Dragon Age: Origins

Monolithic0117

AI Scripts? Like Final Fantasy 12? Hmm...

Are there any bow and arrow type weapons in this game? Never liked casting offensive spells, even on Baldur's Gate 2.

is that because half of them would blow away both your enemy and your party too? I always hated that as well.

The AI scripts are probably just like BG2's

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like Mass Effect's system....:rolleyes: great....honestly, I don't get what all the hub bub was about with that game, I didn't like it all that much. It had some cool aspects, but it seemed like I was watching an overproduced, expensive, yet horrible sci-fi movie. I'm glad I only payed $10 for it lol. I have a bad feeling this will be the same. I've heard some good, but mostly it's "omg the graphics are so awesome!", that don't say anything about a RPG. The game can have Nintendo graphics but have such a great story that graphics don't matter. This, once again, looks too "console" and the storyline seems kinda generic as well...but maybe I'll try it out...when it's $5.

It's very good. The only real gripe I have is the graphics. They are adequate, but don't meet the levels of other new games.

And for the best experience, I'd suggest the PC version. The console versions are worse than the PC version in just about every aspect.

Are there any bow and arrow type weapons in this game? Never liked casting offensive spells, even on Baldur's Gate 2.
From the quick run through of the "tutorial-like" intro (paladin human escaping the castle), the archer that I gained had some kickback abilities for the bow/arrow she had but it only kicked back the person it hit. That's not to say there might be an area-effect spell or arrow but from what little I have seen, I did not see that occur.

LHammonds

have been playing for a while now (haven't finished main quest yet ) whenever I see EA on a box I general ignore the game but DA is loads of fun even though it's neither a fall out or oblivion substitute.

What I like: great story and i liked that you start to care for the characters (companions)

What I dislike:

graphic are dumbed down ( if you don't move the game feels paused as their is no background movement)

I miss the fun of random encounters and surprises during travel. But mostly i miss a player home for storage .

I could tell a 1000 other things i miss in this game but truth be told if you are able to forget oblivion for a sec. dragon age is a great and highly recommend experience.

And I'm very curious about the modding possibilties.

If wanted I can upload the toolset here.

For those who want storage but don't want to have to buy DLC to get it..... http://social.bioware.com/project/463/

I have not installed my copy yet (school and this is a game you cant just sit down for 30 minutes for) but when I do I will definately check this out because I am a "Horder" I try to keep everything. :biggrin: Thanks for posting this.

Well...I will have to wait for 5-6 months until this game comes to Croatian stores...Ahhhh

Now that's a real bummer.

Speaking of user-made modules, there's quite a lot in development, and some of them are looking quite interesting.

They can be found in the Projects section of the Social Site.