The origin of your Nexus username?

Birrii

Not much to say, mine 'makes sense' only for Portuguese and maybe Spanish speakers (the complete nickname is Nosisab Ken Keleh)

which pronounces what sounds (in Portuguese) something like "that who nobody knows about" or "It's unknown who he is"

For now it is a name for an ancient D&D campaign character that pretended to be a mysterious mage and a name older than many of you guys over here :) well above 3 decades ago.

PS: Actually I have several these names that make use of words that sounds with a different from the expected 'meaning', for instance:

John Defoe Kevin - That sounds like the 'philosophical' question: "From Where came I?"

Lathra Dukesseu - "that is your's stealer" - "she who steals what pertains to you" - Needless to say it's the name for my thief female character.

Eladora Sorrezah - "She loves just pray" - Bet someone she is the party cleric?

and many others

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I created my name from my knowledge of mythology to gently suggest that I'm bi without being blatant or offensive about it. I know not everyone wants to hear that stuff, but it's a part of me. So the name is a way of saying it without saying it.

When I was registering, the mail service I used turned out to be useless for validating account. So, I went for another one, but since my chosen username was already occupied - by me (I didn't want to wait a day), and since I don't use any wrong symbols for usernames, such as numbers or abbreviations, so I took a completely different one.

This particular one is a name of a daemonfey character from Forgotten Realms, Sarya Dlardrageth. I feel absolutely no connection to her, though I liked the daemonfey concept. It just came up to my mind. Interestingly, it is somehow similar to a couple of names used in my homeland, though doesn't exactly match any one of them (we have Darya/Darja and Marya/Marja, no idea which spelling is correct in english).

Shoren. Well I think this username got it's birth on one of WoW private server when trying think of a character name. Well I currently live near an ocean and a shore came to my mind but that was too boring then I started go through alphabets adding a letter end of shore and Shoren heard nicest in my ears back then thus this nick was born.

Mine is created from a joke at college a fried was making a story with a language each constant is replaced with the next as is each vowel so Samuel became Tenaim (used longer version because didn't want to be known as ten) the Lord is because the said friend created a character around me who was one evil Lord somewhere. :biggrin: :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

I choose rebel, not because i am a rebel or an anarchist ( even if i sometime seem to be) but because Rebel is one of my favorite marvel heroes character:

but there too many "rebel" in every forum, so i must choose a last name when i registred. and as i like ireland, i choose an irish one at random.

Woogie is my real nickname, it's a fairly common name where I live. I've always worn really dark glasses even in uniform and during a hostile boarding training op, my team took control of the helo hanger of our sister ship, the USS Ticonderoga. It should have been empty but one guy was working late, so on orders, I took him out... or I would have, but he turned and saw me at the last second. The sight of a 6-foot bald guy in black tacs and black glasses coming out of the shadows with a shotgun must have been too much for him: he was so eager to get away that he forgot he was standing next to a SH-60B and when he turned to run he face-planted into the side of the helo and knocked himself out. We had to stop the drill to make sure he wasn't dead.

At the mission debriefing, the XO called me "WoogieMonster" and it got a big laugh and so the nickname stuck.