Questions For Admins/Moderators

NorthwindGrey

its all too simple but here we go

1 - can a Moderator/Admin get banned from the site or have his/her status revoked?

2 - up until the point when i had to get my Username changed i though there were only 4 moderators and 1 admin those were, Lhammonds, Buddha, Alien Slof & Dark0ne (Hopefully i spelt em all right :blink: ) i didn't know there was another Moderator (Bben46) so is there more Moderators on the site or is it Just 4 Mods and 1 admin

3 - has there ever been any other moderators who had there status revoke or went rogue ect.

hopefully these can be cleared up in no time :thanks: for reading

1 - can a Moderator/Admin get banned from the site or have his/her status revoked?
Yes...by Dark0ne. You won't see Dark0ne banned from this site though since he is the owner.

2 - up until the point when i had to get my Username changed i though there were only 4 moderators and 1 admin those were, Lhammonds, Buddha, Alien Slof & Dark0ne (Hopefully i spelt em all right :blink: ) i didn't know there was another Moderator (Bben46) so is there more Moderators on the site or is it Just 4 Mods and 1 admin
Technically, Dark0ne is the owner and has absolute control over everything. Buddah and myself are "admins" which have a high level of control over the forums and site...basically a (moderator + admin-level access). bben46 and AlienSlof are moderators which have a certain level of access to the site tools and forum to enforce the rules. Most all other moderators are inactive or retired.

3 - has there ever been any other moderators who had there status revoke or went rogue ect.
I know of one moderator that was banned from the site but do not know if there were more. I cannot recall that particular moderator's name but it had something to do with a bird. He later came back under a new account and started causing trouble and was banned again.

LHammonds

• 2 weeks later...

I asked about this in another thread and was redirected here so, LHammonds, if i wanted to join the moderatating team, how would i do so and, or what requirements would i need?

(nice avatar, its a achmage from wc3 right?)

I asked about this in another thread and was redirected here so, LHammonds, if i wanted to join the moderatating team, how would i do so and, or what requirements would i need?

I'm asked this question every once in a while but it is not about asking to become a moderator but simply standing out among the crowd as one who is part of the community, helps where possible and maintains a cool and level head. Being a modder is obviously a plus since it shows a certain level of familiarity with the game...and thus a major purpose of this site (hosting mods). There has to be existing evidence of a member that shows qualities of being a good moderator. There are many here who fit that profile and you'd really need to stand out even in that crowd. Why? Because becoming a moderator here is more like a case of vampirism than a job. A non-vampire cannot simply "ask" to be turned. The head vampire must be the one that does the embrace. Other vampires may make recommendations but it is normally from witnessing helpful members that frequent these boards that fit the profile.

I have not seen a case here where a member asking to become a moderator has done so successfully. I'm guessing that members seeking to become moderators do not work out.

But if you are truly wanting to help this community, there are things you can do right now. Article: Do you feel the need to give back to the community?

I'm not sure if this really answered anything though...I'm kinda scatter-brained at the moment.

LHammonds

Confirming the staff here are actually a caste of vampires.
Dang it! I was trying to draw attention away from that fact by placing it out there for all to see in a humorous manner...now the bat is out the bag!

FEAR US...WE ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!! :ninja:

We have almost collected enough underwear in order to take over the world...although we do not yet know what to do with them. :whistling:

The forums had a running joke many, many years ago, back when the MEMod was in production, that I would relinquish my command when Luxar cleaned all of my socks. Sadly (!) he got banned before he could get through even half of them for being annoying when the MEMod closed.

My socks remain dirty. I remain in command. Sad times.

In the interests of protecting this sites good name, I think it is important to point out, that vampires and werewolves are superstitions, and so some of the comments above clearly should not be taken seriously. This is not to say that times certain human beings act very much like creatures of mythology, however acting in such a manner does not make them, those creatures. :smile:

Most people understand this, but we cannot have certain rumors running around rampant, about the good and honorable staff of this most epic website. We all know how innocent and humorous comments can be turned into vicious stories to scare children and new members. Again please believe me when I say, there is no truth to these comments made in humor, whatsoever, the staff is just having a little fun. :wink:

*Storm Raven looks around to see that no one is watching, hands Buddah , a large piece of meat, and leaves a gallon of fresh blood on the table.* :ninja:

*the old man laughs out loud*

Storm Raven

8)