the universe

Adamastor

the bible (or any other religios text) should not be taken literally. i have read quite a bit into the possiblity of extraterestrial intervention being seen as divine intervention. with an open enough mind allot (if not all) happenings in said texts can be explained as a 1st century persons' undersanding of "et's playing god", pardon the pun. i am by no means an expert on the bible, but it is a possiblility... im not sure of the name of the book, but it was by an established author tho wrote "chariots of the gods" or something like that....

I agree with you, there are texts in the Bible that refer to "chariots of fire" moving in the skies.

Is Christianity work of Aliens?

ps: Wait until Eltiraaz or Switch see this! :P

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the bible (or any other religios text) should not be taken literally. i have read quite a bit into the possiblity of extraterestrial intervention being seen as divine intervention. with an open enough mind allot (if not all) happenings in said texts can be explained as a 1st century persons' undersanding of "et's playing god", pardon the pun. i am by no means an expert on the bible, but it is a possiblility... im not sure of the name of the book, but it was by an established author tho wrote "chariots of the gods" or something like that....

I agree with you, there are texts in the Bible that refer to "chariots of fire" moving in the skies.

Is Christianity work of Aliens?

ps: Wait until Eltiraaz or Switch see this! :P

*blasphemous text found... auto-christianity defense systems activated*

HOW DARE U SAY THAT!!

sorry lost control for a sec there :P

Blasphemers!!!!!! Infidels!!!!!!  Heathens!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deny ye not the Cosmic Muffin, for it is the holy pastry which shaped the universe as we know it.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~ultima9/ubb/Fo...TML/000073.html

:lol:

only one word for that:

LOL!!

:D

neways this is verging abit from the serious debate of the universe thing huh :P

Not really.... :lol:

The serious point is that you can believe pretty much anything you want about the origin of the universe - because there is so much we don't know.

The expansion of the universe is caused by the rising of the dough, and all stars and galaxies are akin to chocolate chips.

And in the beginning there was the mixing of the ingredients... :D

The best we can do is to conduct research, collect as much data as we can, then try to explain the data we have by drawing up theories. With the help of those theories we can predict other phenomena - and if we find experimental data to match these predictions the theory is strengthened. But as things stand now, we can't know that what we think happened actually did happen.

BTW - mine's a banana chocolate chip muffin, with coffee to go :lol:

Not really.... :lol:

The serious point is that you can believe pretty much anything you want about the origin of the universe - because there is so much we don't know.

The expansion of the universe is caused by the rising of the dough, and all stars and galaxies are akin to chocolate chips.

And in the beginning there was the mixing of the ingredients... :D

The best we can do is to conduct research, collect as much data as we can, then try to explain the data we have by drawing up theories. With the help of those theories we can predict other phenomena - and if we find experimental data to match these predictions the theory is strengthened. But as things stand now, we can't know that what we think happened actually did happen.

BTW - mine's a banana chocolate chip muffin, with coffee to go :lol:

yep. for all we know, every single scientific theory could be systematically disproven when we actually "get out there". the universe may not be as we think it is, after all all we've seen of it is telescope images. maybe our entire sector is surrounded by a temporal bubble, so that our time runs a lot slower than the rest of the galaxy's!...

god i watch too much star trek.

and mine's a blueberry muffin with chocolate chips... mmm :P

and mine's a blueberry muffin with chocolate chips... mmm :P

Stop it, you people are making me hungry! :P

Maybe there are other universes, who knows? :huh:

One thing is puzzling me, what is nothingness like?

What happens inside black holes? :huh:

well u wouldnt know what nothingness is like, because u wudnt be aware that u were in nothingness (if it even exists) :P if u mean like after death ur thrown into nothingness

and we dont know what happens inside black holes do we? only theories... even when we do go out into space nobody would be stupid enuf 2 try flying into the middle of one lol at least i hope not... :P

I am convinced that there are other many other universes - however, we have no way of perceiving them as we cannot look outside our own universe.

As for nothingness....within our reality there's no such thing. Even what we call empty space is far from empty.

Black holes are another good example of something we can only speculate about. We can describe how black holes come into existence, and while general relativity allows us to describe the phenomena occurring around the black hole, once inside the black hole the equations break down. Singularities - love them or hate them! :lol:

Archived