Lets require licensing for parents

stars2heaven

I want to say only one thing. We have already too many licensing requirements and most of them are because of the regulating system itself that retires the responsibility from individual shoulders. Mankind is learning to depend on rules and laws to drive the life instead being a limit not to be reached. The difference is not even subtle but I let to you figure it by yourself, what hopefully you already did.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say only one thing. We have already too many licensing requirements and most of them are because of the regulating system itself that retires the responsibility from individual shoulders. Mankind is learning to depend on rules and laws to drive the life instead being a limit not to be reached. The difference is not even subtle but I let to you figure it by yourself, what hopefully you already did.

Good point.

Good point.

I agree and kudos to you both.

@ stars2heaven, we can pursue with this golden rule, what's freedom: your freedom ends where other's freedom begins, and this apply and meet to all life's requirement.

I would say that in our today's world we are putting too much regulating systems, and too much laws kill the law, of course we may need some of them because we are living in society, but the problem is that many person yet wanted to find the responsible of a problem without to remedy the causing.

I sincerely think that putting to much licensing don't resolve the heart of the problem... here about parenting, by licensing you put a limit without solving on what's really going on: the parental responsability.

It's like an ill health person, you give medications to cure him/her from disease, but without to remedy the cause of his/her illness. That's why licensing is inappropriate for parenting.

We have to meditate upon our society models and their drifts: poverty, precarity, quality of life, education, and so on... instead of trying to find a so-called solution that couldn't really match.

i sure as hell wouldnt let this go through, but thats because i wouldnt be in charge lol.

but if we took a few samples of everyones sperm then gave everyone a vasectomy now, and after kids hit puberty (and the whole sperm collecting thing,) then decided who would be eligible i dont believe we would have a problem. it wouldnt work for most people, because theres this funny thing that is part of basic animal instinct: the urge to reproduce, and spread your seed. then you have to watch out for those people who dont have their balls chopped off or made useless getting all your women pregnant, because you cant.

It might sound great but...

1 Theres alot of illegal immigants in United States and they may be afraid of getting caught and are not going to have children unless it becomes something like where the agency which is responsible for giving a parent's licince cannot report an illegal immigrant

2 Some people may not want to bother with the licence.

3 Still they cannot decide if the person can or cannot have children

but i agree that people who were in jail for some sexual stuff cannot have children.

Well i'm inclined to agree. Because what type of abuse are we talking about? If your talking about being lectured or being spanked at

because of some irresponsible act, nah nah. I find it sad because parents in America can't discipline their children the way their counterparts in Asia do. That's why you see China taking over the U.S., because people there are more disciplined. Morale values are enforced unlike their American counterparts. In the U.S., children call over the police just becasue their parents where spanking them, while the reason why is because they did something stupid. It's also said in the Bible that "do not spare the rod". So often times when a kid goes over the line, the rod is the only disciplinary means to straighten them up. Because often, kids don't learn through words, or listen shall i say.

But, if your talking about goin to the extremes to discipline someone, like punching them, throwing them all over the place, and battering.That's another thing.

Just a few questions.

1. Are we talking about in the US or all over the world.

2. Are we talking licensing within reason, I mean so retarded people or people with an IQ or emotional instability (in extremes) lower than the base norm wouldn't even be considered because they would be sterilized as soon as it was found out they were...

3. Different parts of the world have different cultures and different ways of raising children. What is considered ok in Russia or Pakistan could be considered child abuse even child molestation (age of consent in Pakistan is 12) if done in the United States or England. Do these licensing requirements follow a person? So if you (as the parent of said 12 year old) move to England with your 12 year old son and his 31 year old wife are you then arrested as the wife is? You are after all going to be considered an accomplice or at least that you placed your child in danger by allowing the union.

These may not seem relevant but I think you have to look at things with practicality. Facts are not based on statistics, statistics can be molded to meet any criteria and made to make any outcome look good. Did you know that the requirement that states your child in most parts of California needs to have a helmet on while riding a bike has done absolutely nothing to protect children from head injuries as the incidents are the same as they were 40 years ago? Yet were I a parent and my neighbor saw this and they were a @#!%$#%$@#%@%$ they could tell CPS i was endangering my child and I could have my parenting license revoked.

