What was the first mod you downloaded?

Deleted54170User

First downloaded mod... hmm. I remember using mods (custom SP maps) for the original Half-Life, but I think I got those off of PCGamer CD's that came with the magazine (although I might have downloaded a couple...).

I believe my first major venture in mod use was with the original Dungeon Siege though (SiegeNetwork). I tried some mods (including some cheaty ones) then found Xaa's amazing Lands of Hyperborea siegelet. Played that one way too much. ;)

Now this is hard one... I have played so many games... I think first mod I got is something along custom character for Liero or something like that.

To be honest I actually have no idea...I'm going to get a months premium somewhere at the end of this month. (when paypal is listening to me) Then I might be able to check it. It has been 5 years ago, it must have been something for Morrowind, but I cannot remember it at all. It was something that was only available here if I recall correctly, but what it would be is a very good question ;D.

I am still drawing a blank thinking about it. I am sure it was MORROWIND I had a fast enough modem to download the mods with. I just am having a problem recalling what the mod was I chose to download to enhance...That's it! The coastal sounds enhancements and more realistic tree and shrubbery. The addition to the sound packed mod has, what reminds me of, Fireflies. They were added buzzing around the swamp pools next to the glowing pods that could be used for Alchemy to allow for water walking and levitation.

Atmospheric_sound_effects was followed up with combination's of Bitter coast sounds.

Wow...that's a good question. My first mod was from Oblivion. Part of the problem for me, it that I was just stepping into the world of modding with release of Oblivion. I didn't even know what mods were before that. I was looking for some kind of money code and came across the term "money mod" on the internet. I clicked it, and went to another mod sight where I read the mod's description.

So before I downloaded anything, I searched for more information and learned that tesnexus was considered the hot spot for modding. I looked through the categories and was instantly drawn into the clothing section. I downloaded a bunch of stuff but it took me a few hours to figure out what to do with the packages, and how to use the various programs like OBMM. I eventually found Exnem's body mod which promised to make my girl actually look like a girl. I was thrilled with idea because I HATED how manly her body looked. I read the instructions and tried to the install the mod but something came out wrong. (texture files weren't installed properly) But I was enthralled because I understood at that moment, what modding was all about and was hit that "OMG" feeling. A few minutes later, I figured it out, had a new body, and spent the rest of the night downloading mods. Even took the next day off from work just to play with my new weapons and armor!

Ooooh! I just remembered that I once had a CD with tons of fan created maps for the original DOOM. Just thinking of that makes me feel... http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4497/oldt.gif

I'm still downloading and playing these as if they're brand-new (and to me many of them are).

You're only as old as you feel! :biggrin: