What Happened To Modding?

Xanorak

... and it seems that modding for Fallout 3 has overall stopped. If I left last time for a while and couldn't access the internet, I'll return to find a heap load of mods. Now I check back here very rarely, as it seems there is no activity any more...

... There are some big mods that are being worked on, but the small and useful mods seem to have disappeared.

Looking at the Nexus' file database I see that 60 mods have been uploaded in the last 4 days. I don't think that is at all unusual, so my question is... what are you talking about?

Do you want a solution that is looking for a problem?

Maybe I will take this thread and put it with the thread complaining that so many new little redundant mods keep coming out that they push his hot releases off the new uploads list faster than anyone can see them, and then use them both for balanced bookends.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think mods are going out of style at all, the game's been out only about a year now right? GOTY edition just came out recently and more people are going to pick up the pc version. I just got it and I'm learning how to mod slowly but surely. You can look forward to more activity on this site.

you, I don't know you

I did realise that you registered for my website... which I find odd, because it is closed down and I don't even know how someone would be able to find a link even if they wanted too... I thought I deleted all of them...

first off i try to be respectful.

second you missed a link i'll see if i can find it again for you (fluke maybe) :confused:

When did the site close?

I just bought F3. I am mostly a modeller and texturer- who has been working with the intention of relzing F3 assets since when it was first announced. I am experienced with Ob and have relzed some modest efforts with for that game. Can't expect much, but if things go right *fingers crossed* then I might even have some relz in a week or 2. :)

yup you guessed it. Relz means release.

its common with modders used to bethesdas games, seen it else where in modding world, orginally i came across it because its the tag used before thread titles like so, [relz], because you couldn't search their forums for 3 letter words, and the z was tacked on.

same story with [wipz]

Yes he means released, and Ghogiel is quite modest, I know him and his work quite well and have followed his work with great interest.

the term relz is used on the official forums because the search engine there will not recognize searches for less than 4 characters.

@Ghogiel it is good to see you again old friend.

... and it seems that modding for Fallout 3 has overall stopped. If I left last time for a while and couldn't access the internet, I'll return to find a heap load of mods. Now I check back here very rarely, as it seems there is no activity any more...

... There are some big mods that are being worked on, but the small and useful mods seem to have disappeared.

Looking at the Nexus' file database I see that 60 mods have been uploaded in the last 4 days. I don't think that is at all unusual, so my question is... what are you talking about?

Do you want a solution that is looking for a problem?

Maybe I will take this thread and put it with the thread complaining that so many new little redundant mods keep coming out that they push his hot releases off the new uploads list faster than anyone can see them, and then use them both for balanced bookends.

Really? Because I always search through all the recent activity and I find nothing new or interesting. I used to just refresh my page every 5 minutes to find 3 new mods. Nowadays I barely find more than 5 new mods in 3 days. Or maybe it's just me.