143 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one:

• Human Noble
    • Elf Commoner
    • Elf Dalish
    • Dwarf Casteless
    • Dwarf Noble
    • Mage

Floydian! Yay! Good to see you here! Good thing you chose human noble for her because Alistair can be a real ass in one outcome if you aren't. Dragon Age Gabby went with Zevran but he can be a real %&$! too lol

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Human Noble: Acceptable. Theres a nice twist, but otherwise its not too interesting and quite short, too. The dog is pretty useless and the irony is that you start of extremely poor and with no good armor at all. You get a decent sword and shield for Alistair though. Or for yourself, if you are tank.

Elf City: Acceptable to Lovely. A very nice start; I disliked being unable to be nice to the bitter woman, though. Then the story changes and you do a lot of fighting. It gets emotionally extremely intense. Suggest to play as Rogue. Also gets Coercion as "forced" skill, which you need anyway.

Elf Daelish: Lovely. The quest itself is quite short, but the whole scenario is very stylish and you can speak with a huge number of people about elven lore. Suggest Rogue as starting class, though you get forcefed "Survival" as starting skill which is quite useless.

Dwarf Commoner: Lovely. Very long questline, quite a challenge, and very funny twists in it. Also you get Stealing as starting skill (no matter if Warrior or Rogue, by the way) which is generally useless, but you can steal nice stuff in this origin.

Dwarf Noble: Acceptable to Lovely. Dwarven politics are a pain in the *** after a while, but you get nice lore here and nice battles too.

Mage: Extremely lovely. The only Origin with an optional sidequest. Also longest of all Origins, lots of lore, interesting characters etc.

My favourite has to be the human noble. Of all the origins it's the only one which really drew me into the story. All my character wanted as vengeance even to the point of being bitter and forcing conscription before her father's eyes.

I admit, I bawled my eyes out at the end of that origin. It was so sad.

Well I've only started three off so far, Noble, Daelish and Elf City (all female). I really like the Elf City start really makes her bitter against all humans, only as far as Lothering so far in that one but she had a real go at Duncan and was very bitter towards the king.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll admit, I am biased against dwarves. I've tried every other storyline, both male and female (but only beat the game on Human male noble), and pretty much going through the City Elf male storyline.

I personally liked the City Elf origin, especially playing the female version although I'm a guy myself.

• 2 months later...

I liked the human noble origin. I have tried them all, almost, city elf male rogue, dalish female rogue, dwarf commoner female rogue, dwarf noble male rogue, human mage male and female, human noble male and female. The origin for me at least had the most options on how to deal with your beginning family.

In the dwarf noble option you never get the option to turn both your brothers to hash, which given dwarf politics surprised me.

In the city elf origin, you cannot even fight to stop the humans from taking the elves, I mean really I would have slaughtered the arls son then and there anyways, would have saved me a good long time and some mental scarring on my characters family.

The mage origin, it's either really short by telling jowan to stuff it, or really long by helping him, no options at all to do anything I would had I been taken as a child and raised around people who obviously hated me, where is the option to burn the tower down before you leave, or at least start a nice templar corpse bonfire?

The commoner dwarf gets railroaded horribly, I became champion of the provings, and yet I am not even allowed to swing once to prevent myself from jail time? Not my cup of tea thanks.

The dalish elf origin was semi interesting at least, but being railroaded into the mirror despite telling moron to stay at the entrance on defensive and trying to sneak around it blew the whole thing for me. I am not a train, so adding tons of tracks and cutting out my exploration fun before I get to have it bugs me big time.

The human noble origin let me get interesting things done, only one where you get a lot of choices with the least amount of railroading. My rogue is a person that chafes at restrictions, so I got to tell dear ole dad I wanted to do things my own way, my warrior is a staid and steady agreeable type, the dutiful son, he got to do just that and mourned the loss of his parents with the king afterwards... I could go on, it's one origin where you get a bit more breathing room to play what you want.

I have played all of the origins and I actually liked them all. Although the best one was the human noble's and not just because of the origin but also the landsmeet quest where u meet howe after what he did to highever. The dalish one was different than the others as u join the grey wardens for not to die and not just because of your skills. The city elf one is great too and it has a great plot. The mage is a little boring but in the end it has the great scene with jowan throwing all those guards behind with his blood... Dwarf noble was good too with all the darkspawn killing thing and your brother's politics. Dwarf commoner is great as a plot although I didn't really like it. The arena scene was great, however. Bioware actually did a great job with the origins although some could have been done better.

• 2 weeks later...

I disliked the Magi and Dalish Elf stories, because the Magi one just bored me and Dalish one felt waaay too short for me, not to mention your partner in the beginning is a complete and utter moron.

I definitely liked the Human Noble and City Elf origins, despite their cliched stories of singular vengeance. They just had so much depth, they really drew me into the story and I felt the PC's pain.

As for the dwarven origins...I played them both, and I found them both interesting, but I simply don't like dwarves. Not much more to be said there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played all origins but dwarf noble. I actually like them all so far. my favorites are city elf and human noble.

I know this is in the spoiler area, but if you don't want to know what happens to some characters, maybe my post isn't the best to read. lol

I have played both a male and a female human noble. you feel a bit broken for the characters. I really love the revenge against Howe. my girl was all noble and good, had a relationship with Alistair and became queen. my male just wanted vengeance. He played around with Morrigan and then went behind everyone's back and became king along side Anora. I also made Loghaine a wardon and Alistair left the group.

my city elf was a female and it really was a harsh beginning, but it made me understand just where elves stood in the world. it's funny how Alistair was all upset when he found out that my girl became a warden on what was supposed to be her wedding day. "Well, there were rapists and they delivered the wrong cake" was my response. not that it stopped the ending from being sad since Alistair broke up with her right after being named king. ass

my dalish elf was also a female she decided to give everyone in the game a chance, but as for romance she went with the other elf. lol

I played a male mage first and I made him a good mage. happy to be in the circle and all that rot. The only reason he went along with jawen (or whatever his name is) is because the first enchanter asked him to ) I am now playing a female mage that hated the circle she helped him because he was her friend and didn't want him to turned into a tranquil, but I guess she didn't hate it enough to destroy it I guess, because she did side with the mages. I can say the only reason I did, was so I could make her a blood mage later on. lol

I've played casteless dwarf and I was going to make her a little tyrant, all throughout the origin I played her like that. I loved the proving when she totally destroyed everyone and took of her mask to show herself. so awesome. and casteless dwarf seems to me the only origin in which Duncan really stands up for the character calling her their champion. as I began playing her it just didn't fit my character for her to be a tyrant so instead she wants to prove everyone wrong. she wants to show them that you could be more then what others brand you as (in this case literally ) I just felt for my character when she came back and spoke to the shaper and he told her he could address her as the warden, but before that she never existed and seeing her sister so proud to be the princes concubine. All I wanted was for my character to be able to shake her and tell her she was worth more then that.

I am so addicted to this game.