ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Any chance the "flood protection" can be toned down a tad?

jwvanderbeck

Maybe it is just me, I don't know, but I tend to type quickly on forums, and reply to a lot of posts at once. I tend to do them in batches.

However, I keep running head first into this forums "60 second flood protection" and it is driving me absolutely crazy!

Nah.

The 60 seconds are bearable.

This forum does it correctly, at least. You can start writing just fine - it only complains if you try to SEND a posting every 60 seconds.

Many boards disallow you to START writing a posting before the time limit and that sucks big, big time.

Its like being disallowed to start to type on the commandline before the current command has been finished - ok that example might be totally outdated for 90% of the readers, but I cant think up something more contemporary.

60 seconds to a bot is a LONG time, considering that they can SPAM sites with hundreds of posts a second without it.

It's there because we're not really in it for the one-liners here. If it takes less than 60 seconds to write your post regularly then your post should probably have more content to start with. It seems the flood control is more a problem for you because of the technique you use, rather than because you're constantly writing one liners.

Nah.

The 60 seconds are bearable.

This forum does it correctly, at least. You can start writing just fine - it only complains if you try to SEND a posting every 60 seconds.

Many boards disallow you to START writing a posting before the time limit and that sucks big, big time.

Its like being disallowed to start to type on the commandline before the current command has been finished - ok that example might be totally outdated for 90% of the readers, but I cant think up something more contemporary.

Actually no. I t wont' even let me start typing. That's why I run into it all the time.

If I just click REPLY it immediately gives me the error before even letting me compose the message. If it DID let me compose whle the timer counted down that would probably lessen the issue a lot.