Lord Of The Rings Films!

The_Reaper

LOLOLOL, that was funny.

I liked, no loved the LOTR films. Can't wait for ROTK. My favorite scenes in TTT: the end (all of it: Gandalf charging down at the Uruk-Hai army, the Ents tearing apart Isengard... and Gandalf fighting the Balrog.) Fav scenes in TFOTR: Balrog and Gandalf, Cave troll, and the end. Again.

ROFL!! Thats hilarious. You deserve a special shoulder squeeze for that..

LOL! It was a jolly good read...

I really enjoyed the warg and horse rider battle. The cinematography was incredible during that scene. I did have a problem with the excessive comic relief from Gimle though, a little bit is nice, but they should've toned it down a lot.

OK, Peter Jackson deserves more credit than most people in this thread are giving him. To take on a project so vast yet delicate like the setting of Middle Earth and portray it in movie form is something most people wouldn't even think of unless they had a death wish. IMO Jackson has done the series more justice than any other filmaker could have done with Tolkien's masterpiece.

And please understand that because it is a movie, there are going to be certain changes in the film that may not sit too well with some or document the entire storyline into a 10 hour movie marathon for the first installment but I for one wasn't complaining. And what reason do I have to complain? When I go back and read the books I have faces to the names of the characters and a better understanding of how the world looks and feels to the Hobbits. The first time I saw the Balrog I could imagine it taking Baal from d2 and making him a squeak toy. Boromir was portrayed just how I imagined, conflicted, skeptical and misdirected.

The Two Towers needed more Ents, that part I hope will come with the special edition. And there are certain things that were changed apart from the books that I enjoyed more in the movie. Charge of the Rohirrim pretty much made me cry. In the book the defending forces were more like 2000 rather than 300, when I saw Eomer poke his head over that hill and charge down with Gandalf I could feel the swells of hope echo across Middle Earth...that my friends you don't get in the books.

Also in the Fellowship when Gandalf jumps off Orthanc (SP) onto Gwaihir my head spun...litterally, i still get dizzy when i watch it it's so powerful.

Those moments in the books when you really feel the struggle going on are enhanced with the wonderfully crafted visuals and marvelously powerful soundtrack.

IMO, Jackson has taken what was seemingly impossible to accomplish and created a series that has captured my imagination and really got me hooked. I doubt anyone here (myself included) would even dare to attempt it, and Jackson did, to much success and admiration of those who have been affected immensly by the books.

I think Lucas could learn a thing or two from Jackson who IMO looks like a hobbit.

FlyingFox you and I would get along great, my favorite character too is Boromir, through all his flaws and struggles he's the one who really understands the constant suffering in the world apart from the others and in the end makes a stand against the evil that will not sleep.

I agree Thanateros, Peter Jackson did a tremendous job with LOTR. If Lucas could do to Star Wars what Peter Jackson did with LOTR, the new star wars movies would've been instant classics. With my minor critiques aside, both LOTR movies were done incredibly well and have surpassed my expectations fully. If only Peter Jackson would "redo" the star Wars movies, that would be off the hizzle.

Archived