I'm so sick of the 2012 lies >_>.

Strangeman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to side with Herculine theory. ;)

And the "world" will likely not end but the people on it might. ;)

A guy I know from NASA said they were doing some calculations and think that there is something like a 20% possibility that some areas could get wiped out from a sun flare (where the field is weaker). The Earth goes through polar shifts every x thousands of years (called a magnetic reversal) (NOTE: time between reversals seem somewhat random and not predictive at all) and is typically not a problem because even in a weakened state of the electromagnetic field protecting us from radiation...it was never bad enough to cause a problem by itself according to what little geological evidence we have. But with the planet alignments combined with a solar flare, it has the potential to deep fry the surface and potentially destabilize the electromagnetic field completely and render this planet to something similar to Mars.

The problem is that we (humans) have never witnessed a reversal with instrumentation before and still do not understand what and how the magnetic field is generated (there are theories though) and what factors play into the variations of the field. In other words, even at our best, we are simply guessing and speculating. There was a point in time where we simply did not know enough about magnetics that we just didn't care but now we know a bit more...just enough to be dangerous. And this is a good time to play the "fear" card...even though there is absolutely jack squat we can do about the situation.

So, with that said, ya...Herculine's theory seems sound to me. :D

LHammonds

It's nice to see that all the people replying here has common knowledge about this, even though this thread was mainly directed to those who dosn't >_<.

And I know the url to the website is misleading, but that's the point. Since these people are dumb as fish, and the misleading URL is my bobber. By all means, I am trying to prove that 2012 is a lie, and some of these replies seems to be kinda "I didn't really read your post, but I take for granted that you agree with that it will happen"-ish.

I think I read some time ago from newspaper that the end of the world at 2012 thing was cancelled. :whistling:

What I think about end of the world when such even happens is "Oh well sh*t happens."

I tend to side with Herculine theory. ;)

And the "world" will likely not end but the people on it might. ;)

A guy I know from NASA said they were doing some calculations and think that there is something like a 20% possibility that some areas could get wiped out from a sun flare (where the field is weaker). The Earth goes through polar shifts every x thousands of years (called a magnetic reversal) (NOTE: time between reversals seem somewhat random and not predictive at all) and is typically not a problem because even in a weakened state of the electromagnetic field protecting us from radiation...it was never bad enough to cause a problem by itself according to what little geological evidence we have. But with the planet alignments combined with a solar flare, it has the potential to deep fry the surface and potentially destabilize the electromagnetic field completely and render this planet to something similar to Mars.

The problem is that we (humans) have never witnessed a reversal with instrumentation before and still do not understand what and how the magnetic field is generated (there are theories though) and what factors play into the variations of the field. In other words, even at our best, we are simply guessing and speculating. There was a point in time where we simply did not know enough about magnetics that we just didn't care but now we know a bit more...just enough to be dangerous. And this is a good time to play the "fear" card...even though there is absolutely jack squat we can do about the situation.

So, with that said, ya...Herculine's theory seems sound to me. :D

LHammonds

I somehow doubt that 2012 will result in a huge solar flare that will fry all life on earth as we know it. (or are you getting at something else that I overlooked?)

I think the world better end before 2050 (or maybe 2025, or maybe 2012).

With a fast advance in technology, (maybe the U.S Army already have a time machine or some high tech device) don't you think the world will be doomed if . . .

- Human cloning exists (think evil clone army controlliing the world)

- Robots are getting more advance (Terminator ? Skynet ?)

- Time Machine (Evil people use it for their own)

- A bomb worse than nuclear explode. (maybe by accident)

- Evil leaders want to control the world

- The more we wait, the more chances bad things happening (Alien invasion (if they exist) ? Supernova ?)

- Earth's over population

- WWIII because nations hate each other even more these days

- Global Warming sink our world

- Air is too poisoned

- In a world controlled by electronics, no electricity makes us live in the Renaissance Age

- War weapons are too powerfull

- (you got a better one ?)

SWEET BUDDHA THE WORLD IS GONNA END!!!

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Hahahaha, I actually know someone who really believes in this crap, but then again she also thought a transformer like Optimus Prime was on fire when I said there was a transformer on fire (like up on a power line) after it was hit by lightning.

Lol Ill never understand why people get so hyped up about doomsday crap lol

All I got say when I go, is that its been fun hahahaha :D

But just like I've seen so many people link media about how 2012 is real and will happen, I wanna link this compile I made of how it won't happen, so enjoy:

http://2012-countdown.webs.com/

;D ... I love your idea of a countdown and wish that it wont overburden cardiologists with extra work when reaching at 0000:00:00:00.

:mad: ... and sincerely hope that any charlatan of all sort never make profit by people's fear and credulity.

This said, we have to go when it's time anyway and just havin' fun for what we are: simply human.