Playable Qunari

AlienSlof

I have a thing for really big men and would love to play as one like Sten (yeah, I have the thing for him too!). How difficult is it to make a new playable race?

Well, first you'd have to either make a new origin or attach it to an existing one, and even then, people will hardly know what to think of you. I'm sure you could just use the dialogue paths that all non-elves get, but it wouldn't be that interesting from my perspective. So unless you want to just play the race and have it not influence story at all, it is very difficult. However, I can see other reasons you might want to play with a Sten-sized character ((Run, Zevran!))

However, I can see other reasons you might want to play with a Sten-sized character ((Run, Zevran!))

Muhahahahahaha! Especially now I've seen Sten naked (well, nearly!) oh my! :D ;)

I thought it would be a difficult undertaking, especially to do the job properly, with his/her own origin story - which, let's face it, would be more interesting. Perhaps an alienated one far from home, much like Sten is.

• 1 month later...

I've thought about a Qunari race mod many times aswell. A new intresting origin might be possible; If i had to choose some origin, i would definetly have it be arriving with Sten and the others, battling the battle in which Sten lost his sword with them and then being beaten. Wake up in some house, and the shortcut would be that duncan happend to travel near and found you and then you would be at the start of the normal "First we must go to Ostagar" thingy.

And of course, that would all ready be terrifyingly hard to do, but the even greater challenge is having people react on you. Espicially Sten's dialogue since you would expeect him to at least know you when you get to his cage.

And again this is propably yet to be only dreamed of. But still it would be very facinating

I've been hoping for a Qunari Race forever! I've been messaging some well known modders about a Qunari Race and I've been working on it for a while now (Although I just learned how to mod). I wanted to create an area in the northern islands. I wanted to have them explore their settlement for a while, and then leave on an expedition to Ferelden on a salvage. At one point you would battle Duncan, where he would get you close to death but commend you on your honor and strength and ask you to join the Grey Wardens. Because you obviously cannot and should not be able to kill him. Those were my basic plans, but I'm still having a bit of trouble with the modding.