Some minor Warnings

LosFastidios91

Hey guys and girls!

I just uploaded a pic to Dragon Age Nexus and it gave me this warning:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8949/imagecreatewarning.th.jpg

To ensure that this isn't a once-in-a-lifetime event, I uploaded another pic and DA-Nexus gave me the same warning again. Honestly I don't have any clue of what this tells us and since the images are uploaded correctly everything's fine. The only thing that doesn't seem to work are the thumbnails! I just wanted to inform you guys.

PS: Thanks for the new nexus :)

Assuming DA does not create JPG files that play nicely with the site, I went ahead and opened the image with Paint that comes with Windows XP and simply re-saved it.

This process reduced the file size from 611k to 254k.

The image dimensions remained the same at 1680 x 1050.

My test upload did not yield any errors and the thumbnail works. http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=49

I followed the steps detailed in this article on re-saving a JPG (same as converting a BMP to JPG): http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=30

I'd suggest opening your images in Paint and re-saving them before uploading to the Image Share...it will also save the Nexus on bandwidth.

LHammonds

• 4 weeks later...

I bring this thread up because i dont want to start a new one, hope thats okay, its about the same thing anyway.

The thing is i see more and more broken image thumbnails on DANexus, in the mods section and also in the screenshot section.

Obviously something isnt working with DA Screenshots and this site.

Now i want to know will this be fixed or not?

If it cant or wont be fixed, could you at least add some information text to the image upload page ( http://www.dragonagenexus.com/members/imageshare/add.php )

and any other page where you upload an image to danexus, so pepole will know they should not upload unmodified Screenshots because it wont work?

Its kina annoying to allways have to klick on the pictures to see, i like to have preview pictures =)

EDIT:

Here is a Pic to verify my point, and thats just a small section, there are LOTS of images not showing previews.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zps0g0.jpg

I think it's likely an issue with either the format of the screenshot, the filesize, or the dimensions of the image Even when posted in the forums these images do not always show. As explained by LHammonds, opening the image in an editor, and resaving it solves the problem.

Generally speaking, people should always resize their images before uploading simply because it makes the file size smaller, and assures that if people are seeing the image on a screen resolution smaller than that image, that they can see the whole image (not to mention that many onboard videocards aren't able to handle images larger than 1024x1024). In resizing an image, you also have the added benefit of being able to crop the image to show what you want to show without things like the UI or similar getting in the way. Some loss of image quality won't make things look any worse, and in some cases can actually make things better due to the blurring/softening that can occur when resizing.

I think it's likely an issue with either the format of the screenshot, the filesize, or the dimensions of the image Even when posted in the forums these images do not always show. As explained by LHammonds, opening the image in an editor, and resaving it solves the problem.

Generally speaking, people should always resize their images before uploading simply because it makes the file size smaller, and assures that if people are seeing the image on a screen resolution smaller than that image, that they can see the whole image (not to mention that many onboard videocards aren't able to handle images larger than 1024x1024). In resizing an image, you also have the added benefit of being able to crop the image to show what you want to show without things like the UI or similar getting in the way. Some loss of image quality won't make things look any worse, and in some cases can actually make things better due to the blurring/softening that can occur when resizing.

Thank you for the response.

But, i know all that, it was said before and it dosent solve the issue of thumbnails not showing for me.

I can´t resize pictures of other pepole before they upload them.... right?

How does that help solve the issue i reported? Whats with my suggestion?

EDIT:

Just saw that you just made general statements, excuse me, this constant clicking to make images show up makes me nervous :D

• 1 month later...
I just found this topic after noticing this problem for quite some time now and finally uploading my own files only to have corrupted image uploads. I guess I'll be taking them down, resizing and reposting them. It's a nuisance really. Not just from an uploaders perspective, but from a general browsing perspective due to all the other uploaders who are unware of how to resolve this issue. I hope the Nexus team is working to resolve, or at least curtail this issue.