:

That is what a good creative band is doing, its evolving.

Yes, and when a band started making music in the 70ies or 80ies, I wasn´t around to expierience it. Then I begin listening to them, when they are already "old" and accomplished and I get to see their lifes work all at once without context of time.
With contemporary artists you don´t know where their path will lead them and when they change direction, you may not like it. Therefore I think musicians are judged more harshly by their peers.

My father always finds it funny when bands that where not very popular or ridiculed when he was young are liked by young folks. ^^

27 minutes ago, Morticia01 said:

As we are talking about breakfast... 😄

Simple Minds - Dont' you forget about me

Breakfast Club ❤️