Personally (and I can only speak about living in the US) I think it would be better to go after the people that have too many kids and continue to have kids and our taxes pay for it through the welfare system. Which could be seen as two things. And would require the US government to grow a pair and be a Dictatorship in at least a few areas such as removing the uterus of women that do this and throwing illegal immigrants and their (legalized only by being on US soil when born) offspring back across the border.

Ok so that is my opinion. Yours may vary and it probably will and many will probably not agree with my opinion but that does not make my opinion any less valid than yours! It is after all just an opinion.

-----------------------------theory 1---------------------NO

nations and governments aswell as smaller communities like tribes were established to protect the community from outer danger aswell as from unjustice amongst their own and to secure life in general...

laws are there to regulate this living together and to bind the authorities to a norm which is accepted amongst all members of the community

however some parents raising a kid in a way not suiting your ideals does not warrant a threat to the community as a whole or at least larger parts of the community

hence it cant be on the agenda of a rulership to sanction such an unimportant thing

-----------------------------theory 2-----------------------YES

according to kants categoprical imperative we would have to ask ourselves if mankind would strive on if we would implement regulations on the rights to procreate, and depending on the outlining rules this is indeed possible and hence not endangering our species and henceforth valid

------------------------------theory 3----------------------YES

"do as you want as long as you harm no others"

according to this line it would be valid aswell depending on the rules (assaulting the kid would harm someone)

-------------------------------theory 3.1--------------------NO

you cant proove guilt before the actual incident happens and hence you cant say if that person would be an eligable parent, thus regulations wouldnt be valid

------------------------------theory 4-------------------------NO

one human can not judge another human, a human is always subjective and prone to outer influences, he never forms really objective thoughts or opinions, thats anchored in the biological way our brain and body work

hence no authority would be able to actually form regulations which would not reflect the ideas of an individual, only by chance may these actually be objective and you cant not base a rule on chance alone

------------------------------theory 5-------------------------NO

people can be tricked with ease wether it be bribes, wit or charme and hence no control mechanism operated by humans would work, just take all these nasty foster parents who get kids even tho they treat the kids liek poo

------------------------------theory 6-------------------------NO

things like sex, drug use, expression, thought and so on are anchored in our nature, we will never accept anyone to take them from us, we may do it in secret, hideen from the public or the authorities but we do them nevertheless

the only ways to stop them is to actually alter the physic of the human body and brain by stuff like forced sterilization or lobotomies... however it cant be in the interest of a community to create a whole bunch of morons we have to cater for just because they might possibly one day in the far away future become a danger to an individual child

------------------------------theory 7---------------------------MMH

"abused kids will abuse their kids which will then spread that behavior through socializing and infect other members of a society"

thats indeed possible but the extreme opposite is also possible, namely those kids will embrace better behavior than their disgusting parents, and hence it is not a valid theory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

id say the theories countering that proposal far outweight those that agree... screw government control! free your soul!

id find it much more pleasing if child abusers would get a really fair treatment, one they deserve but in my nice country for example they get somin like 2yrs hospitalization and then theyre free to go on with their poo, heck even tax evaders get worse punishments (as long as they aint politicans or big company owners that is of course... cant risk to loose such important figures like slave drivers)

however we once had this pedophile lurking around a playground we hung out next to, well the parents and all their friends like us around made sure hed never again try somin like that poo again... would those parents have called the cops nothing would have happened but i assume the way we chose made sure to protect but to annoy

in another example we had this girl in our hood which was quite often beat up by her father, no way to sue him, hitting him would have been bad aswell as he was a cop (and hitting a cop in a police state is never a good idea, heck even opposing them with wit sucks as i learned the hard way) and thus we just did everything to take any possibility from him to do bad, we watched over here, let here stay here and there until she found her own home and never let the two alone...

i guess its much better if the community caters for its members than an estranged government imposing artificial rules on things that are of no concern to it...

How can they tell who will be a good parent and who will be bad before they've had children? Your tested in a car for your driving licence, they can't really lend you some kids for week to see what happens.