ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Article Categories

jwvanderbeck

I haven't opened up the toolset for DA at all, but if it's like the other SDK's have then "Using the toolset" should be for how to navigate, tweak, drop items, etc. where as scripting should be for when you're changing actual codes/scripts. If it's different let me know.

I haven't opened up the toolset for DA at all, but if it's like the other SDK's have then "Using the toolset" should be for how to navigate, tweak, drop items, etc. where as scripting should be for when you're changing actual codes/scripts. If it's different let me know.

Well unlike say NWN, pretty much anything significant you do in DA requires scripting of some sort. Even if all you want to do is give yourself an item.

In NWN for example, you could just open an area, create an item, then drag and drop it into the area. No scripting. A lot could be done like that.

In Dragon Age, the line isn't quite as clear. If you are making your OWN completely STAND ALONE CAMPAIGN then you can still do that for the most part, dragging and dropping. However if you are making mods that EXTEND the Single Player campaign, which is what a lot of people are doing right now, then you don't have access to the assets like areas and levels. So in order to interact you have to do it through scripts.

I'm not trying to say things should be one way, or another, but the toolset for DA is just a bit different and I think it might be better suited by instead breaking out tutorial categories that are more centered around what you are trying to do, not what you are doing it with, if that makes any sense?

Also under the current category system I don't think there is any valid option for something like this tutorial:

http://dragonagemodding.wordpress.com/2009...ding-2da-files/